DVDVR Message Board

R-EVOLUTION V - 3/3/2024

The angle though is Hangman doing whatever it takes not to necessarily be champion himself, but to stop Swerve from becoming champ. Hangman going full unhinged heel is where the story goes in my opinion.

• Like 2

I'm not sure I'm ready for Joe to not be champ already, but I do think Swerve will make a great champ at some point. The way his character has become, he can easily switch between heel or face depending on his opponent. It sort of reminds me of the old touring champion switching it up depending on the territory's challenger.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Log said:

I'm not sure I'm ready for Joe to not be champ already, but I do think Swerve will make a great champ at some point. The way his character has become, he can easily switch between heel or face depending on his opponent. It sort of reminds me of the old touring champion switching it up depending on the territory's challenger.

Well said - Mox is like that too, IMO. If Swerve does go over here, that ought to be great when they get to it

18 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm probably being an idiot here: are there any changes in the shoot besides it now becoming a title bout?

In theory, it should main event for all of the reasons you noted. No disagreement here. The only piece of it I have reservations about is length - I'd just really, really hate for the crowd to dump on a tremendous effort if it ends up being a short-yet-chaotic affair (which I think has been a real winning formula for a lot of these Sting tags/trios so far). If Sting feels he can hang for 20 minutes or whatever? Then fuck yeah, go for it.

The winner is the other piece - this is kinda parallel to a conversation I am having with a couple guys in the TV thread right now, but I think whatever the finish is will also dictate card placement to a degree - is it a "send them home happy" affair, or is it a Bucks heat-fest? I completely get the idea of not wanting to fade to black on the heels standing tall over a fallen Sting. I also completely get the idea of Sting wanting to go out on his back if he so desires - Idk that there's a wrong answer or path.

This is tough, man. Joe deserves it for a long, long time, but when it comes to Swerve, I've got that voice going "Strike while the iron's hot." Hangman isnt a bad choice by any means, but with how important a story his first title chase was, I'd like him to get it back in a situation that has a little more meat on the bone, narratively speaking. I think going with Swerve here, and having Hangman be driven insane by it (I guess not unsimilar to Timeless Toni's story, but played straight) might be fruitful later on.

Sting and Darby win and vacate due to Retirement and Everest. Well all know how our boy Coach K loves a tournament so you can use that to elevate someone maybe Top Flight? 

I've felt that Swerve v Hangman should have shades of Raven v Dreamer. Have Swerve just keep pulling out wins until Hangman finally gets the big one 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I’d like Sting and Darby to win and Vacate, leading to a massive 32 team tournament including representation from AAA, CMLL , TNA , DDT and NJPW. Winner defends against Darby and a partner of his choosing 

I could be into that, too. I like the Lethal Lottery idea better but this isn't a bad shout, other than I feel like it maybe makes the outcome a little less in doubt...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, zendragon said:

I’d like Sting and Darby to win and Vacate, leading to a massive 32 team tournament including representation from AAA, CMLL , TNA , DDT and NJPW. Winner defends against Darby and a partner of his choosing 

Do the mods have a secret administrator function that will highlight certain posts next time a particular user, let's say Coach Tony, visits the board?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, zendragon said:

No, no. There should be another tournament to determine Darby's partner, held simultaneously.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

No, no. There should be another tournament to determine Darby's partner, held simultaneously.

Once TK figures out he can hold a tournament to determine who gets into a tournament it is fucking over, that's the gray goo that eats AEW.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

Once TK figures out he can hold a tournament to determine who gets into a tournament it is fucking over, that's the gray goo that eats AEW.

Touroborosement?     Wait, no.  Come back I can do better. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, tbarrie said:

When I tell you this popped me...

Just now, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I can't see either of them losing. Intrigued! 

With Callis emphasizing in the announcement that they'd all still be family after the match it feels like they're setting up one of those guys splitting and going out on their own.

8 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

I can't see either of them losing. Intrigued! 

This is why god invented draws and double disqualifications!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

With Callis emphasizing in the announcement that they'd all still be family after the match it feels like they're setting up one of those guys splitting and going out on their own.

I'd like to see Ospreay and Kyle Fletcher split off from the Don Callis Family, then re-unite Aussie Open when Mark Davis is ready to return and have Ospreay and Aussie Open remain as the United Empire. 

• Like 4