DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 11/9/2022

The Natural

5 hours ago, zendragon said:

Always liked Jarrett just never as the focal point of a promotion so if he works a couple of matches then fades into his backstage role Im cool with that

He used the term "Banana Nose " on a National wrestling broadcast in 2022 lol.  As long as he isn't trading the AEW title all year then I could care less how much he's on TV. He probably could work circles around the guys his age that's been collecting Saudi money for years and he still has the best working punches in the game

• Like 1

Huge discovery! Equalizer mode: KARAOKE! Drops out commentary to a squeak level but retains the audience and action. 

Great to see the Gunns with a strong showing in the opener. I'd love more FTR v Swerve and Big Keith! But I’ll take an FTR v Gunns go-around. Amusingly bad spot in the opener with Caster clearly and poorly getting into a position of being leaned over in place for Big Keith to powerbomb Bowens on him. Ugh! The MJF promo was fucking excellent! Dig the podcast setting - I’m surprised I haven’t seen that before, or don't recall. Ethan Page v Eddie Kingston bout was on point. Eddie seemed to be making Page at every step – true Kingston fans will celebrate him in loss here. Page’s version of the Razor’s Edge has always looked brutal, and near deadly here. That was a highlight finish - thank you Eddie! Roosh Bag was a fun finish to this odd Dark Order/Jose-Rush promo. The 'compelling' 10-Rush/Jose courting angle is ready to wrapped up aond concluded. I’m a Trustbuster fan, but didn’t find the Ari Davari-Wardlow offer compelling television in the least. I loved Joe whacking big Wardy up side the head. Hobbs being out there felt like it stole a bit of thunder from the turn. Not that I don’t love seeing big Puh-Puh-Puh-Powerhouse! I’ll take a 3 way, I guess. Britt Baker was fucking awesome in that talk segment. I kinda forgot how capable the Doctor is on the mic. I feel the same Doc! I’ve never seen Saraya wrestle and I have some doubts. Nonetheless, I find myself interested in a Saraya-Baker match at the PPV. I wish for safety. Trent and Jay Lethal are both so consistently great! Might as well run that back with Rappongi/Best Friends v Jarrett/Lethal, yeah? Dutt’s enthusiasm and great introduction for Jarrett were the highlights of the post match. I'm having a good time with the Last Outlaw. I hope the crowd’s love for the Jungle Boy is never-ending. Big Jack’s okay in my books! Oh jeez, Renee is so great. Moxley too. Both he and MJF talked some ppl into the next PPV. I love a Jamie Hayter showcase! More of these please! The fact that somebody wants Alex Marvez on TV, at his poor acting level and ability, seems to suggest he's a really great guy behind the scenes. I said Goddamn-Goddamn Danielson-Guevara was just wonderful! As Dean mentioned the commercial break heeling by Guevera was outstanding. And the Best heat of the night. What a brutal piece of business there. Art! AEfuckinDUB delivering to my delight!

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Yeah, try that during Raw, Smackdown or NXT and hear nothing but the static they call "crowd reaction". 

Ha, right!?! I often wonder who is responsible for that legacy of poor sound effects? Dunn, yeah? WWE commentary doesn't distract me, in fact it does what it's suppose to - adds to the action. No shade to Excalibur who is fine on play by play, but Taz is so hit and miss for me, and his insistence on comedy during the commercial breaks takes me right out. So too Schiavone with his unnecessary thoughts and oversells. I feel the need to add that Schiavone is great with the Interviews. 

9 hours ago, The Natural said:

Bryan Danielson vs Sammy Guevara: ****.5

Tay Melo was so terrific and the 'secret star'. Tay has really gotten comfortable in the current role, and seemt to get better and better every week. Excellent ejection spot.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 3