DVDVR Message Board

All things STAR WARS~!

ultimoDANK

Not really,  they seem to be going out of their way to show practically nothing about Luke and this just follows with that.

I have no problem not knowing a single thing about Luke until the movie comes out and just marking the fuck out the first time I see him.

I'm so nervous about getting tickets for the midnight showing.  I don;t know why.  I guess it's because of the hype, but I'm a nervous wreck.  

Would you dress up as a character?  Would you bring a lightsaber?  Is being first something you value?  If you answer yes to any of these questions, go to the midnight showing, if no go the next day.  I went to Revenge of the Sith at midnight, and let's just say my nerdiness is a little too lowkey to put up with that shit again.  I should have known when I saw the guy in line wrapped in aluminum foil in a makeshift C3PO costume, but I didn't fully understand until there was an impromptu lightsaber battle in the theater.  The theater manager came in and started screaming at everyone...for the only time in my life I agreed with the person trying to ruin everyone else's fun.

• Like 4

There is a #boycottstarwarsVII hashtag on twitter, because apparently people are upset that there is a black man and a woman starring in a film.

Haha.  That's a little crazy.  I couuld see that hashtag getting steam if Jar Jar was in it.
Glancing at Twitter, I don't think that this is much of a real movement. The vast majority of people who drop the hashtag are pretty obviously just trolling or joking. And the minority who seem serious about it mostly seem to be saying "I'm sick of Star Wars movies, stop making them!" in general.

Of the very few who genuinely do mean it as an anti-racial-diversity statement: what, y'all weren't paying attention before now?

2010-05-20-lobot02.jpg

Mace_Windu_68264.jpg

There is a #boycottstarwarsVII hashtag on twitter, because apparently people are upset that there is a black man and a woman starring in a film.

Here is John Boyega's response:

"It's unnecessary. I’m in the movie, what are you going to do about it? You either enjoy it or you don’t. I’m not saying get used to the future, but what is already happening. People of color and women are increasingly being shown on-screen. For things to be whitewashed just doesn’t make sense. All the films I’ve done have had a secret commentary on stereotypical mentalities. It’s about getting people to drop a prejudiced state of mind and realize, Oh shit we’re just watching normal people."

• Like 1

I can't find a single actual #BoycottStarWarsVII post that isn't people going "I can't believe #BoycottStarWarsVII is real" or cracking a joke about white people. Is this another thing like when 4chan tricked feminists into peeing on themselves and taking a picture? That's pretty much what it feels like so far.

I can't find a single actual #BoycottStarWarsVII post that isn't people going "I can't believe #BoycottStarWarsVII is real" or cracking a joke about white people. Is this another thing like when 4chan tricked feminists into peeing on themselves and taking a picture? That's pretty much what it feels like so far.

It's been hijacked, when I saw it this morning it was basically as racist, sexist, homophobic, and anti-Semitic as Twitter gets.  Seriously, I don't know what J.J. Abrams said or did, but there were a lot of people saying some really nasty things about him and his religion. 

What's great is that a lot of people use their actual government names and/or photos when leaving these comments. This is one of the times I laugh at people losing their jobs. Their bosses don't have to be Stetson Kennedy to figure out if it's them or not.

It's been hijacked, when I saw it this morning it was basically as racist, sexist, homophobic, and anti-Semitic as Twitter gets. Seriously, I don't know what J.J. Abrams said or did, but there were a lot of people saying some really nasty things about him and his religion.

He was born Jewish, and there's non-white humans in prominent places on his poster. Clearly, he's a monster. Or something.

Apparently only in Grand Rapids, fifty bucks for the marathon. My other local theater chain, I can't find anything on their website yet to see if they have one closer.

Occasionally living in tiny little village sucks.

Theoretically, right, if you buy a ticket to a Marathon, is there any obligation to attend the whole thing? Or can you turn up halfway through Attack of the Clones and still get in (I'm assuming they're going numerical order, not release order)?

And if so, someone go, sit in the front row and photograph the audience as the lights go down, for each movie. Because you might be watching episode one in isolated millionaire mode

• Like 1