DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/9/2022

The Natural

My thoughts had gotten wiped a few days ago but they're pretty straightforward:

• I liked the Sammy vs Bryan singles match and my hope is that they don't try to go to the mat too much for this second one unless it's Danielson stretching Sammy out of spite. It should be a lot of counters, a lot of rope running, a lot of big set piece spots, as both press each other to the limit. That's not the Danielson match I want with everyone but that's the heel Sammy/face Danielson match I want. If the roles were reversed then Danielson taking out his hatred of social media on Sammy's face would be more in play.
  • 8 man tag is all about the big moment of whether or not FTR will do the scissor gimmick or not. Milk it for when it matters most and have grumpy Dax give in to the feeling after the hot tag. We don't get a ton of 8 man tags in AEW (some Dark/Elevation Factory/Dark Order/Wingmen stuff aside) so this should be fun. 
  • Obviously I'm the high vote for Skye vs Hayter. I just hope it gets enough time to be competitive and they throw fists/forearms/feet. 
  • I haven't seen everything Kingston did in the 2010s but I did see the Ethan Page AIW feud for the most part (which was pretty good in a "Here is where Ethan Page becomes a man" sort of way, but then falls off after he does become a man due to some chicanery and gimmick goofery with a heel manager). I love how they worked the history into the promo. I think we all know that Eddie loses his cool and gets DQed, right? The journey should be good though. I hope Eddie has a direction for the PPV. I had thought it'd be Pac but who knows now.
  • Like 5

Another week of watching in a hotel room, this time in Little Rock (headed there for a conference). I’m most excited about Hayter-Skye, they meshed really well together last week and I think if they’re given some time it’s going to make Hayter look like a bigger star while elevating Skye in defeat.

Edited by JLowe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Matt D said:

My thoughts had gotten wiped a few days ago but they're pretty straightforward:

• Obviously I'm the high vote for Skye vs Hayter. I just hope it gets enough time to be competitive and they throw fists/forearms/feet.

Thought of you, @Matt D:

FhFm4dtXgAEIQBo?format=png&name=small

Official from AEW.

• Like 2

I wouldn't mind seeing Skye Blue get 'murdered' in there tonight. Fuego-style with just wee bit of hope! I like the choice of a decisive victory for Jamie Hayter tonight, but a competitive match is fine too. 8 man will no doubt be a lot of fun. Danielson-Guevara to further work towards silencing those that forgot how good Sammy is. I expect Ethan Page-Eddie Kingston to be good (with the boobirds coming alive on the decision), but I want it to be something special that really puts Ethan Page on the map. Or does he have that next gear? Sort of a kinda of a make or break for Page.

Quality 'Road To' this week!

Edited by HarryArchieGus

53 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Skye Blue get 'murdered' in there tonight. Fuego-style with just wee bit of hope! I like the choice of a decisive victory for Jamie Hayter tonight, but a competitive match is fine too. 8 man will no doubt be a lot of fun. Danielson-Guevara to further work towards silencing those that forgot how good Sammy is. I expect Ethan Page-Eddie Kingston to be good (with the boobirds coming alive on the decision), but I want it to be something special that really puts Ethan Page on the map. Or does he have that next gear? Sort of a kinda of a make or break for Page. Quality 'Road To' this week!

Having watched Ethan Page in Impact I don’t think he has a next gear. I still think Khan hired the more annoying, and less skilled half of The North (and Josh Alexander’s great 2022 seems to suggest that as well).

Alexander was clearly the worker, but Page has been a lot of fun at times in AEW. The Darby feud was terrific. His heel angry Dad mic work during the Conti/Melo-Guevarra debacle will go unremember by some and celebrated by others. I didn't see that much of 'All Ego' in Impact, but I saw enough to know he had potential. It was Cody Rhodes name dropping him that led me there. Further back than Impact, seems a lot of unfavourable opinions were formed of Ethan Page's indy work as well. I'd say at 33 years old (looked it up) he's hitting a peak point, but we'll see? Maybe he's better suited in tag teams? I didn't see a lot of the North but I liked there dynamic. I liked the Men of the Year dynamic as well.  

Dark is awesome this week!  Athena has been acting like she's pissed off and unprofessional in every YouTube match recently and it is awesome. Ortiz and Kingston are teaming up regularly on YouTube and it is exactly what you'd hope for. Storm & Shida vs Emi & Mei ths week! Main event this week is Claudio & Yuta vs Bononi & Nemeth. Best of all, PRETTY PETER VS BRANDON CUTLER! FINALLY! And it is amazing. Both guys bump like crazy. I don't wanna build it up too much, but Avalon vs Cutler was a hundred million times better than Austin vs Bret at WM13. Too bad for Danielson and Garcia that they are up against a force of nature in DEAN'S POLL this week. Saraya and DMD and the Jarrett promo were pure Burger King bullshit. The reward for getting through that was Dump Truck and Dragon, though. So: Worth it. So worth it. Who was the first wrestler to get scissored?

Spoiler

Arn Anderson

Speaking of which, AEW should call him "Daddy Glock" to see if he can get over.

Spoiler

Finger bang me, Daddy Glock! 👉👈

Samoa Joe is become, is become, is becoming

Spoiler

Joe-das in, Joe-das in my mind!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2