DVDVR Message Board

WrestleZAYNia XXXIX - 4/1 & 4/2/2023

Dolfan in NYC

23 hours ago, LF2 said:

I’d say at 37 night 2 was better. I’d take Asuka/Rhea and the Triple Threat over any two matches from night one. Then again I find the main event of night 1 overrated as it was 100% clear who was winning and the performers didn’t even try to hide it. At least with night 2 I thought there was a Chan e of Edge or Bryan going over (especially as Roman’s streak wasn’t really a thing yet).

13 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Agreed with Natty on Night 1's being the best the last two years.  I got Bianca-Sasha as the best match at WM37,  I'd hear an argument for Roman vs. Bryan vs. Edge but Night 2 was only a one match show.  Night 1 had a very good Lashley-McIntyre brawl and a very good Rollins vs. Cesaro match as well and just flowed better.  

WrestleMania 38 isn't even close.  Night 1 had Austin and other cool shit.   Night 2 was a lot of comedy spots and Roman vs. Lesnar for the 467th time. 

I'm with you, Niners.

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 10:17 AM, The Natural said:

My top 20 WrestleMania matches:

20. The Rock vs. Steve Austin. WWE WrestleMania XIX.

19. Edge and Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz. WWF WrestleMania X-Seven.

18. Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H. WWE WrestleMania XXX.

17. Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair. WWF WrestleMania VIII.

16. Shawn Michaels vs. Ric Flair. WWE WrestleMania XXIV.

15. Bianca Belair vs. Sasha Banks. WWE WrestleMania XXXVII.

14. The Undertaker vs. Triple H. WWE WrestleMania XXVIII.

13. The Undertaker vs. Batista. WWE WrestleMania 23.

12. Steve Austin vs. The Rock. WWF WrestleMania X-Seven.

11. The Undertaker vs. Edge. WWE WrestleMania XXIV.

10. The Ultimate Warrior vs. Randy Savage. WWF WrestleMania VII.

9. Bret Hart vs. Roddy Piper. WWF WrestleMania VIII.

8. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. WWE WrestleMania XXVI. *****.

7. Razor Ramon vs. Shawn Michaels. WWF WrestleMania X. *****.

6. Daniel Bryan vs. Randy Orton vs. Batista. WWE WrestleMania XXX. *****.

5. Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns. WWE WrestleMania XXXI. *****.

4. Ricky Steamboat vs. Randy Savage. WWF WrestleMania III. *****.

3. The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels. WWE WrestleMania XXV. *****.

2. Owen Hart vs. Bret Hart. WWF WrestleMania X. *****.

1. Bret Hart vs. Steve Austin. WWF WrestleMania 13. *****.

Out of curiosity what did you rate Triple H vs Daniel Bryan? As someone that thought that match was the better match of Bryan’s two Mania 30 matches I’m curious. I loved the outcome of the Main, but it was super obvious once Bryan ate the RKO/Batista Bomb. Plus I thought that match went to hell until Bryan returned. 

I am going to assume that Johnny Knoxville hasn't watched a lick of WWE in the last year because if not then either he is looking for another match or worked himself into a shoot.

Never thought I would see the day where Kool in the Gang would be the official theme song of anything in 2023 but not complaining. 

Edited by hammerva

Fatal Fourway tag match was a trainwreck and I wouldn't be surprised if they called an audible due to guys getting hurt for their spots (that superplex into a powerbomb with a Ricochet crossbody looks especially hurty).

Logan Paul ripped off Shawn Michaels' entrance and didn't get much of a reaction. Ouch. And Seth Rollins wears an outfit that looks like Bret Hart meets The Fifth Element.

Edited by Andrew POE!
  • Haha 1

Rey vs Dominik was a fine Rey vs. Eddie Guerrero match....could have done without the interference though. Probably Dominik's best match (although he needs to go to NXT and refine/better his abilities though).

Michael Cole seemingly strangely mad during the match at Corey Graves and then apologized afterwards (weird).

Wait we can comment during the shows now?  

Personally I am glad that Cole called Corey out for his bullshit shtick.   If this would have been Corey and that wimpy British guy doing this match it would have been nothing but bad jail jokes for 10 minutes with the other guy barely talking.  

• Like 1

Another fantastic WM Night 1.

Rey/Dom was pro wrestling as SHIT. From the recap video to the entrances to the family drama to the action in the ring to stable wars to celebrity bullshit and a happy ending, this one was full of ALL the good shit that works in 1983, 2003 or 2023.

I know most will say 2-3 other matches from this same show were better, but this is my MOTY right now. So, so good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

things I remember from Night 1:

the ending of Cena/Theory was just sorta there, like they realized "Cena can't win the belt tonight" but they didn't really see any way to make the ending elevate Theory

nice spotfest four way tag match

Logan Paul fits into the Seth Rollins match mold

Womens trios match was just sorta there

Cinnamon Toast Crunch is the official cereal of fathers beating up their punk kids

Rhea and Charlotte were killing it tonight

Pat McAfee shows up to work a match with The Miz in the slot that used to be the "5 minute Diva match" slot years ago

Fun main event where the forces of evil are defeated

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

On a side note, let's talk about the boyhood dream coming true.

DAN BARRY HAS MADE IT TO WRESTLEMANIA 😉  😆

Frontman Jah-C was the other cop at the front, not sure who the rest were

• Like 1