DVDVR Message Board

2017 WHATEVER THE HELL USED TO BE TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

So they lost UK TV at the end of December. It's coming back to UK TV in April. Only it's a different promotion name, almost all of the titles have changed hands, all the main eventers have left and it's basically a different company.

Remember when Monty Brown was getting super over as TNA's top babyface, and loads of people thought Jarrett was a racist because he wouldn't put the belt on him? Because Lashley's pretty much the only credible Championship-type guy on the Impact roster now.

2 hours ago, AxB said:

So they lost UK TV at the end of December. It's coming back to UK TV in April. Only it's a different promotion name, almost all of the titles have changed hands, all the main eventers have left and it's basically a different company.

Remember when Monty Brown was getting super over as TNA's top babyface, and loads of people thought Jarrett was a racist because he wouldn't put the belt on him? Because Lashley's pretty much the only credible Championship-type guy on the Impact roster now.

I don't think that was racism.  Mostly just narcissism.

• Like 1

So Jarrett wasn't all that successful first go-around, leading to Dixie Carter, who made Jarrett look like a genius in comparison.

What kills me is this is professional wrestling, and you can't find anyone better to run your company than a guy who has tried and failed before? So instead of trying for something better, seeing if you can find someone with the next great new idea, you're willing to settle for someone who failed but not as much as the woman after him? So if Jarrett fails, do they bring Dixie back?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jstout said:

So Jarrett wasn't all that successful first go-around, leading to Dixie Carter, who made Jarrett look like a genius in comparison.

What kills me is this is professional wrestling, and you can't find anyone better to run your company than a guy who has tried and failed before? So instead of trying for something better, seeing if you can find someone with the next great new idea, you're willing to settle for someone who failed but not as much as the woman after him? So if Jarrett fails, do they bring Dixie back?

Especially when you had this guy right under your nose. 

Billy-Corgan.jpg

When TNA is not around anymore we're gonna miss times like this(a joke I know they will never die). 

How many times have they told us now that the show sucked but it's not going to anymore because of a regime change be it Hogan, Jarrett, Bischoff, Jarrett, Pritchard, Global force wrestling, the last guy, Jarrett, Russo, Jarrett, Dixie. 

The Corgan run was ok but the main event stuff sucked because they were just doing Aries/Sabin/Bryan Indy guy Cinderella story for the millionth time.

Also, fuck Bruce Pritchard. If you could combine the words stooge and mark together and put it in the dictionary his picture would be the definition. Can't wait for some more of his Vince cosplay on my tv again. 

6 hours ago, jstout said:

Not only this, but really is there nobody in this word that can't figure out a way to wrestling besides /cut promo/ /heel sneak attacks/ /match/? I know it's the tried and true method, but when you look at TNA and all the "reboots" and all of the "changes" it all ends up being the same shit, and it is not going anywhere. No chance. 

Something, anything different. How about combine Total Divas and reality TV and wrestling. Follow people around their lives, get them over like that and then have matches based on that. Develop your own talent that way, see who gets over. 

The current idea of just having a wrestling program is not going to accomplish anything. 

30 minutes ago, jstout said:

I'm not saying Corgan would've been better, I dunno. I still think it's silly to say "well, you failed at this before, but not as bad as the last one. You're hired."

Corgan would have been different and that's what they need. His upside is that he brings out of the box thinking while also having an understanding of what makes wrestling work. He's the ultimate non-wrestling wrestling guy. 

• Like 1

I agree with Thibs and I heard something similar on a podcast I listen to, like no other person was qualified? We have to have a retread? To put a football analogy to it there's no hot coordinator you could give a shot to?

A lot of what Corgan was doing may have been misses but at least he was doing things different, listening to other ideas, etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Zartan said:

Also, fuck Bruce Pritchard. If you could combine the words stooge and mark together and put it in the dictionary his picture would be the definition. Can't wait for some more of his Vince cosplay on my tv again. 

Mooge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kafkonia said:

I think it means Jeff Jarrett will be the AWE Impact Global World Heavyweight Grand Champion by the end of the year.

I'd say by the end of these sets of tapings.

• Like 1