DVDVR Message Board

Elimination Chamber XIV - 2/24/2024

I just landed in Perth. It's raining which is super rare for this part of the world.

Should be an interesting out door show if this keeps up (which they're saying is unlikely by bell time, but looking at the forecast probably will stop about four hours before show time)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I just landed in Perth. It's raining which is super rare for this part of the world.

Should be an interesting out door show if this keeps up (which they're saying is unlikely by bell time, but looking at the forecast probably will stop about four hours before show time)

Enjoy, mate!

• Like 1

My top five Elimination Chamber matches:

5. Triple H vs. Chris Benoit vs. Batista vs. Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho vs. Edge. New Year's Revolution 2005.

4. Edge vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Wade Barrett vs. Kane vs. The Big Show. Elimination Chamber 2011.

3. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Jericho vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Kane vs. Booker T. Survivor Series 2003.

2. Edge vs. John Cena vs. Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho vs. Kane vs. Mike Knox. No Way Out 2009.

1. Daniel Bryan vs. Samoa Joe vs. AJ Styles vs. Randy Orton vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Kofi Kingston. Elimination Chamber 2019.

If you've just arrived on the main roster as a heel, you're in a six person chamber match where you're the only definitive heel in the match, I suspect it undermines a lot of people in that match when you constantly play to the crowd for face reactions and hitting most of the high spots in the match.

Equal blame should go to whoever produced the match to allow it and an inexperienced rookie, but that's some bullshit.

Dug the Women's Chamber match. Thought everyone had a nice showing. Was surprised at how over Tiffany was. I don't think any level of booking would have made her heel here outside of eliminating Becky in some super underhanded way.

Bate/Dunne vs. Finn/Priest built into a pretty good match. I think this was one of Priest and Balor's better showings as a team.

Men's Chamber match seemed solid though it didn't quite draw my interest in as much as the women did. Did think the eliminations were generally well handled and it feels like they set up at least one or two other matches for Wrestlemania outside of the World title match.

Rhea/Nia was good. Nia looked good as a powerhouse, and I liked Rhea switching things up a bit to deal with monster like Nia. Was neat seeing both women bust out new things for the occasion.

All the matches delivered on some level so a generally good show. Won't say anything was great, but its was all worth catching.

Here is my summary of what it was like, watching this show:

VISIT AUSTRALIA!
HERE ARE THE RULES TO AN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH
VISIT AUSTRALIA!
HERE ARE THE RULES TO A CHAMBER AGAIN
RING ENTRANCES
Some Wrestling
FIREWORK SHOW
VISIT AUSTRALIA!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Here is my summary of what it was like, watching this show:

VISIT AUSTRALIA!
HERE ARE THE RULES TO AN ELIMINATION CHAMBER MATCH
VISIT AUSTRALIA!
HERE ARE THE RULES TO A CHAMBER AGAIN
RING ENTRANCES
Some Wrestling
FIREWORK SHOW
VISIT AUSTRALIA!

For some reason I really want to check out this Australia place now 

I thought Tiffany Stratton was amazing.  She busted her ass out there and largely carried the interest of the match.   

I wasn’t aware she was a heel up until this this point.  But she looked like she did a face turn to me.  Probably became a star too.

Edit: I’d also like to deny the existence of anyone allegedly named “Butch”.

Thank you.

Edited by Brandon Bones

This had to be Rhea's best defense since her match against Nattie on Raw. And this was probably one of Nia's best performances as well. I almost wanted her to go over just so the arena could explode lol

The women's chamber match was good but predictable. I don't think anyone expected Becky to not be Rhea's Mania opponent. All of the other women were really good though. Some nice spots and a great coming out moment for Tiffany. 

Is Straton apart of the main roster ? I was most impressed by her. Because Naomi is fresh off returning, I expected more of a reaction from the Audience. 

That main event dragged on but it was cool to see Rhea main event 

3 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Loved the show overall but man, I wish Liv won the Chamber.

I don't think Becky & Rhea is going to be that good in ring. Becky's been looking a little robotic recently. Very much looks like she is thinking about her next spot.

I mean... you saw all of Liv's title reign, right? Maybe the year off has done her well but she's never shown to be able to work a top shelf singles match, much less a featured WM title one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Is Straton apart of the main roster ? I was most impressed by her. Because Naomi is fresh off returning, I expected more of a reaction from the Audience. 

Stratton was officially brought to Smackdown right after the Rumble, and beat Michin to get her slot in the Chamber. She looked like she'd been brought up too early in her SD matches, but she acquitted herself well here (still insane that she came up before Perez)

2 hours ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Man I love New Catch Republic but I fuckin hate that name. Between this and NQCC, whoever taught Levesque "catch" as a term to describe UK/EU wrestling needs a week in the box.

Surprised they didn't just use the British Strong Style name again since they were using it for NXT UK.

1 hour ago, username said:

I mean... you saw all of Liv's title reign, right? Maybe the year off has done her well but she's never shown to be able to work a top shelf singles match, much less a featured WM title one.

I thought Liv's matches against Carmella and Becky a few years back were decently good. She just seemed to regress when she became champ. No idea if that was because of Rousey and/or injuries, but she has looked a decent bit better upon in this latest return. A big Wrestlemania match mainly wouldn't make sense for her because she has no momentum. 

1 hour ago, Cliff Hanger said:

Stratton was officially brought to Smackdown right after the Rumble, and beat Michin to get her slot in the Chamber. She looked like she'd been brought up too early in her SD matches, but she acquitted herself well here (still insane that she came up before Perez)

Guessing Stratton moved up first because they wanted a heel and they want to make sure NXT still has good talent around to lead the the newer crop for a while. 

24 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Guessing Stratton moved up first because they wanted a heel and they want to make sure NXT still has good talent around to lead the the newer crop for a while. 

This comes back to how stupid it was to keep teasing a Perez heel turn and then backing off. They should have done it in July instead of doing the "Roxy takes offense at something innocent and pops somebody in the mouth, beats them, and the next week is a face again" cycle 5 times in 2023 before actually going with a turn after Vengeance Day. She wouldn't have worked as a heel on SD now, but if they had spent six months cultivating that side of her instead of playing silly buggers, she might have.

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

It probably did not help that Naomi looked completely washed up.