DVDVR Message Board

Full Gear V - 11/18/2023

Dolfan in NYC

This feels like it's missing one or two undercard matches of the beaten path, Miro vs Andrade (though that's probably too soon) or Hook vs Yuta. Something like that. Maybe it's just that we had some weird PPVs in a row with All In, All Out, and Wrestledream. 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 7:09 PM, Casey said:

I’d imagine Will Ospreay or Mercedes Mone.

Fwiw, the signing is not expected to be Mercedes.  

I'm deciding which would be funnier, Ibushi who's already been announced, or "Whatever Dolph is named now" (Nic Nemeth, I'd assume)

3 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

Lemme hit you with a third option.

Ronda Rousey, so we can deal with THAT nonsense.

I'm really nervous that this is the answer and if they do that after the "someone every AEW fan respects" announcement?  Wooooooof.

I do not care for Dolph even a little bit, but I'm morbidly curious to see him in AEW.

He's a guy who people (not around here) have always claimed was a great worker being held back. I'd like to see what he can do in a more "unfiltered" setting.

Same with Edge. Haven't really got to see him go yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

People have suggested Riddle is being signed and I know that Bix would shoot out his laptop if they announced that.

Bix probably not having access to the internet? Would we be that lucky?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Log said:

I do not care for Dolph even a little bit, but I'm morbidly curious to see him in AEW.

He's a guy who people (not around here) have always claimed was a great worker being held back. I'd like to see what he can do in a more "unfiltered" setting.

Same with Edge. Haven't really got to see him go yet.

Hard agree. I wrote like 20000 words last night in the other thread to basically say the same thing. What kind of decisions would a guy like Dolph make outside the machine and it's house agenting style

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hard agree. I wrote like 20000 words last night in the other thread to basically say the same thing. What kind of decisions would a guy like Dolph make outside the machine and it's house agenting style

The world's stupidest decisions. The rep on him for his entire WWE career is that he would have made it farther there if he just listened to the agenting as opposed to being a hard case and trying to get all of his shit in to "steal the show."

• Like 1

The funny thing is I don't remember any of the shit he had to get in. Granted, my memory is negligible at best sometimes, but all I recall from any of his matches is a Rocker Dropper and a bunch of pinballing around for other people. 

Here's yet another ridiculous what if

Spoiler

It's Punk re-signing with AEW. And he's the Devil too. 

DUN DUN DUNNNNNNNNN

EDIT: Respected hahaha

Edited by Curt McGirt

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

The world's stupidest decisions. The rep on him for his entire WWE career is that he would have made it farther there if he just listened to the agenting as opposed to being a hard case and trying to get all of his shit in to "steal the show."

Sounds like he would fit right in there

• Haha 2

This is probably a longshot but does anyone know of any establishment in Hamilton that will be showing the PPV as I am going to be there for the Grey Cup this weekend.