DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

The fuck is this shit? Am I misunderstanding some hyperbole or are you actually asking for fans to physically attack a performer because you don't like the writing the company is giving him? What a garbage post.

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

Are you serious? You can completely go fuck yourself if you think fans should attack a wrestler for because the company booked a decision you don't like.

Partially serious. But eventually whatever audience that is left for WWE won't be back to hear Reigns drone on and on every week. It's borderline HHH "Reign of Terror" territory.

• Like 1

I love Roman going over. I've thought this for a bit now, but I think the plan is for Roman to break Bruno's record. WWE prints money no matter who is positioned where. You make a legitimate monster mega star in Reigns doing something no one else has ever done. And you make a legitimate mega star with whoever beats him. I mean I could be wrong. But who is left? Cody & Sami were both INCREDIBLY over and could have been fitting caps to this run. No one else on the horizon is in their league. So it's the only thing that makes sense to me.

Feel for Shane. I tore my ACL on a top rope backflip. It's very similar to what happened to Shane. Landed flat footed but slightly hunched forward on the leapfrog and the ligament just popped. He tried to post off the hurt leg to get out and with no ACL the bone slid forward and gave out. I don't think Shane should be an onscreen performer at this point but man I hate to see anyone have to go through the hell that is ACL reconstruction. It fucking sucks.

Night 1 was better but Bianca vs Asuka, Cody v Roman, & IC triple Threat were all bangers.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Andrew POE! said:

Partially serious. But eventually whatever audience that is left for WWE won't be back to hear Reigns drone on and on every week. It's borderline HHH "Reign of Terror" territory.

Get the fuck off of the internet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

You're a garbage person for suggesting that. The TV bad guy is mean and making my TV show not so fun, I hope people beat him up. Go back to Reddit or Twitter with that shit man.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

I lived through that shit cmon bro.  He's way more over and WWE is doing record business.  you gotta be trollin

Honestly, I’m probably more curious to see where they go from here than I would have been had Cody won.  Cody’s going to get his run eventually.  He won’t be hurt in the long run.

Roman talking shit to the Usos, telling them “I took care of business.  Why didn’t you?” Is going to be fun.

• Thanks 1

No one's catching  Bruno, you can't hold it that long in the current era.  Too much exposure.

This is the combo of Heyman and Dusty booking, which yeah.  It'll pay off.  Lord knows I've ended up happy with what Heyman pays off in the end many times before.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Should mention that the main event commentary was great with them dropping teases of countouts and saying "champion's advantage" to make you think Cody wouldn't win like Dusty against Superstar Graham

The countout stuff early on felt like the one interesting idea Cody was able to smuggle into the usual Roman formula.

• Like 1

It’s the Classic WWE move of killing what’s hot to see if it has the potential to stay hot. It’ll obviously be fine and likely the next/continued story will be interesting but I really don’t feel like it pays off to be invested in following along. 

This can be good if not botched going forward. Cody could gain sympathy, maybe beat Solo and even Seth again.

They could go with Jey, but the way the Sami aspect of the storyline played out I don’t really think that’ll have the effect without that inner turmoil.

WWE for the most part is a good product now and will obviously stay so even with this. We’ll get good main storyline segments and even with less thought put into the B and C storylines, it’ll likely produce good matches.

Maybe I’m being worked well but I’m currently in This is Horseshit mode. I’ll easily be won back over with how things continue. For tonight, fuck this. I’m a Minnesota Vikings fan, I know how this goes. I’m not buying into this company again until I finally do and then they let me down. Wide Left.

• Like 3

If the ultimate goals is to have Roman break Bruno or Hulk reign then you are treating the heavyweight title worse than when Brock was coming once every 4 months.  This idea that the real reaction will be Jey Uso beating Roman for the title is a good year away.  At this point nobody wants to wait that long.  People don't remember that the Bloodline was dying a slow death until sami Zayn happened.  

No idea what you do with Cody.   Obviously he will be in some 6 man matches with Kevin and Sami.  But if they put Cody against Reigns for the title the next 6 months nobody will care because nobody will believe it will happen.  And is Cody beating Roman at Summerslam or in fucking Saudi Arabia a better "feel good moment" that WM?  Nope

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I called it!

Night 2 was kinda bad. Plus the legit injuries to Shane and Finn. Main event was bad. Like, Cody is kinda bad, and Roman’s melodrama is not my favorite genre of wrestling. 

loved Night 1. Couldn’t have been more disappointed in night 2, and I wanted Cody to lose! 

• Thanks 1

We had a happy ending last night.  Sami and K.O. won to close the show and end The Usos 600+ day reign.  Rey Mysterio won too.  Rhea Ripley was the right choice.  Tonight, Bianca Belair won.  GUNTHER continues his long I.C. title streak.  

Everyone who needed a win got a win but because the biggest star of the last decade beat Cody Rhodes all of a sudden WWE doesn't know what they're doing? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

No idea what you do with Cody.   Obviously he will be in some 6 man matches with Kevin and Sami.  But if they put Cody against Reigns for the title the next 6 months nobody will care because nobody will believe it will happen.  And is Cody beating Roman at Summerslam or in fucking Saudi Arabia a better "feel good moment" that WM?  Nope

Cody winning it at MSG would tie-in with Dusty's history better, but when was the last time WWE did TV or a PPV there?

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2

Roman Reigns beating Cody Rhodes for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship to retain the reminds me of Kazuchika Okada defending the IWGP Heavyweight Championship vs. Tetsuya Naito at NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12. You have a history making run going up against a hot face expecting a title change.

• Like 1

Brock/Omos was actually kind of fun while it lasted with Brock selling a good bit and bumping around for Omos. Kind of wish they gave it a few more minutes and built into something interesting instead of the predictable suplex city/F-5 formula.

The women's 4-way tag was fine but forgettable.

Gunther vs. Sheamus vs. Drew was a fucking war that I loved from beginning to end. Even Titus on commentary was fun and added to it with how hard these guys were going amazing him. 

Asuka/Bianca was good stuff as expected. Dug Bianca's entrance with the dance troupe. 

Was sorry to see Shane hurt impressed by Miz and Snoop's improvisation. 

Edge/Balor was fine,. The match never really stood much of a chance after the previous title matches before it. 

Roman/Cody was fantastic. Loved how it built up and the overbooking was done generally well. Only thing I didn't love was the result. Not really sure how I feel about that. Thought Cody was winning for sure and kind of didn't want him to only for the match drag me into being a believer. I don't think we wait another year for Reigns to drop the belt so it feels weird to see him retain here. Cruious to see who eventually takes it. I'm honestly good with Cody, Sami, or even Jey.

Good show overall but not great as good as Night 1 mostly due to Night 1 being better balanced. Roman/Cody and the IC title match were legit great, and Bianca/Asuka was pretty damn good. The quality and fun unfortunately dropped a lot with the other half of the show. Nothing straight up terrible but nothing super fun either. 

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Octopus said:

It’s the Classic WWE move of killing what’s hot to see if it has the potential to stay hot. It’ll obviously be fine and likely the next/continued story will be interesting but I really don’t feel like it pays off to be invested in following along. 

Exactly. This is also why lately the only WWE match I watch each year is the Mania main event (as long as I can stream it somewhere/watch it at my brother's house). It's exciting seeing if Roman will lose or not but when he wins it just makes me not want to follow again until next year's Mania when the stakes are back up. 

• Like 3