DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/16/2022

Great show. I think Danielson told Moriarty "just wrestle like me, it'll be great". The women's match had two Tributes to Tenryu (Spider German and shitty elbowdrop) and the tag match was some solid workrate stuff; Eddie vs. Jericho as two over the hill dudes beating on each other will rule. Plus we got a Tracy Smothers pop, Adam Cole's spraytan hands, and 

SHUT UP FRANK 

• Like 7

Another great episode, a few random thoughts

Bryan and Lee was very good but Lee needs to learn how to strike more convincingly

Angle development with PunkMJF and Mox/Danielson was terrific and made so much sense

Keith Lee is corny and Adam Cole is a theatre kid poisoned by WWE preferred verbiage

The kid in the front row dressed as Darby was the best part of the show,  their responses during the main event amped up a great match and their anger and explaining their anger to their dad was hilarious at the end. The entire reason I am posting

• Like 5

A back-to-back Punk Promo With Purpose -> Bryan Danielson vs. Unproven Workrate Prodigy is a hell of a way to keep the ball rolling. The Dog Collar thing is perfect. I could hear Prince Nana shouting JIMMY RAVE~ in my mind's ear. I want Danielson to murder SHOTA UMINO on live TV if Mox spurns him.

Warlow's old knee-in-the-corner thing was cute. Wardlow's powerbomb-a-dude-a-thousand-times thing is big league. Chew it.

And yeah, there's the LAX you paid for. It's Santana, man! He's comes across noticeably intelligent & professional so far, always knowing what role he's supposed to play, and tonight with the spotlight on him he looks to be in great physical and mental shape, everything he did jumped off the page for me. And I gotta give some props to Hager, who had been cutting some sneaky good promos months ago and seemed really dialed in tonight.

Best Adam Cole segment in awhile. I don't think there's anyone I run more hot-and-cold with than him, I just hope we can get through the Page match while he's on the hot side of things.

Love the brawls. Love Plunder Rosa. KILL BILL GET BRITT. I want these two to hate each other forever. Multiple title switches, apuestas matches, a run as an awkward tag team in five years, cashing checks running it back on the indies in twenty.

Darby is like, really actually all-the-way super over and Sammy isn't too far behind. Every Pillar vs. Pillar match looks like... well, I'm not gonna make the obvious comparison but they certainly treat all their meetings like life-and-death affairs. Gonna make a killer double green-box 8 hour Maxell VHS comp one of these days. Given the success of Sammy's vlog and the departure of Cody, I think AEW needs to start grooming Sammy as a "crossover guy". Good think they're skinnier lads, they're gonna need to share the ice bath after that one...

This might have been the most consistent segment-to-segment Dynamite ever.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Missed the opening promo but everything after that was good to great. Danielson and Mox are going to beat the piss outta each other and team up so we get the best of both worlds. Moriarty could definitely use some tips from Danielson in regards to laying it in. Only thing I didn't like was Santana and Ortiz's big moment being immediately overshadowed by Jericho and Kingston. Even when they're trying to get out of Jericho's shadow it still happens.

Thunder and Martinez was a li'l sloppy but very dangerous and neat. The post match was way better than the jericho one because now we get to a tag and hopefully singles matches. 

Main event was fire and while I doubt they do two triple threat title matches I would love Darby vs. Sammy vs. Andrade at Revolution. 

Edited by Jiji
  • Like 2

kinda impressive consistency that every match went through at least one break?

we got a Punk/MJF rematch announced in a less climatic way than one would think?

we got celebrities (someone had to mention Melissa Joan Hart being a Nashville resident in case we needed an explanation.... also, Kove is a Nashville resident but that wasn't noted)

Chris Jericho continues to snuggle up to the warmth of Eddie Kingston

The dude with signs had to bring out his Adam Cole sign during the Britt appearance because yeah sure

Sammy and Darby might go from trying to kill each other and themselves to teaming up to deal with Andrade?

also because being an AEW champion means you sometimes don't get interesting angles, the Tag champs will defend against the winners of two tag team battle royals

Danielson did violence and inspired that douchebag to put his sign down for periods of time

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Cole's spraytan hands

This shit has got to stop. I couldn't focus on the talking because his hand was so ridiculous. No more self spray tans ffs. Between MJF and Cole... My God. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

What a great fucking episode.  This week Jericho puts over the younger generation.  I wish Jake Hagar would wrestle more.  He's awesome.  Lee Moriarty looked fucking great against Danielson.  I loved that it built up to the moment where Moriarty looks him in the eyes.  That's good wrestling.  The main event was fucking great until the screwy finish.  It looked like Darby was going to win it.  I am very excited about Andrade versus Sammy.  I like how they got around to setting it up by having Darby wrestle Sammy.  The Martinez/Thunder Rosa was good despite EVERYTHING working against them.  Baker/Hayter vs Thunder Rosa/Meercedes Martinez is like number 5 in the awesome matches set up by tonight.  YAY!  AEW RULES~! 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

Danielson did violence and inspired that douchebag to put his sign down for periods of time

See, I don't think Moriarty's striking looked that bad since Danielson is just the king of stiff when he wants to be. Part of the story was "you can't out-stiff me" so he couldn't do that in the match. 

And those two sign guys up front needed to get some of that stiffness, btw. The Old Yeller sign should have been ripped up and spit on by Bryan, just for never going away.

• Like 8

3 minutes ago, DEAN said:

What a great fucking episode.  This week Jericho puts over the younger generation.  I wish Jake Hagar would wrestle more.  He's awesome.  Lee Moriarty looked fucking great against Danielson.  I loved that it built up to the moment where Moriarty looks him in the eyes.  That's good wrestling.  The main event was fucking great until the screwy finish.  It looked like Darby was going to win it.  I am very excited about Andrade versus Sammy.  I like how they got around to setting it up by having Darby wrestle Sammy.  The Martinez/Thunder Rosa was good despite EVERYTHING working against them.  Baker/Hayter vs Thunder Rosa/Meercedes Martinez is like number 5 in the awesome matches set up by tonight.  YAY!  AEW RULES~! 

As always the truth.  But please, who is AEW's best wrestler?