DVDVR Message Board

May 2023 Wrestling Talk

Imagine Chris Jericho, looking smug.

Now imagine how pleased Chris Jericho will be with himself, after hearing all of Wembley Stadium sing Judas for him.

In a few months, you won’t need to imagine that. You’ll have seen it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like Full Sail Era NXT was pretty influential. I first really started noticing it with them singing along to Sami’s theme. So at least 2014-2015-ish.

Wrestlemania 29 when the audience started "Fandango-ing"? Then you had the Full Sail crowd who were more into the theme than the wrestlers themselves (Bobby Roode).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

Wrestlemania 29 when the audience started "Fandango-ing"? Then you had the Full Sail crowd who were more into the theme than the wrestlers themselves (Bobby Roode).

To be fair, Glorious is the best thing about Bobby Roode. To think, Glorious was written for Shinsuke Nakamura. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

To be fair, Glorious is the best thing about Bobby Roode

Bite your tongue!! I love me some Bob Roode. In another dimension, he's a 5 time NWA champ. I honestly don't know why - maybe it was the TNA manager search angle back in the day- but for some reason, he always exuded old school to me in the way FTR does for many now

Edited by Zakk_Sabbath
Let's be real: it's probably the sweet ass robe
  • Like 9

Bobby Roode was better at being Triple H than Triple H was. 

The best Triple H vs Sting match in history is Sting vs Bobby Roode.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Sabian/BLK Jeez has cancer

My Dad has that Cancer. I had him take Cannabis Oil and it got him in remission for years. It came back aggressively last year and he got his numbers down recently. That's a rough Cancer because is blood plasma cancer. It can go anywhere and it goes up to stage 3 for that cancer is what the doctor told. I found an herbalist for my Dad and she put him of herbs that cleanse The blood and cleaned up his diet in the beginning and he got off chemo in 4 months after his diagnosis and he was at the final stage when he was diagnosed and this was in 2016.

Jeez can fight this.

• Like 6

17 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

All this other shit aside, somebody posted a card with Sting vs. ORION. Who the hell is ORION?

342175448_249932710728306_51650277493771

My dog, Orion. We call her Offy for short. Photo: 17th April 2023.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Wembley ticket sales up to 43,000 now. Two days before they actually go on sale. I can’t help but think the main message we can take from this is that Vince McMahon left a lot of money on the table by NOT running a stadium show in the UK since 1992.

Like, every naysaying “this show will fail hard” rationalisation that the Vincels espoused, and still it sold so quickly, so heavily? That indicates a massively untapped market. 30 years of wrestling fans, begging to see the big spectacular, and all that’s on offer is a Wrestlemania travel package? It’s bad business. Man’s a damned fool.

• Like 7

There was one today for “AEW Partners”. Presumably Khan family employees, businesses that work with the Khan family businesses, Club Wembley members and Craven Cottage season ticket holders or something.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Never, my dude!  This was one of those times I was so far behind that I skipped to the last page.  😖

Really I’m just happy someone else knows the weirdness that is the Orion/Elvis story. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AxB said:

Wembley ticket sales up to 43,000 now. Two days before they actually go on sale. I can’t help but think the main message we can take from this is that Vince McMahon left a lot of money on the table by NOT running a stadium show in the UK since 1992.

If Vince would've ran it again before September/October '97 , he probably would have not wanted Bret to leave. Especially  Austin took off the following year they wouldn't have had much of an issue filling up the Stadium but Bret Hart being a proven draw over there definitely would've been a big case to keep him and probably would have been an incentive to run more often. The USA vs Canada angle would've been a good chance to run a good chance to do a Canadian Stampede type Main Event. Bulldog, Bret and Owen vs Shawn , Hunter and insert a top heel that would make sense to team with them.