DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/16/2022

1 minute ago, Sammo~! said:

Also for the love of God have Christian turn on Jurassic Express at the PPV and cost them the title, then spin Jungle Boy off into a singles feud vs Christian and give him a big signature win over a legend. 

This. Looking on cagematch, Christian Cage hasn't wrestled since the 29th of December 2021 Rampage. That's too long for a talent like Cage.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Think Britt vs. Rosa would sooner get that slot. 

Good suggestion. It's long past time the women main evented an AEW PPV, and Rosa ending Britt's reign is clearly a bigger match than Hangman vs a nothing challenger.

Of course, I'm hoping the Cole match does go last, so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. AEW PPVs have a great track record, but even the best have been longer than optimal in my opinion.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I'm wondering if Punk vs MJF actually gets the main event slot. Probably not, but Adam Cole is definitely a weaksauce challenger.

Cole was red hot and a believable threat until he dropped a needless fall to Orange.  Cole-Hangman would be a welcome addition to any weekly television broadcast.  As a PPV contender perhaps he is a 'Weaksauce challenger', but that's if a title switch in question is the goal here.  If the goal is an excellent bout the sauce is dense and tasty.  Further, he's clearly still over like rover.  Tonight's talk segment was strong, but I would like to see them find a way to make me believe he could win.

50 minutes ago, Sammo~! said:

Also for the love of God have Christian turn on Jurassic Express at the PPV and cost them the title, then spin Jungle Boy off into a singles feud vs Christian and give him a big signature win over a legend. 

Absolutely.  With all the great teams this company has they have a tendency to crown teams that are not their best.  Jurassix have been fine, and it's nice and all for Jungle Jack to wear some gold, but enough already.  LAX are hot.  FTR are absolutely incredible.  And the Bucks can't not have consistently the best matches of their opponent's careers.  

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Good suggestion. It's long past time the women main evented an AEW PPV, and Rosa ending Britt's reign is clearly a bigger match than Hangman vs a nothing challenger.

Of course, I'm hoping the Cole match does go last, so I can get to bed at a reasonable hour. AEW PPVs have a great track record, but even the best have been longer than optimal in my opinion.

I agree with all this.

I was working during the first hour so I missed pretty much all the Picture in Picture stuff, looking forward to catching up with that and giving undivided attention when I get home on Friday.

Not a whole lot to add really, best top to bottom show I can recall, the only thing I didn’t like was Bowens getting powerbombed so quickly, was kind of hoping they’d do something to set up Acclaimed vs. Wardlow and Spears.

Considering the limited number of weapons shots, that Rosa-Mercedes match was brutal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a spider German suplex before and Bah Gawd she just broke her in half! Don’t recall a crucifix bomb before either and that move was as dope as Eddie’s Liquid Swords shirt. Also, as an old, I immediately thought Rosa was dressed like Bruce Lee before I remembered Kill Bill. I’m going to have a hard time deciding between an Acclaimed shirt and a Rosa shirt.

Sammy and Darby just one-upping each other on wild painful looking moves. More please. I really wanted Darby to win, but glad to see the, working on something for Sammy away from the IC implosion (which was a solid match and yay for P&P).

Hager is maybe too lean and also was wrestling in boxer briefs so he looked more goofy than tough. I really liked when he was just lighting into Ortiz(?) yelling Why Why Why.

Think I’ll be breaking down and buying this PPV.

• Like 7

Great show. Hot start with an excellent Punk promo to perfectly set up the Dog Collar Match. Amazing bringing up the old MJF meeting Punk picture. Liked the Inner Circle tag. Moxley/Bryan having a bloody brawl sounds like fun. Thought Jericho looked noticeably thinner and was glad to see Hager in action again. Loved the huge pop for Jericho's counter in to the Walls. Was hoping Thunder/Mercedes would get more time but still good stuff and they did a lot with the time given. I mark out for Sensei Kreese involvement, he should just pop up like that from time to time.  Thought Jay White came off very well in his vignette, less so for the House of Black one as Buddy Murphy does nothing for me. Super solid main event. Sammy's missed swanton to the apron was brutal.  Fun chaotic closing

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, EVA said:

Unless my ears deceive me, I feel like every AEW live crowd vehemently disagrees with the notion that Cole is a weak challenger.

They don’t. Dude is as over as anyone else in the company, regardless of what some in the DVDVR bizzaro world wish were true. 

• Like 6

There was a lot of dope shit on this show. A lot. It felt like TK was saying "it's gonna be ok, campers."

That Punk thing was goodness. Took me a minute to make the Valentine connection. MJF not having any words like Papa Doc at the end of 8 Mile was dope.

O'Reilly & Fish are just the two most boring human beings in existence. I'm not convinced there's any way to present them that makes them interesting. And again, I have no idea why there's such an obsession with building your program around guys who's brains you beat in for two years. There's a reason people didn't watch nXt 1.0. You have way too many homegrown stars to waste so much time on Adam Cole and his charisma free buddies.

Moriarty/Danielson ruled very much ass. The Mox promo was dope, too.

The whole women's thing ruled. Fear does not exist in this dojo.

Great main event. Feels like Andrade is next in line for the TNT Title. Go Andrade for a while, then Keith Lee, then Mathews or Malakai Black, then Jungle Boy. 

Good ass show. Cut back on the sawed off dorks from the USA network and it's perfect...

Edited by just drew
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DEAN said:

Was that House of Black thing a hint that someone else was joining them?  I guess Julia Hart finally?  Or Killer Kross or somebody?

It sure looked as is something was coming out of the darkness at the end of the promo, there!

And I'll tell you this right now, if it's Buddy Matthews and it leads to Buddy vs PAC in the near future, I will cancel WWE Network for a month at Wrestlemania time as a token of my appreciation!

Edited by Shartnado
A pledge
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

BE MY VALENTINE.

God...that was such an incredible line in a FIRE promo ???

Came here to post that.

Knew where he was going with the dog collar match once he name dropped Piper, but didn't see him cleverly working Piper's opponent into it like that.  Awesome

Hopefully Greg shows up in the crowd like he did last time

d580193c8259d156-600x338.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

So AEW Revolution:

AEW World Championship: Page vs. Cole.

Danielson vs. Moxley.

AEW Women's Championship: Baker vs. Rosa or do we get Baker/Rebel vs. Rosa/Mercedes so Baker/Rosa happens at Double or Nothing which is where Baker won the belt last year?

TNT Championship: Guevara vs. Allin vs. Andrade.

Dog Collar Match: Punk vs. MJF.

Kingston vs. Jericho.

Only interest I have in the main event is just hoping Page retains as Cole doesn't do anything for me. Rest of the card is great. A birthday treat, well technically it goes out on the 7th but you know what I mean.

7 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Tag title match, which might be JE vs Bucks vs ReDragon

Maybe PAC vs Black one vs one finally

Definitely don't kick the can down the road on Baker-Rosa, it's time

We forgot the Face of the Revolution Ladder Match and now confirmation of a three way tag team match for the AEW World Tag Team Championship.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Kingston may be best on the mic in AEW (nice to see him back) but Punk is right up there. Dog collar match will have me bloody smiling from ear to ear ?

Moriarty v Danielson was a joy, main was good and I had a thought of Darby/Moriarty v Danielson/Guevara being a fun tag somewhere down the line. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Channeling my Meek Mahon for a second, Keith Lee really gives me Jonathan Coachman vibes in tone. 

Would love for reDRagon and Bucks to cancel each other out, and Santana/Ortiz and FTR face JE at the PPV with a reDRagon/Bucks match to settle their differences.

CM Punks subtle jab at Malakai Black for "sitting like I do" has me jacked up for an interaction between the two, which could eventually lead to a darker more aggressive Punk out of this. 

Where does Scorpio Sky go after his cousin leaves for Titan towers?

Speaking of Titan, Caster had a pseudo diss converging NFL Titans with Cody Rhodes, although I assume it is too soon. 

The face off between Keith Lee and Wardlow will be tremendous.

So, the face of the revolution match is for a shot at the TnT title or for the title? 

Edited by ChrisPBacon
  • Like 2