DVDVR Message Board

AEW - MARCH 2024

Shartnado

During the Death Triangle vs FTR feud a few years back, was there ever a PAC vs Cash Wheeler singles match? I know PAC and Dax had a highly praised match back then, but watching the FTR&Eddie  vs BCC made me think I'd REALLY want to see those two go at it!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shartnado said:

During the Death Triangle vs FTR feud a few years back, was there ever a PAC vs Cash Wheeler singles match? I know PAC and Dax had a highly praised match back then, but watching the FTR&Eddie  vs BCC made me think I'd REALLY want to see those two go at it!

Nope, amazingly Cash has only had three AEW singles matches, all losses: Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb and Dax himself during the Owen qualifiers

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Nope, amazingly Cash has only had three AEW singles matches, all losses: Jay Lethal, Jeff Cobb and Dax himself during the Owen qualifiers

And Dax has had loads of singles matches, but I believe that win over Cash is his only singles victory.

Still unsure whether they're deliberately portraying the members of FTR as terrible singles wrestlers.

2 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Still unsure whether they're deliberately portraying the members of FTR as terrible singles wrestlers.

It seems pretty clear that Dax in singles is a way to showcase his strong skillset and be a credible win for the Singles wrestlers he faces. When Dax starts getting squashed and it doesn't lead to him getting a return tag team win you might have a case for the company that pays him/pushes him as a top star 'delibrately portraying' him as a 'terrible singles wrestler'. 

Eh, he's a tag team wrestler.  He should get beaten by skilled singles wrestlers.  Of course, two singles wrestlers thrown together should be beaten, the majority of the time, by an established tag team as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tbarrie said:

I'm a big believer in the (Bill Watts?) philosophy that a regular tag team should always defeat two regular singles competitors thrown together in a one-off. 

Conversely, when a guy that regularly works tag matches works a singles match against a regular singles competitor, the tag guy should lose.

Booking logic.

• Like 9

48 minutes ago, SovietShooter said:

I'm a big believer in the (Bill Watts?) philosophy that a regular tag team should always defeat two regular singles competitors thrown together in a one-off. 

Conversely, when a guy that regularly works tag matches works a singles match against a regular singles competitor, the tag guy should lose.

Booking logic.

😄

Check the post above yours

To add to this, a GREAT way to build your tag belts into something to be taken seriously and maybe main event shows: every once in a while, maybe on a big TV show, put your world champ and secondary champ against the tag team champions in a non title challenge match or, shit, if those two singles two champs are closely aligned, in a tag title match.  Then have your tag champs beat them clean. 

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Technico Support said:

put your world champ and secondary champ against the tag team champions in a non title challenge match or, shit, if those two singles two champs are closely aligned, in a tag title match.  Then have your tag champs beat them clean. 

I'm a big believer that your top singles title and tag titles should both carry the same weight and gravitas, where both should regularly main event shows.  So I would have no issue putting my tag champs over

• Like 5

“We’re told that the company has been hoping and at least tentatively planning for Kazuchika Okada to be in the fold by the March 6 episode of Dynamite.”

-Fightful Select

Happy birthday to me.

• Like 6

This month sees the first AEW PPV of the year, Revolution this weekend featuring Sting's last match. There's talk Kazuchika Omega and Mercedes Mone are All Elite too. We shall soon see!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kang said:

New set, new logo for for Dynamite. And moving away from the red/blue.

I didn't like the recent set. I prefer the original stripped down old one with the two tunnels.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I didn't like the recent set. I prefer the original stripped down old one with the two tunnels.

I was fine with it. They later did add more LEDs around the ring and changed the match graphics slightly.

That's almost certainly fake. Jeff Passan ain't said shit.

On 2/28/2024 at 5:57 AM, Technico Support said:

As long as they don't change the theme song.

BRING THE BROOMS

FIGHT RACCOONS

I recently finally bought the video game and heard more than ten seconds of the Dynamite theme for the first time. It’s not good.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

per Fightful, Mike Santana is now gone from AEW. He's off the roster page and not because his name starts with The.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, AxB said:

per Fightful, Mike Santana is now gone from AEW. He's off the roster page and not because his name starts with The.

I wonder how much longer Ortiz will be All Elite. He doesn't really have much value if he's not tagging with Santana. 

17 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Still hoping we get a surprise appearance from Homicide some blessed night.

Homicide/Kingston/Ortiz vs. Danielson/Moxley/Claudio

• Like 6