DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/16/2022

So AEW Revolution:

AEW World Championship: Page vs. Cole.

Danielson vs. Moxley.

AEW Women's Championship: Baker vs. Rosa or do we get Baker/Rebel vs. Rosa/Mercedes so Baker/Rosa happens at Double or Nothing which is where Baker won the belt last year?

TNT Championship: Guevara vs. Allin vs. Andrade.

Dog Collar Match: Punk vs. MJF.

Kingston vs. Jericho.

Only interest I have in the main event is just hoping Page retains as Cole doesn't do anything for me. Rest of the card is great. A birthday treat, well technically it goes out on the 7th but you know what I mean.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 6

I really love how even though Moriarty/Danielson was maybe half of what they could really do in an epic it was still a really goddamn great match.  Such a cool-ass story about Bryan goading Lee to get violent throughout.  And while Lee brought it it was obvious that a trip to the dark side would be great to take him to the next level.  Good thing they didn't have Mox say yes or no yet and I honestly don't know what he'll say.  I'm leaning towards no so they can have a helluva match at Revolution.  But at some point him saying yes would rule so much (post-match, perhaps?)

Oh, yeah, the rest of the show?  Really, really fucking great!  Everything delivered from Punk getting back to killer promos to Sammy/Darby who I can't get tired of watching together.  And Rosa with the Kill Bill vibe was aces.  Martin Kove's involvement could be seen as corny but "Cobra Kai" rules and I had no problem with him saying lines while Britt and Crew did their thing.

Oh, and for those keeping score only mentions of Cody were related to the dog collar match and TNT title match.  Plus Malakai referred to his kingdom while having a Nightmare keychain.  As for the crowd all I'll say is I adored the "A winner is you!" sign and if my Rampage sign for Sonic led to the "Remaster Sonic Colors" sign then please accept our apologies.

• Like 7

Just now, The Natural said:

So AEW Revolution:

AEW World Championship: Page vs. Cole.

Danielson vs. Moxley.

AEW Women's Championship: Baker vs. Rosa or do we get Baker/Rebel vs. Rosa/Mercedes so Baker/Rosa happens at Double or Nothing which is where Baker won the belt?

TNT Championship: Guevara vs. Allin vs. Andrade.

Dog Collar Match: Punk vs. MJF.

Kingston vs. Jericho.

Only interest I have in the main event is just hoping Page retains as Cole doesn't do anything for me. Rest of the card is great. A birthday treat, well technically it goes out on the 7th but you know what I mean.

Tag title match, which might be JE vs Bucks vs ReDragon

Maybe PAC vs Black one vs one finally

Definitely don't kick the can down the road on Baker-Rosa, it's time

• Like 2

You say you want a Revolution? Well. All right: How does Dragon vs Mox, Painmaker vs Mad King, Hangm'n vs Bay Bay, Punk vs MJF dog collar chain match sound? Maybe Bux vs Redragon (or a 3-way for the tag titles)? Sammy Darby Sting vs Andrade Matt and X? Britt and Hayter vs German Car and Stormy Weather? 

Geez, I dunno. Any of that sound good to you?

Too many awesome things this week. A partial list:

If you were in the live crowd, you got Punk promo -> Bryan match -> Mox promo. How much fun would that be?

Makes sense that they kept brining up Piper now. @Ryan Faulconer called it!

That crowd was pretty f'n great all show long.

Bryan and Moriarty both definitely own BattleArts tapes.

Nice Tiger Mask Sayama shout-out by Ex, too!

Dog collar chain match!!

Powerbomb Symphony, that's life yeah...

Spears being oblivious to Wardlow's growing fury is pretty damned funny

Cobra Kai, Bay Bay!

Tony get the hell out of my ring ?

The other Adam! Ooooohhhhh!!

KOR sighting!

10 on a Rampage!

Jericho, Santana, and Hager all looking like they are on the Gordlow Diet! Announcer shouted out Jericho (Skee-a-vone) and Sanatana (Good ole) but ignored the hawtness of lean Hager.

That cannonball counter into the tamer!! Then later that tope -> cutter counter!!

Oh, you had a baby...?

Which way are you gonna go, Cole? ?

That Kill Bill gear! ? 

Not be distasteful, but legit athletic ladies are way sexier than fancy diva ladies, in my opinion.

That scream in the crowd on the Rosa vs Mercedes finish was straight outa Fire Pro!!

That fucking elbow drop straight to the face! Yikes! And that spider German! ?

Speaking of ?: Some of Darby's bumps were sick even by "some of Darby's bumps" standards. 

Sammy limping into the finish almost made up for the interference.

It would almost be easier to list the things that were not awesome...

I think I've already made myself abundantly clear w/r/t how I feel about professional wrestling.

images_wrestling_events_njpw_summer-nigh

Moreso every week. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Tag title match, which might be JE vs Bucks vs ReDragon

Maybe PAC vs Black one vs one finally

Definitely don't kick the can down the road on Baker-Rosa, it's time

Good shouts. Agree that it's Rosa's time.

3 minutes ago, DEAN said:

Was that House of Black thing a hint that someone else was joining them?  I guess Julia Hart finally?  Or Killer Kross or somebody?

He said history, right? Sadly then yeah it's probably Buddy. Damn it. Unless it's Michael Dante of course lol. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Only interest I have in the main event is just hoping Page retains as Cole doesn't do anything for me. Rest of the card is great.

I'm wondering if Punk vs MJF actually gets the main event slot. Probably not, but Adam Cole is definitely a weaksauce challenger.

• Like 1

Two separate battle royals is even goofier than the dynamite ring finish where they hold off on the last two for a singles match the next week. 

Great crowd btw. That was the best in a while and felt like a pre pandemic or early crowds are back kinda show. Elevated a lot of stuff tonight. Wardog was huge over. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, tbarrie said:

I'm wondering if Punk vs MJF actually gets the main event slot. Probably not, but Adam Cole is definitely a weaksauce challenger.

Think Britt vs. Rosa would sooner get that slot. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, The Natural said:

AEW Women's Championship: Baker vs. Rosa or do we get Baker/Rebel vs. Rosa/Mercedes so Baker/Rosa happens at Double or Nothing which is where Baker won the belt last year?

I feel like either works, if you pull the trigger on Rosa now then you have Team Brit explode and Rebel and Hayter and Mercedes can keep Brit busy for the next couple of months 

• Like 2