DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

15 hours ago, Thibs said:

Actually the fact that they're a public company and a bigger stage is precisely why they won't give them creative control. 

But anyway, Anthem shit the bed on this unfortunately.

That is what I said. It is easier to not have creative control in WWE. They pay more and provide a bigger stage. 

With TNA the money and exposure are worse  So creative fulfillment would need to be a part of the deal. 

The Hardys would probably be most valuable to WWE in NXT. It would be a big boost to them as a touring brand. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Horton Hears a Wooo!!! said:

True, but does Jeff even know how to work a match without cringe-inducing bumps?  Does he want to.  Jeff was taking dumb bumps on steel steps as recent as the Hardy feud that led to the Broken Matt character.  I feel like Matt could make a living off character work and extend his career for awhile.  Jeff?  Not sure.  I'm kinda amazed Jeff has held up for this long (he probably is too.  For that matter, Matt, Edge, and Christian are probably speechless at the thought).

Kinda agree that the Hardys would probably do big business in the WWE for a month or two, then becoming slowly irrelevant.  I cringe at the idea of the skits that would result from the WWE brain trust trying to write comedy bits for Broken Matt.  Ugh....   

Erm...Jeff took a power bomb on the steel steps in the last set of tapings in the Lashley match that aired on Feb. 2 and it might not even have been the worst/dumbest bump he took in the match (That honor goes to the pescado over the ropes where Lashley moved and Jeff just landed flat on the floor right on his tailbone).

5 hours ago, Victator said:

That is what I said. It is easier to not have creative control in WWE. They pay more and provide a bigger stage. 

With TNA the money and exposure are worse  So creative fulfillment would need to be a part of the deal. 

The Hardys would probably be most valuable to WWE in NXT. It would be a big boost to them as a touring brand. 

Gotcha, sorry, must've misread it.

• Like 1

Anthem making legal threats is hilarious. Like they could find (much less afford) someone who could last more than 5 minutes in court with Jerry McDivit without being eaten alive.

Per PWI - Miracle and Maria are also gone.

They were working on a per date deal since Nov 

Similar to the Hardys - they both had agreed to re-sign and then changed their minds

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Per PWI - Miracle and Maria are also gone.

They were working on a per date deal since Nov 

Similar to the Hardys - they both had agreed to re-sign and then changed their minds

Back to ROH?

4 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Back to ROH?

I can't handle a Kingdom vs. Kingdom feud.  I can barely tolerate the current Kingdom (One of them actually said "I'm gonna fart in your dog food" this past week!), much less two of them!

Sad to see TNA falling apart after 2016 was my second favorite year ever of TNA behind 2012. Wish we could've continued ahead with Impact led by Billy as it was instead.

Obviously the Hardys were the best act in the company and Drew is one of my all time favs who was a real highlight the past couple years. But I also thought Bennett and Maria added a lot to the show, even if they were sometimes on the show too much. Really enjoyed Bennett's last year in the ring, great heel for Impact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, caley said:

I can't handle a Kingdom vs. Kingdom feud.  I can barely tolerate the current Kingdom (One of them actually said "I'm gonna fart in your dog food" this past week!), much less two of them!

Melvin!!! ;-)

7 minutes ago, DreamBroken said:

Sad to see TNA falling apart after 2016 was my second favorite year ever of TNA behind 2012. Wish we could've continued ahead with Impact led by Billy as it was instead.

Obviously the Hardys were the best act in the company and Drew is one of my all time favs who was a real highlight the past couple years. But I also thought Bennett and Maria added a lot to the show, even if they were sometimes on the show too much. Really enjoyed Bennett's last year in the ring, great heel for Impact.

I wouldn't say they're falling apart-- business wise they're in a lot better shape with Anthem. 

I'm just not sold on Jarrett or Mantell. Anthem ownership with Corgan as head of creative would have been a better set up. 

7 hours ago, JohnnyJ said:

If I'm WWE I offer them full creative over a network special and see how it is received. Throw in a nxt headlining gig or a mania match.

I say go even further than that.  Instead of trying to figure out how to work the Broken Hardys onto Raw or Smackdown, make them their own seperate brand on the Network.  Give them an hour every week (broken up into seasons, ala Lucha Underground) where they exist in their own little universe on the Hardy compound.  Send guys from the main roster or NXT there for matches instead. Find a producer that understands the shtick to replace Borash ( if Jericho has the time, I bet he'd be great).  Keep Vince and Stephanie far, far away. 

• Like 3

Well I figure that Bennett and Maria will be in New Japan somehow given how incredibly obsessed they were pointed the camera at Maria butt crack.  Personally these are two departures that I can live with because they were in everything in multiple segments for too damn long.  They were TNA's version of the Authority with less talent. 

So does TNA have at least 15 guys and gals on their current roster?

You can't have a non-wrestling lawyer guy in charge of talent relations or this stuff will happen.  On one hand, TNA really has no business asking for a booking fee for a lot of the roster much less the Hardys or Galloway.  Maybe 1% if their belts are involved and their logos are going to be used on the advertising.  On the other hand, the Hardys ate up a ton of TV time the past year and it really only benefited them.

If Anthem's dropping the TNA name then they'll need new belts anyway.  I say let the Hardys keep them.  Try to work a deal with ROH.  Get the Hardys to drop them to the Young Bucks who'll drop them to the Briscoes and then do a unification match at BFG.  Put Dutch in a suit and make him the chairman of the Impact Wrestling championship committee or some bullshit.  Have him scoot out with a hot nurse carrying a bag.  "I'm sorry to announce there's been a horrible accident."  Then he opens the bag and dumps the remains of Vanguard-1 out onto the stage.  "Don't worry, nobody's hurt except this stupid robot thing but it's got no soul anyway."  Vanguard-1 blinks a couple of times and makes a sad noise before going dark.  "As you know, the Hardys have been neglecting their duties as Tag Team Champions of THE WORLD to become tag team champions of Mexico and the Mid-Atlantic and other little insignificant places.  They're probably in some backyard right now beating up some kids to become tag team champions of some suburb.  As you can see, their stupid teleportation robot blew up."  Vanguard-1 blinks and makes another sad noise.  "Shut up, robot.  Broken Matt told me it can be repaired with the "magic" of American dollars.  I said he can just get on a plane.  He refused cause he's NUTS!  As you can see, my body is broken from years of defending your freedom in the military and entertaining you people in the ring.  I didn't get no magic teleportin' robot to get me to the "Zone Of Impact" tonight.  I had to drive from Nashville to Atlanta during rush hour, wait in the dang longest line to get on a plane full of suspicious looking people who got let on through while I got felt up in places that haven't been touched since my honeymoon.  Then I got locked in a flying tube with those same suspicious looking people to fly here to Orlando where I had to wait in another godawful long line at the rental car place who couldn't find my reservation and barely even spoke English and then I had to pay a bunch of tolls to get here tonight to get booed by you people.  But do you hear me complaining?  The Hardys aren't World Tag Team Champions anymore.  Titles are vacant.  I'm getting new belts made.  They're going to be better looking than ever.  There's going to be a great tournament coming in the future to crown new Impact Wrestling World Tag Team Champions.  All you people can go to hell.  Nurse get me my medicine and get me out of here."

• Like 1

I sort of think the Hardys and Bennets leaving TNA make it more viable as some sort of business. What has it gotten them? They are on a shit network and the ratings are back to what they were. The word going around here awhile ago was commercials were like 400 bucks a minute. The do free house shows and have virtually no PPV.

How the fuck is this considered a viable company?

Does anyone really think the ratings will go down without the people who just left? Lower than 260,000 viewers?They might as well gut it and start all over. 

Having said that, they will reboot for the 20th time in company history and it will probably look and feel exactly the same as it always has. 

31 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well he should because without Maria nobody gives a fuck about him.  

U didn't like drunken Mike Bennett?? 

I stand corrected. It looks like Mike and maria might be gone. Oy.