DVDVR Message Board

R-EVOLUTION V - 3/3/2024

I could scrap the mushroom and the pickles on the Giddy-Up (pickles do not go on a sandwich to me, they are a side dish served cold) but otherwise boy howdy. I hope that order was the night's takeout for catering at a card or something. There is no other plausible excuse for it. 

I haven't ordered this one yet, but there's still time. Also, I don't know if I should even put this out into the universe, but I had a dream a couple of nights back that Danielson ended up basically squashing Eddie in a very short match. Whatever the end result will be, I hope that will not be the case.

The Hangman situation is also unfortunate, but Swerve vs Joe would definitely be a fresh and unique match. Wait, that Wardlow promo... Is he going to take Hangman's place, so it will still be a 3-Way, advertised?

It is a wrestling tradition that if there's a Three Way match with Samoa Joe on PPV, and someone has to drop out, he's to be replaced by Kazarian.

I mean, we all want them to add Kurt Angle to the mix, but realistically it's not happening.

• Like 1

What matches are you most looking forward to? Me:

5. Christian Cage vs. Daniel Garcia.

4. Samoa Joe vs. Hangman Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland.

3. FTR vs. Claudio Castagnoli/Jon Moxley.

2. Sting/Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks.

1. Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

What matches are you most looking forward to? Me:

5. Christian Cage vs. Daniel Garcia.

4. Samoa Joe vs. Hangman Adam Page vs. Swerve Strickland.

3. FTR vs. Claudio Castagnoli/Jon Moxley.

2. Sting/Darby Allin vs. The Young Bucks.

1. Bryan Danielson vs. Eddie Kingston.

My list is your list, I think - I miiiiiight swap 2 and 1 just because it's Sting, but I'm sure that's just a matter of taste more than anything (like, I'm sure if our seats were swapped, you'd be replying similarly re: Bryan).

In any case, this is definitely the most hyped I've been for an AEW PPV in quite some time. Probably Revolution '22, if I'm being honest.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Is Julia hurt? I don't remember her wrestling lately. 

Hmm. Googling "Julia Hart status" turns up a couple of news sites saying she is in fact hurt. No idea if they're reliable, though. So maybe?

I've danced around this lately, but I do want to state it clearly and directly. The Bucks reinvention/gimmick change has gone about as well as it could have possibly gone. It's basically the shift from "Young Bucks" to "Old Bucks" that they've needed for a while. They're still not my choice for Sting's last match but I came in expecting the worst based, if nothing else, on their last few feuds, and I've come off pretty satisfied with it. We always knew they'd bump around for Sting and create the motion (w/Darby) but there's enough of an emotional underpinning now that, give a huge hot crowd, that I believe they'll lean into the gravitas instead of ironically squandering it. Let me put it this way: I'm planning on actually watching the match even if I don't want to actually write it up.

Edited by Matt D
  • Like 3