DVDVR Message Board

November 2022 Wrestling Discussion

51 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I can't see CM Punk back in AEW. I'd be very shocked.

Did you expect to see Bret working for Vince again after the double-cross? Pro-wrestling has taught me there's no such word as "never", OED be damned.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Anyone else not feeling AEW or WWE right now?   RAW has a staleness now again..   AEW feels really directionless.   Bloodline and Zayn are entertaining i suppose 

411Mania just posted ticket figures for upcoming AEW and WWE shows, and outside of Pay Per Views, they're both averaging 2000-4000 per show

Both brands lost all their goodwill - I think HHH has a chance to regain it, but Vince dismantled a ton of what he had in place over the last year and it's going to take a lot of time

AEW Dynamite in Chicago next week only has around 5000 tickets out - I wouldn't put it past Tony to have Punk show up at the PPV to goose tickets for Chicago

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

411Mania just posted ticket figures for upcoming AEW and WWE shows, and outside of Pay Per Views, they're both averaging 2000-4000 per show

Both brands lost all their goodwill - I think HHH has a chance to regain it, but Vince dismantled a ton of what he had in place over the last year and it's going to take a lot of time

AEW Dynamite in Chicago next week only has around 5000 tickets out - I wouldn't put it past Tony to have Punk show up at the PPV to goose tickets for Chicago

Well Meltzer claimed (or whomever does his daily updates did) that the Raw I attended recently was in the low 4,000 range. Literally every ticket except for one section of the upper deck was sold and filled. It’s a 9,000 seat arena. So clearly someone’s math was off.

6 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Well Meltzer claimed (or whomever does his daily updates did) that the Raw I attended recently was in the low 4,000 range. Literally every ticket except for one section of the upper deck was sold and filled. It’s a 9,000 seat arena. So clearly someone’s math was off.

Comps, bruh - even AEW at this point has seat fillers at every televised event

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Comps, bruh - even AEW at this point has seat fillers at every televised event

Paid bruh. I checked Ticketmaster thirty minutes before I left (so an hour and a half before the show) and there were only ten seats left in my section and they all sold. 

Plus using your logic you’re claiming they had over 4,000 seat fillers and nobody does that.

4 minutes ago, LF2 said:

Paid bruh. I checked Ticketmaster thirty minutes before I left (so an hour and a half before the show) and there were only ten seats left in my section and they all sold.

Comps are distributed ahead of time - you won't be able to see on Ticketmaster what seats are sold and which were comped

And the hard camera side wasn't tarped off for a RAW in 2022?

It would be extremely disappointing if Tony does business with Punk again, and I'd be super shocked and upset if he was on the show tomorrow. I'm done with the guy and I have a bad taste in my mouth from the guy. Give his spot to someone else.

I still enjoy AEW a lot, and the workrate is superb, IMO. I watch Rampage and Dynamite live and FF through Dark and Elevation when I get time. Tony has his issues as a booker but who doesn't, booking 104 shows a year for TV. Things won't be perfect and he's probably burning out. WWE does nothing for me but I recognize it's gotten slightly better since Vince left but that is a given.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

Plus using your logic you’re claiming they had over 4,000 seat fillers and nobody does that.

Which show did you attend?

Local ‘deathmatch’ wrestler jailed after drugs were found, police report

HUNTINGDON COUNTY, Pa. (WTAJ)– A local independent wrestler is behind bars after state police said they found over 20 grams of drugs in a vehicle.

On Thursday, Barry Leach, 59, and Brandon Graver, most notably known as wrestling superstar G-Raver, were both found slouched inside a car along Hares Valley Road, state police in Huntingdon County said.

According to troopers, Graver was found ‘nodding off’ in the driver seat of a 2007 Chevy Equinox and admitted that he even snorted 10 bags of heroin. After he was given Narcan, he was taken into custody and police found meth in his pants pocket.

When Leach, who was sitting in the passenger seat, also got out of the car police saw possible heroin in baggies on the seat and took him into custody after finding paraphernalia on him.

Graver was taken to the hospital for a blood draw, and the car was taken back to the police station to be searched. Police found over 25 grams of possible meth, marijuana, other heroin packets, shrooms, Alprazolam along with paraphernalia and $181 cash.

Graver and Leach both face felony manufacture, deliver, or possession with intent to manufacture or deliver, along with other misdemeanor charges.

The pair are currently lodged in Huntingdon County Prison with bail set for Leach listed at $50,000 and Graver at $75,000. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 30.

Edited by Dolphman 3000
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

Slowly increasing an interest in what HHH is doing after not watching for the past 3 years.

Slowly declining on AEW. This week was the first time I've been home to watch Dynamite live and chose to watch something else. A show full of Jeff Jarrett, Jay Lethal, Ethan Page and Penta does nothing for me.

I've sporadically watched WWE past three years. You can tell the difference since Triple H has taken over. The secondary titles particularly. Those mean something again. The Bloodline is great.

I still like my AEW but this is the worst booked its ever been. The wrestling in the ring has mostly overcome it. 100% with you on those names especially Jarrett, Lethal and Pentagon. Ugh.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, notoriusvig said:

It would be extremely disappointing if Tony does business with Punk again, and I'd be super shocked and upset if he was on the show tomorrow. I'm done with the guy and I have a bad taste in my mouth from the guy. Give his spot to someone else.

I still enjoy AEW a lot, and the workrate is superb, IMO. I watch Rampage and Dynamite live and FF through Dark and Elevation when I get time. Tony has his issues as a booker but who doesn't, booking 104 shows a year for TV. Things won't be perfect and he's probably burning out. WWE does nothing for me but I recognize it's gotten slightly better since Vince left but that is a given.

Punk is in Tunica, MS (about an hour and half drive from my hometown) getting roasted by of all people John Morgan, who seems to be emboldened enough to do it cause Punk already officially lost a fight to another MMA journalist.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 Months ago AEW was on top on the world.

Somehow they've managed to lose their way right as WWE have become as interesting as they've been in 5+ years.

I don't know if Hunter has Tony spooked or if it's all just happenstance but AEW need to pull something out to steady the shit.

Bringing in ROH and half the 2006 TNA roster hasn't helped in any way.

• Like 2

If I'm being fair to them, everything they've built up in the past few months has fallen in a heap.

MJF/Punk, Kenny vs Cole, Christian vs Jungle Boy, Andrade vs 10, Page/Young Bucks Reunion, Miro/House of Black, Rosa/Toni, injuries and suspensions have prevented BCC/JAS/Kingston crew storylines from being finalized.

If thats your PPV tomorrow, take my money. Instead its this weird thing they've cobbled together on the fly for better or worse.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dolphman 3000 said:

Comps are distributed ahead of time - you won't be able to see on Ticketmaster what seats are sold and which were comped

And the hard camera side wasn't tarped off for a RAW in 2022?

I know how they distribute comps. I meant all the tickets that were listed as remaining that day ended up sold or filled by show time. Which considering the crowd when I got to the arena I’m guessing the line went around the building and into part of the parking lot.

No the hard came side (surprisingly) wasn’t taped off. Just a little bit of the upper deck. 

11 hours ago, Infinit said:

Which show did you attend?

Wilkes-Barre November 7th. It was the third tv show I’d attended this year, and it was at least 90-95% sold. Actually the Smackdown I attended there back in May was too. The only 100% sellout I’ve been to this year was Smackdown in Hershey with Brock appearing. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

If I'm being fair to them, everything they've built up in the past few months has fallen in a heap.

MJF/Punk, Kenny vs Cole, Christian vs Jungle Boy, Andrade vs 10, Page/Young Bucks Reunion, Miro/House of Black, Rosa/Toni, injuries and suspensions have prevented BCC/JAS/Kingston crew storylines from being finalized.

If thats your PPV tomorrow, take my money. Instead its this weird thing they've cobbled together on the fly for better or worse.

I'm trying to come up with an ending to this show that would make people want to tune in Wed and see what's next.  Surely the answer is Big Cass or Ethan Page

2 hours ago, LF2 said:

Wilkes-Barre November 7th. It was the third tv show I’d attended this year, and it was at least 90-95% sold. Actually the Smackdown I attended there back in May was too. The only 100% sellout I’ve been to this year was Smackdown in Hershey with Brock appearing. 

This is probably where they got the ticket from. Usually they are pretty accurate.

So you were 100% spot on regarding it being a 95% sellout but a little off on ticket sales. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GuerrillaMonsoon said:

I get that part of it but let's look at a few things here..  

When BCC was formed with Moxley and Bryan it had buzz but what did they actually do with it? War Games "Blood and Guts" was the only memorable thing i can think of out of the whole alliance. Jericho's crew sucks..  Hager sucks. Guevara sucks. Jericho himself is stale. Danny Garcia is boring as hell. They had the BCC feuding with these dopes for months. Completely killed the buzz. 

Ricky Starks and Powerhouse Hobbs had some buzz but then you don't see them on TV for weeks at a time. 

Same thing with Wardlow. He had some buzz, but why do they have him fighting literal jobbers on Rampage and shit for weeks after he won that TNT belt? No follow up from the MJF win. 

Speaking of MJF.. not really sure tweener or babyface is the way to go. Maybe it's a ruse but that stable The Firm?  Also sucks... only the manager Stokely has some personality. 

Miro disappears for weeks. Jade Cargill spends most of her time on Rampage while Toni Storm is ice cold. Jade and The Baddies could be more culturally relevant than they are. Jade was just on The Breakfast Club. Why is she always on Rampage. 

The Ring of Honor shit has also flopped. Nobody is caring about any of that. 

The only thing they've capitalized on is The Acclaimed. I was worried Tony would blow that too. 

There's injuries and suspensions but there's also outright terrible booking. 

You can't push Danny Garcia and Wheeler Yuta over Powerhouse Hobbs and other talent that were just sitting around with nothing to do. 

Those dry ass "wrestlers' wrestlers" might work for PWG but this is a national promotion. Act like it. 

• Like 4