Jump to content
DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling.


Recommended Posts

So, I have now seen the Ric Flair Car Shield commercial during airings of: 

WWE 

Impact

AEW

ROH

Dark Side of the Ring

Has anyone seen it on MLW or Championship Wrestling from Hollywood yet? I might've seen it on either but forgot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Move aside Bryan hype: Salina de la Renta is done with MLW.

This is why you don't cross El Jefe, or his Believers.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Move aside Bryan hype: Salina de la Renta is done with MLW.

Get her to replace Abrahantes in AEW. Salina doing the “Penta says” gimmick would be incredible.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

So, I have now seen the Ric Flair Car Shield commercial during airings of: 

WWE 

Impact

AEW

ROH

Dark Side of the Ring

Has anyone seen it on MLW or Championship Wrestling from Hollywood yet? I might've seen it on either but forgot. 

Mini-rant incoming: YouTube TV strikes again! No more ROH or CWFH for me, I guess they dropped the channel they aired on without me noticing. This is in addition to losing YES, so no Yankee games again this year. But hey, we finally got BET and Nickelodeon after never once asking for it, so at least I'm getting Martin reruns and toy commercials for the $30 price increase! Insanely frustrating.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Infinit said:

I get it, but it kinda sucks. I hope wherever she goes next, she is used as great as she was in MLW.

She's been doing shots managing in a D/FW area federation called SWE Fury...managing Bloodhunter (Hannibal the Youtube interviewer under a mask)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, The Great ML said:

She's been doing shots managing in a D/FW area federation called SWE Fury...managing Bloodhunter (Hannibal the Youtube interviewer under a mask)

I checked her Instagram and saw that she also films "custom matches". Girl's gotta hustle, I guess lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Great ML said:

She's been doing shots managing in a D/FW area federation called SWE Fury...managing Bloodhunter (Hannibal the Youtube interviewer under a mask)

And now that's over, as SWE abruptly fired Hannibal after someone in management (falsely) accused him of trying to secretly create his own Texas indy behind their back. Completely bizarre.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, DreamBroken said:

And now that's over, as SWE abruptly fired Hannibal after someone in management (falsely) accused him of trying to secretly create his own Texas indy behind their back. Completely bizarre.

Oh wow!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

the Ric Flair CarShield ad is somehow one of the sadder things during a Wrestling documentary season involving lots of sadness.

CarShield will have to get Ashley Schaeffer after that Dark Side "Plane Ride From Hell" episode airs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

All the Bryan talk, I think he'll end up back in the WWE. But he will just float around on RAW and NXT and NXT UK. I bet they would build up Cesaro getting his title match and Roman being all "if you can beat me, Bryan can come back". Personally I hope that doesn't happen. I would love to see him make a tour of the Indy's facing whoever he wants. But we forget his wife is a WWE Lifer so I would imagine her input ways heavily on him.

Though Brian doing a world tour would make for a fun plot on Total Bella's. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Jericho was the same way, but then he and Owens did all that great build towards their title match at Mania, and... Owens dropped the belt to Goldberg for no reason and their planned main event went on second. So he accepted that Vince didn't rate him any more, and left.

I feel like everyone remembers this whole stretch different than I do. The festival of friendship was great as was the list shtick... but Owens's title reign was bad and Jericho was involved in much of it. It was basically a less severe version of "Kurt and Austin are funny together but this isn't a good idea when they are the top two heels" and while I don't think I needed Goldberg to hold the belt at that time him winning it off of Owens was basically a mercy killing. Then again Goldberg's match at Mania was better than theirs (which wasn't anything more than fine, them in a top spot would have likely underwhelmed) so perhaps he did need to hold the belt.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

the Ric Flair CarShield ad is somehow one of the sadder things during a Wrestling documentary season involving lots of sadness.

I don't know if I would consider it that sad.  Maybe because I remember him doing commercials for the lottery at a time when he was really in bad shape.   It is sad that at his age he needs to be do this because if he would have saved 5% of his money he would be have fine.  But that doesn't make Flair a Flair 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Robert s said:

There is a Danielson vs. Nakajima match that happened in 2008 ROH (Glory by Honor). There even was a NOAH house show match Danielson & Roderick Strong vs. Nakajima & Miyahara. Obviously, all are different wrestlers now, but still.

Danielson vs. Hiromu Takahashi please.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Not really sure what was the ultimate cause.  Some of blaming AEW.  Some are saying there are these Youtube bots that caused enough of a stir that made it go down.

Hope it comes back.   

Here's hoping it does and get well soon. I've had food poisoning and it sucks.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a little funny that when it went down AEW was almost immediately blamed for it.  Mostly un-deserved.  While AEW is extremely popular it is also recognized that AEW has some of the most thin skinned people in the business right now who would do shit like this.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

the Ric Flair CarShield ad is somehow one of the sadder things during a Wrestling documentary season involving lots of sadness.

Is it a money thing?  I mean, he probably needs the money, but it also seems exactly the sort of low-rent thing an aging minor celebrity who doesn't want to give up the spotlight would sign on for.  I think I joked last time this came up that, if there's ever a sequel to the Wrestler, Randy the Ram should try to land a CarShield gig.  

I like Ric as a performer, but I think I know too much about him.  I try not to be judgmental about how other people live, but... kids.  If you want to be the Nature Boy 24/7 and live and die that way, fine, but maybe not have kids and a wife if you're not intending to be home to spend time with them.

Whenever Ric's 30 for 30 documentary comes up, I flash back to Ric bragging that he slept with 100,000 women and wonder what Charlotte and David thought when they saw that bit.  Of course, they lived it, so it presumably wasn't news to them.  I mean, unless I want to hurt my kids, I can't imagine why I would ever admit to something lie that, much less brag about it on tv.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, hammerva said:

It is a little funny that when it went down AEW was almost immediately blamed for it.  Mostly un-deserved.  While AEW is extremely popular it is also recognized that AEW has some of the most thin skinned people in the business right now who would do shit like this.  

I agree on them being thin-skinned about stuff like this.  I hope that as time goes on they'll thicken but who knows.

I do think that if his YT channel is down then he can always just link it to the other platforms.  I was surprised that he had it up without issue in the first place as his full-screen videos were normally taken down over the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maffew was never exclusively on Youtube so I don't see why he can't keep doing Dailymotion and Vimeo (or even putting it on Xvideos like he was too). This shouldn't be the be-all end-all for Botchamania, unless he's just tired of the fight, which I would understand. But damn if it's gone... that's definitely a light on life extinguished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Mini-rant incoming: YouTube TV strikes again! No more ROH or CWFH for me, I guess they dropped the channel they aired on without me noticing. This is in addition to losing YES, so no Yankee games again this year. But hey, we finally got BET and Nickelodeon after never once asking for it, so at least I'm getting Martin reruns and toy commercials for the $30 price increase! Insanely frustrating.

Is there anything on YouTubeTV that you need that you wouldn't get on Sling?  It's cheaper and I definitely get ROH on Stadium.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...