DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Ya, I'm fine with ending that story the way it did with the wedding.

Ya know, the more I think about it, the more I kinda want to give props to Nordholm for telling the Hardys to F off-- they want a big money deal, full creative control, and full control/money of outside bookings? Seems like a tad much. 

They fumbled the negotions and it should have been handled beforehand but at least he stood his ground and basically told them to "go to WWE then". He's a financial guy and I'll take that over Dixie carter. 

There's no excuse for the fact that it was all last minute though. That's typically TNA bullshit but I'm hoping that a business guy like him will nip it in the bud.

I guess their argument would be they already have low viewership, and those are hardcore fans that are staying regardless, so it may be better to invest in new talent and hope to build up someone than pay the Hardys a ton of money when they have probably already reached their peak in popularity without really impacting the show's ratings on a consistent basis. As long a they are on Pop there is really no reason for them to pay any one wrestler a lot of money as they have a definite ceiling that nothing will help them with.

I am sure TNA did want to keep them, but it probably just wasn't worth the money based on the what extra money they bring into the promotion (if any). Exposure on social media is great but it only goes so far.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I guess their argument would be they already have low viewership, and those are hardcore fans that are staying regardless, so it may be better to invest in new talent

Though you just know it's going to be "We know who that is! Jose Del Arroyo is here!"

(Why yes I did just google to see what "Creek" is in Spanish, as well as looking up Del Rio's real first name!)

• Like 1

The thing is, they need some "star power"-- so they're gonna have to get a mysterio or ryback type.

I look at this from a sports perspective. If they can get rid of two stars in their 40's, making a ton of money, who have peaked, and in return maybe get one decent name and 3/4 talented young guys, its a wash/minor win. 

If Corgan was stil around, a big selling point would be that you can go to TNA to rehabilitate your career. Look at what they've done for guys like Drew, EC3, Drake, the Hardys (giving them the creative freedom). With Jarrett, I'm not sure that's a selling point anymore. 

Their "star power" is going to be Jeff Jarrett

It is gonna end up being exactly what he wanted to do with Global but couldn't because they weren't on TV.

Have very few guys under contract.

Partner with other promotions to use their talent in limited basis and fill in the rest with indy guys looking for "exposure" who will work on a per date deal

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

It is gonna end up being exactly what he wanted to do with Global but couldn't because they weren't on TV.

Have very few guys under contract.

Partner with other promotions to use their talent in limited basis and fill in the rest with indy guys looking for "exposure" who will work on a per date deal

That would be unfortunate.

It does seem like he's created the perfect environment for that though. Having lost the only star power they had, he has the perfect excuse to put himself back on tv now.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I'm glad you put that shit in quotes.  I can almost see you making the quote mark motions with your fingers as I read along.

Jeff was the "star power" before and that did not turn out so well.  Those who do not learn from history...

3 minutes ago, Ace said:

Jade's out too.

I am looking forward to the debut of Courtney Rush in NXT..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Somebody needs to save Rosemary, Eddie Kingston, EC3, Eli Drake, and The Wolves from the Jarrett shitstorm. They all deserve better. I don't hate Davey Richards like a good chunk of the board does.

I like Davey.  He is like the friend who tries too hard to be cool, and all your other friends don't like him for it, but you know deep down he means no harm and just wants to be accepted.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Pro Wrestling Sheet says Bruce Prichard is on his way back, in both a backstage advisor role and on-screen role.

Are they actively trying to kill Impact Wrestling before it's even relaunched?!  FFS what other batshit insane moves are they going to do?

Yes, I do have a slightly irrational dislike for Bruce, how could you tell?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

what other batshit insane moves are they going to do?

Does anyone know where Scott Hall or Kevin Nash are, these days? 'Cause, if the answer is "on a flight bound for Florida...."

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

Does anyone know where Scott Hall or Kevin Nash are, these days? 'Cause, if the answer is "on a flight bound for Florida...."

Hall I'd be cool with if he was backstage only.  He's got a helluva mind for the business and I'd be down with him helping wrestlers improve.

But pair him with Nash?  AW, HEEELLLLL NOOOO!!!