DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK THREE

Dolfan in NYC

I also feel like we all just assumed the Cardinals would be the worst team in the league, and while they aren't good they've been competitive every single week.  The Bears, the Jets, the Bengals, the Steelers, and the Panthers, have all been worse.  

23 minutes ago, Raziel said:

I thought the Cards were supposed to be tanking.

Never forget, no matter what ownership and the front office wants, the players will never buy into tanking intentionally. Too many guys at risk of not having their seven figure a year job anymore if they don't play as best they can, too much pride, and not nearly enough benefit to the players to tank. Nobody wants to help the team get higher draft picks to replace them with.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Well that is a fitting end to the Chargers/Vikings game

I feel like this has to be seen, as I just finally saw it myself. I know they said after the game that the crowd noise made it so Cousins couldn't hear the play being called but just spike the ball! Give yourself time to talk it over and they'd still have had time to run three plays, there were 30 seconds left! Insane.

I don't know why that person had two audios going, it was the only tweet I could find with the entire sequence.

36 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Try being in a 4-man booth for MMA (I had time to look for a tooth when it flew out of the cage)

I feel like HBO and maybe various times throughout Showtime Boxing (Bobby Czyz would sometimes grate on me and didn't mind Ferdie Pacheco like others did) got the three man booth correct. In MMA, it can work only because we've gotten out of the Mike Goldberg era so you have folks like Jon Anik and Brendan Fitzgerald who can properly feed their color people well. However, Rogan can be the fly in the ointment cause he propels everyone to bring out their worst habits (namely DC).

Mauro still can when it comes to boxing, but sometimes he goes into insane Mauro (only like 7.5 on Mike Goldberg scale) mode. It makes me wish Barry Tompkins (the original voice of HBO boxing) would show up to do PBP for Showtime every now and again. I mean ShoBox only does a show every other month if that. I also wouldn't mind if they got Jim Lampley off the golf course or whatever the hell he is doing now even if in the final years of HBO boxing he mailed it in.

A four man booth is just unwieldy.

• Like 1

McDaniels going for the FG was going to work by design. I’ll give him that. They just got beat on the last clutch play they had to make, the 3rd down stop. The rest of it was just the result of the little bit of football left that had to be played by a team whose spirit was broken. 

I’ve always liked ole Jimmy G but he is really freaking bad, overshadowed only by guys who are bad with the added drama of their erratic play (Wilson, the other Wilson etc). Those plays all night where he was hurried, a good quarterback could have hit passes on those plays. Guy were open. It would have had to happened fast, but it would have happened with any good…not even great…quarterback. 

As for the Broncos, I feel bad for that OT out there busting his ass. He was genuinely dejected, not just football player mad. I don’t feel bad for Sean Payton though. I hate him lol! 

He’s topped himself every week so far. Losing to the Bears by 1 would top losing to the Dolphins by 50, complete with 70. Not really…but for meme’s sake I say it would because then the next week is HACKETT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!