DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCTOBER 2023

Dolfan in NYC

Forgot all about this but I turned on the noon news and Flex-N-Gate (Shahid Khan's source of wealth) shut down a plant in town here in Champaign-Urbana but is adding a plant out of town. I doubt this has any impact on an already wealthy Coach Tony but it's just an interesting footnote. 

I was reading Matt D writing about Danielson in Segunda Caida and he brought up his injuries. That made me think: How many injuries have their been in AEW in the last year or two, total, from everybody? I'm not sure if it's a huge amount but it feels like more than you hear about in other feds. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was reading Matt D writing about Danielson in Segunda Caida and he brought up his injuries. That made me think: How many injuries have their been in AEW in the last year or two, total, from everybody? I'm not sure if it's a huge amount but it feels like more than you hear about in other feds. 

This is just anecdotal, from my own brain, but I feel like there are a ton of injuries now in not just pro wrestling, but all major sports. I think it may be one of two things (or, most likely, a combo of both):

1. Today's athletes are stronger and faster than ever. In wrestling, this is true, and you have to add in the fact that the fans demand more action, maybe more "danger" in their matches than in the past.

2. I think today's athletes are less likely to play through an injury. I personally don't see this as a bad thing at all.

• Like 3

For some reason, it has become a talking point among AEW fans that Danhausen is injury prone. He's been injured twice in his career, the torn pec he's been out with recently, and the broken leg he had a couple of years ago. But he was injury free for years on the indies before that.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

Feels like the median age of the roster is higher than it was 20-30 years ago, that also has to factor in somewhat.

really? I feel like WWE has had a bit of a youth movement in recent years. Lots of people in their 20s and 30s, where as it used to be where you went at the end of your career to finish up (or after your football career ened)

Malakai Black said that when he was on the main roster in WWE, the guys who were considered the veteran Locker Room Leaders were Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Jon Moxley. 

3 hours ago, AxB said:

For some reason, it has become a talking point among AEW fans that Danhausen is injury prone. He's been injured twice in his career, the torn pec he's been out with recently, and the broken leg he had a couple of years ago. But he was injury free for years on the indies before that.

I think that's because it's Danhausen. Who'd think that dude would get bad injuries? 

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Sounds like a curse to me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They opened up $20 upper deck tickets for Philly Dynamite/Rampage next week, lower deck is still minimum $50. I know Gregg is very down on AEW due to the Juice/MJF promo, anyone else from Philly area going? 

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

"I MAKE the curses, I don't get them!" (a la the guy in Snatch: "I MAKE the bodies, I don't erase them")

It would be very a Danhausen thing if the cursehausen that usually doesn't work somehow actually worked when someone tried that on him!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ramo2653 said:

Watching Rampage and the 3 way match just made me think about Marq Quen. He got some kind of surgery 6 months ago but hasn't updated his IG since then. He's gotta be close right?

Still waiting for the tag match between Private Party and Top Flight to see which one of the Young Bucks upsetting teams is the best?

• Like 3

I must say that I find it hilarious that everyone who mentions that Sami Callihan was the last couple AEW tapings and that Moxley is putting a good word for him ALWAYS uses a picture of him from about 3 years ago.    Does he have a good mind for wrestling yes at times.  But man last I saw him he was on that Tommy Dreamer zero fucks given physique and is covered all over to hide this fact.  I don't mean in a Chris Hero way either where it was clear he got bulky to change his style up

Edited by hammerva