DVDVR Message Board

AEW TV - 10/4 - 10/10/2023 - On This Day, I. P. Freely

Dolfan in NYC

Upon going to Wikipedia, I find that the arenas for last weekend's Collision and tomorrow's Dynamite are both ECHL minor league hockey arenas.

The difference is that the Maverik Center in West Valley City has 10,100 seats for Hockey while the Cable Dahmer Arena in Independence has 5800 seats for Hockey

Maverik isn't the largest ECHL Arena (remember when Trump held a rally in Tulsa in 2020 and people commented on the low attendance there? that was in the largest arena in the ECHL) and Cable Dahmer isn't the smallest ECHL arena (but it's pretty close).

I think this is the 3rd or 4th AEW Show at CDA. WWE has only run there once (for NXT) while sticking to the Sprint/T-Mobile Center.

9 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I don't understand AEW's desire to regularly fly international stars to 5k-seater in freaking Kansas City, but I'm very glad they do.

We just opened a new airport terminal back in February.

Looking at the map of the area, do you think Minoru Suzuki would eat at a BD's Mongolian Grill, Kobe Japanese Steak House, Hooters, Carrabbas Italian Grill, the Golden Corral, or Whataburger?

Edited by Cobra Commander
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

looking around Google Maps and realizing that Twin Peaks might be the best rated restaurant near the Cable Dahmer Arena (if you care about the sample size of how many reviews there are)

The list of restaurants on one section of Valley View Parkway between the Arena and Little Blue Parkway:

• Culvers: 4.4 stars, 2810 reviews
  • Arby's: 3.8 stars, 706 rev
  • Shawarmar: 4.5 stars, 399 rev
  • Carrabba's: 4.3 stars, 1858 rev
  • Hooters: 3.7 stars, 1046 rev
  • Kobe Japanese Steak House: 4.2 stars, 1789 rev
  • BD's Mongolian: 4.3 stars, 2645 rev
  • Golden Corral Buffet & Grill: 3.7 stars, 5821 rev

On the other side of I-70, Twin Peaks is at 4.4 stars, Hereford House at 4.3, On The Border is 3.7, Buffalo Wild Wings is 3.8. Chick-Fil-A is a 4.4 and the drive thru is always packed at that location. The Whataburger has a lower rating than Hooters presumably because the women don't look as good at the Whataburger. 

Anyways, best of luck to the Twin Peaks and Hooters waitresses who are about to meet pro wrestlers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

We just opened a new airport terminal back in February.

Looking at the map of the area, do you think Minoru Suzuki would eat at a BD's Mongolian Grill, Kobe Japanese Steak House, Hooters, Carrabbas Italian Grill, the Golden Corral, or Whataburger?

Takeshita really hoping TK has room for Callis Family promo or Rampage squash on this show now.

AEW has been struggling with ticket sales in the U.S. most of the year but I'm wondering if some of it is on the scheduling?  By no means am I saying the product is hot right now but running Independence, Missouri twice over the span of like 5 or 6 months seems odd?  

I've also seen some situations where they are running the same city in back to back shows like the Collision prior to "Wrestle Dream" also being in Seattle.  Maybe they are burning these towns out but also expecting too much from some areas.  I'm not an expert on scheduling obviously. 

• Like 1

I'm super frustrated. AEW is coming back to Texas next week for Dynamite/Rampage, they claim to the Houston area (yay!)

They're going to ROSENBERG. Population of about 36,000. To the Fort Bend County Epicenter, a county stadium with capacity of around 10,000. It's primarily used for county rodeos and such. Rosenberg is NOT the Houston area! This is beyond mind boggling. Isn't Jarrett in charge of getting venues for live events? He's doing a really poor job if he is. I really want to go, but it's about a two hour drive for me and the wife, to a place I sure don't want to go to. I really want to support this company, but they're not doing themselves any favors with moves like this.

Folks elsewhere, are they booking shows in small towns or c-list stadiums also? I know when it comes to Texas, they're not being entirely genuine. I.e. when they've said Austin, they're really in Cedar Park, Dallas is really Arlington or Garland, etc, now Rosenberg is impersonating Houston.

• Like 1

For some weird reason, AEW shows in this area sometimes get scheduled around the same time as WWE shows

This week, it's AEW Dynamite tomorrow and a WWE House show on Saturday night.

Back in the spring WWE had Smackdown on St. Patrick's Day and AEW had Dynamite on March 22nd.

Dynamite was also in Independence on June 8th, 2022, November 3rd, 2021, and February 26th, 2020 while WWE was there in September 2022 (Raw), January 2022 (Smackdown), and July 2021 (Raw) post-2020.

Tomorrow is the 5th Dynamite in the City of Trails.. Truly a historic moment.

So, will the Mods remember to close this thread and open a new one before Dynamite, or will we get three people starting new AEW TV threads for the week today?

30 minutes ago, AxB said:

So, will the Mods remember to close this thread and open a new one before Dynamite, or will we get three people starting new AEW TV threads for the week today?

I actually forgot Dynamite airs 24 hours earlier than usual. I've done a thread to try and help the staff out.

Edited by The Natural

8 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

Folks elsewhere, are they booking shows in small towns or c-list stadiums also?

Collision in Cleveland was at the Cavaliers' arena (Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse), which is bigger than the building they ran for Dynamite the previous year (Wolstein Center at Cleveland State University). I was pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

looking around Google Maps and realizing that Twin Peaks might be the best rated restaurant near the Cable Dahmer Arena (if you care about the sample size of how many reviews there are)

The list of restaurants on one section of Valley View Parkway between the Arena and Little Blue Parkway:

• Culvers: 4.4 stars, 2810 reviews
  • Arby's: 3.8 stars, 706 rev
  • Shawarmar: 4.5 stars, 399 rev
  • Carrabba's: 4.3 stars, 1858 rev
  • Hooters: 3.7 stars, 1046 rev
  • Kobe Japanese Steak House: 4.2 stars, 1789 rev
  • BD's Mongolian: 4.3 stars, 2645 rev
  • Golden Corral Buffet & Grill: 3.7 stars, 5821 rev

On the other side of I-70, Twin Peaks is at 4.4 stars, Hereford House at 4.3, On The Border is 3.7, Buffalo Wild Wings is 3.8. Chick-Fil-A is a 4.4 and the drive thru is always packed at that location. The Whataburger has a lower rating than Hooters presumably because the women don't look as good at the Whataburger. 

Anyways, best of luck to the Twin Peaks and Hooters waitresses who are about to meet pro wrestlers.

Whataburger in Texas has gone way downhill, maybe it's even worse in Missurah

9 hours ago, The Green Meanie said:

I'm super frustrated. AEW is coming back to Texas next week for Dynamite/Rampage, they claim to the Houston area (yay!)

They're going to ROSENBERG. Population of about 36,000. To the Fort Bend County Epicenter, a county stadium with capacity of around 10,000. It's primarily used for county rodeos and such. Rosenberg is NOT the Houston area! This is beyond mind boggling. Isn't Jarrett in charge of getting venues for live events? He's doing a really poor job if he is. I really want to go, but it's about a two hour drive for me and the wife, to a place I sure don't want to go to. I really want to support this company, but they're not doing themselves any favors with moves like this.

Folks elsewhere, are they booking shows in small towns or c-list stadiums also? I know when it comes to Texas, they're not being entirely genuine. I.e. when they've said Austin, they're really in Cedar Park, Dallas is really Arlington or Garland, etc, now Rosenberg is impersonating Houston.

That one is weird, I would assume there has to be something closer that's the right size. Also possible that they look at mileage and not travel time. And maybe they got a deal compared to something in the actual metro area.

In Austin, they switched to the Moody Center, so it's possible they were only running Cedar Park until that construction was finished and a date opened. I imagine Erwin Center (which was a dump) had a WWE exclusive deal. As for the Metroplex, that doesn't surprise me as Arlington is always basically considered Dallas.

9 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

Tony has a batsignal for Minoru Suzuki for whenever they need him for a show

Actually Suzuki's deal expired 6 months ago. Tony's just too scared to tell him. 

• Haha 1