DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 2/16/2022

Finally! Dynamite! Comes back! To Nashville!

TNT TITLE MATCH: Sammy Guevara(c) vs. Darby Allin

Oh hell yeah! Yes, please. If you aren't looking forward to this, maybe modern pro wrestling just isn't for you. Hot damn, what a great match-up.

Hopefully they won't get too much into the AHFO and Inner Circle stuff during the match itself, and just let these two young studs go. 

FACE OF THE REVOLUTION QUALIFYING MATCH: Wardlow vs. Max Caster

POWERBOMB PARTAAAYYY!!! 

Also probably some MJF-related angle advancement. 

Perhaps, also, since it's MJF-related: PUNK CALLING HIS SHOT.

ONE-ON-ONE: “The American Dragon” Bryan Danielson vs. "Taiga Style" Lee Moriarty

Oh hell yeah! Yes, please. If you aren't looking forward to this, maybe modern pro wrestling just isn't for you. Hot damn, what a great match-up. I absolutely don't care that Bryan winning is a foregone conclusion, I can't wait to watch this. 

NO DISQUALIFICATION: Mercedes Martinez vs. Thunder Rosa

Oh hell yeah etc. etc. Dang. There is shaping up to be a lot of very good pro wrestling going on here. Gonna be some stiff shots thrown here, in particular, in this match.

Hopefully everyone is motivated to try and steal the show. 

THE INNER CIRCLE IMPLODES: Chris Jericho & Jake Hager vs. Santana & Ortiz

They are gonna put the TNT Title match on last, right? This'll be good. I'm not hating... but Sammy vs Darby, Dragon vs Taiga, and Thunder vs Precision-Engineered Luxury are all going to be very tough to top. 

Have I mentioned that I love pro wrestling? Cuz: I do.

Edited by Gordlow
I'm not hating
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The GOAT back in action, Bryan Danielson for the first time since losing to Adam Page in my 2022 MOTY I gave *****.

Be interesting to see the stipulation and location Punk picks. Latter is surely Revolution...and don't call me Shirley ?. Former, Steel Cage seems likely.

This will probably be unpopular...I can't warm to Sammy Guevara as TNT Champion, he's the worst champion in the belt's history. I wanted Eddie Kingston to end Miro's reign. Sammy works better as a heel.

I wouldn't be surprised if barbed wire or thumbtacks are used in Thunder Rosa vs. Mercedes Martinez. Need to limit the use of Street Fight/Texas Death Match/Lights Out matches as all three are similar and the more they're done, sometimes it means less. That too might be an unpopular POV.

Still love me my AEW.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Looking good, @Gordlow in the new avatar. Mask and pose pulled reminds me of Bane and that's a good thing as a big Batman fanboy. Best wishes, bud.

No one cared who I was... Until I put on the mask.

Theatricality and deception are powerful agents to the uninitiated. Oh, but we are initiated, aren't we, mr @The Natural?

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan.

Edited by Gordlow
weapons -> agents
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
13 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This will probably be unpopular...I can't warm to Sammy Guevara as TNT Champion, he's the worst champion in the belt's history. I wanted Eddie Kingston to end Miro's reign. Sammy works better as a heel. 

I like Sammy and while that switch makes sense Eddie is so so good on the mic that it's a Piper/Dusty thing of not needing a belt imo. Wouldn't mind Starks or Miro again as TV champ. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

2 minutes ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

I like Sammy and while that switch makes sense Eddie is so so good on the mic that it's a Piper/Dusty thing of not needing a belt imo. Wouldn't mind Starks or Miro again as TV champ. 

I hope Eddie Kingston gets a reign at some point with gold. The blessing Eddie has is that people still love him and he can afford a loss here and there with his gift of the gab...but he can't be losing too many as he usually does.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gordlow said:

No one cared who I was... Until I put on the mask.

Theatricality and deception are powerful weapons to the uninitiated. Oh, but we are initiated, aren't we, mr @The Natural?

It doesn't matter who we are. What matters is our plan.

@Gordlow: Thank you my friend. We are initiated. Proud to be with you and y'all!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

I know the discussion's been all about Cody in the other thread.  But I'm really curious to see what chants or signs end up on the show related to him.  I know he has his fans but the detractors in the crowd can be quite vicious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know the discussion's been all about Cody in the other thread.  But I'm really curious to see what chants or signs end up on the show related to him.  I know he has his fans but the detractors in the crowd can be quite vicious.

Great point my friend. I'd like to think Cody Rhodes will get a good reception with thank you chants and the like for what he's done in AEW.

• Like 1

Though maybe the plan was always to put the belt back on Sammy, Cody staying or no, it's interesting how he's gone from having a short reign to being a two-time champion. Doesn't feel like Darbs is winning here, though hard to imagine Sammy going over clean either.

The Cody leaving thing also puts new light on Jericho. Tone did choose to exercise the option on him, and one suspects he'll want his matches.....but one also suspects Jericho might be at Wrestlemania next year, and I think we're all fine with that. But can he reinvent himself one more time?

• Like 1

Max Caster has been working an angle on twitter for months about how he’s in love with MJF, and now he’s wrestling Wardlow. Could be interesting.

Hopefully Cody's exit means Sammy will be using just the one belt moving forward. Ive learned that although I love a nice two belt title, I apparently don't when they're the same one.

Always nice to have a card where 2-3 matches could be legitimate show stealers. Obviously hyped for Danielson's return (when guys like him, Sting, or Christian don't get in there for a while, I compulsively worry they're done).

I might be more excited for the ladies' match than anything else. Rosa's L.O. with Britt was one of my favorite matches of last year, let's see if she can make lightning strike twice.

• Like 4

I have a feeling that Punk will choose a dog collar match against MJF.  He has had two in ROH against Raven and Jimmy Rave, respectively.

There is also the Piper references in this feud.  Piper’s most famous match before WWF was the dog collar match against Greg Valentine at the Grandaddy of them All, Starrcade ‘83.

I really wanted Britt to embrace her inner Megumi Kudo and do a Electrified No Rope Barbed Wire Timed Bomb Deathmatch for the blowoff against Rosa.  It seems like the rumours they will do a steel cage match. interference has been an issue that the wicked huge AEW cage would ideally prevent.  I don’t think they will do a cage dive like every other AEW cage match.

They would have a shot at vindication over last year’s exploding pffft anti-climax.  They need outdoor venues to do that kind of match though.  

Britt embracing her inner Megumi Kudo sounds like something completely unrelated to exploding barbed wire matches.  I will choose my words more wisely.. maybe.

Edited by Ryan Faulconer
  • Like 7

What's Darby's last really big singles victory? The coffin match? He's lost his last couple very high profile matches (vs Punk, MJF). Might be time for a win here, even though Sammy just won it back. Pump up his TNT title run numbers in pursuit of erasing, err, someone from the record book. Regardless, he almost assuredly has a big win vs Andrade coming up.

Could go either way. Big match. TNT title >>>>>>>> world title. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 1