DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/5/2021 - Cody vs QT Edition!

Yeah, what was with the cameramen fixating on guys pulling their blades out of their tape?  At least maintain some sort of illusion. lol   Jericho too on top of the cage.

Thought the climactic bump/scene looked a little lame but it's the ending of a big AEW show so that's to be expected. ?

Edited by Peck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Having heard its Kenny Omega vs. the winner of PAC/Orange Cassidy at Double or Nothing 3, that's an underwhelming PPV main event unlike Blood & Guts. I'd have preferred that there and you'd get no adverts.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

Man, I don’t care how gimmicked the stage was, I don’t see too many other 50 year olds taking nutty bumps like that, so I will not stand for any Jericho slander in this thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Our Blood Tally was (I believe) 6/10. 

Sammy

both of FTR (Cash killed it) 

Jericho

MJeff

Spears

Match was great until the crash pad... and in between the fucking commercials. There were a couple moments of people really eating shit, Sammy flying off the rope to nowhere and Hager slipping about, not to mention Santana falling under the ring not once but twice. I love that shit though. Hager really came off as a beast here. I joked in the chat that the next one will be AEW High Incident. Maybe Spears could be the one to fall through the tables. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4

Great match!  Tons of blood, awesome spots, tremendous psychology, right team went over.  Not much more you could ask for.

I also think that the baby face beatdown of the heel team went on a bit too long, but that's water under the bridge.

Padded stage or no, Jericho is fucking nuts for taking that bump.  That's like my old ass jumping off the roof of my house.  God bless that crazy bastard and fuck the haters.  The finish was perfectly fine.

Rest of the card was acceptable and next week's show looks great on paper.  RIP Darby Allin.  You got a belt, so you got a problem, kid.  MIRO IS COMING FOR YOU~!

I damn near passed out when they announced Mox vs. Nagata.  HOLY SHIT~!

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Got that old timey feeling. Almost didn't know what it was. But I reached deep back in memory and... it's genuine excitement for a weekly wrestling show. Love it. Can't wait to see how it plays out. Would love if this did a monster number. I know we shouldn't be consumed with ratings and the nuts and bolts like that. But it's an instant gratification of other people enjoying what you enjoy. No idea how they will go with the finish. But my $.02 American says let Wardlow murder everyone to the point Jericho is scared Sammy is going to die and he gives up to save Sammy's life. Of coarse after it's over Wardlow still murder deaths Sammy.

No matter how it plays out, just happy to be legitimately excited about a wrestling show again.

2 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Noticed something about the photo. Don't look here until after the show ends...

Reveal hidden contents

Clearly someone is taking a bump off the cage. There's like 50 empty boxes on the stage that they will setup as a safe platform to land on. Kinda wish I didn't look at the pic now. But oh well. Still hyped!

ETA: Oh shit there also appears to be a gimmicked hole in the bottom right of the ring on the right.

Credit where credit is due. You pretty much called it. 

I thought the finish played as pretty damned Sports Entertainment-y and the commercial breaks drove me nuts, but that was still one hell of a match that had me legit marking out a bunch of times.

Next week looks insane. Mox v Blue Justice. Miro v Darby. Bux v SCU. Damn.

• Like 3

6396617.jpg?419

Inner Circle in the prison jumpsuits reminded me of Team Hulkamanias going Guerrilla Warfare agains the Dungeon of Doom. Really loved the match, good creative finish. I really wasn't expecting a Pinnacle victory. Loved Sammy as fiery white meat baby-face, kids a star now he gets to avenge his mentor ku fu movie style.

Only problem was too many big spots (Tully opening the door, FTR tearing up the mat, Spears taking off the turn buckle) ended up in picture in picture. Not sure if that was intentional to get people to keep watching during the breaks but I didn't like it.

Edited by zendragon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, For Great Justice said:

We need to start the Darby/Miro hype thread RIGHT NOW, daddeh. Do you book it like Cena/Brock at Summerslam? You do, right? Like, there’s NO WAY Darby is gonna pull this one out. Right? 

He's gonna snap Darby like a toothpick. In.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Having heard its Kenny Omega vs. the winner of PAC/Orange Cassidy at Double or Nothing 3, that's an underwhelming PPV main event unlike Blood & Guts. I'd have preferred that there and you'd get no adverts.

Pretty sure Stadium Stampede will be the main event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Octopus said:

I hope Jericho vs MJF will culminate in a scaffold match. 

Well if the trend in AEW finishes continues, will they fall in one of those pools of foam objects that you see in indoor parks

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

Well if the trend in AEW finishes continues, will they fall in one of those pools of foam objects that you see in indoor parks

They could call it the over-inflated ego match. 

(Not an insult, based on gimmicks)

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

As crazy as the Blood & Guts match was Darby's bump down the stairs must be acknowledged because that was a stupid, stupid bump.

Hence the stip in the Miro match which may or may not have telegraphed the finish.

Edited by J.T.

12 minutes ago, The Natural said:

How did you HAVE adverts? I didn't have any. Ad-free on Fite. And it ain't on telly until Friday.