DVDVR Message Board

NFL OFF FIELD ISSUES

RIPPA

Starting to sound like Oher has pissed away his NFL money. Guy wrote in his book he knew it was a conservatorship since it's what they had to do in Tennessee since he was an adult at the time and the NCAA was questioning the relationship.  And his biological mother was involved in the whole legal arrangement. And that was from the book he did in 2012

Edited by Serious Darius Bagfelt

The Tuohy's (publicity team) were all over the Today Show this morning, claiming the lawsuit is frivolous and in fact countering that he was holding them up for money ($15 million) before filing the suit.   But judging alone by them giving their kids royalties and not him....  yeah, I believe every word he says. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

The Tuohy's (publicity team) were all over the Today Show this morning, claiming the lawsuit is frivolous and in fact countering that he was holding them up for money ($15 million) before filing the suit.   But judging alone by them giving their kids royalties and not him....  yeah, I believe every word he says. 

IF that's what actually happened. 

Oher's story hasn't exactly been consistent over the years. 

As for Michael Lewis, I haven't read the book, but I've always heard it was a lot different from the movie. Is that not the case? 

36 minutes ago, Tabe said:

As for Michael Lewis, I haven't read the book, but I've always heard it was a lot different from the movie. Is that not the case? 

The movie is solely focused on Oher's story

The book spends a lot of time on Oher but then has chapters about other areas of O-line play looking at (at the time) the current NFL, etc... Like the entire first chapter is about Lawrence Taylor's dominance (and him shattering Theisman's leg) and thus the importance of a left tackle)

If you read Moneyball - the structure is very similar 

And then you add in making the story more Hollywood friendly

• Like 2

It should be noted that Michael Lewis was High School classmates with Dad Tuohy - so that is how they knew each other prior to the book being written

• Like 1

Studio claiming the movie made no profit is fully believable. One of the MIB writers occasionally puts on Twitter the statements he gets showing that the movie made X amount this year, bringing it to a total of Y, but the production and marketing has now cost Z so it's still in the red.

Didn't the Blindside also feature Jonathan Ogden substantially? I remember people saying what a break it was for Lewis and the book that Oher was essentially drafted to replace Ogden.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Infinit said:

Yeah it's really makes you wonder why they even bother making movies lol

Gotta admire the persistence in making 7 sequels and 3 spin-offs of Harry Potter when all eleven movies lost money. Truly they are in it for the art.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A woman has accused Dolphins CB Xavien Howard of secretly taping and distributing a sex tape of them.  

She was arrested when she went to his house and smashed up his car.  

He, through his lawyer, vehemently deny the claims and claim she's a stalker/extortionist. 

Michael Oher probably has a point.  In Tennessee,  the state that Oher was a legal resident,  you can adopt an adult. Moreover,  a conservatorship is only granted in the behalf of people with mental and/or physical disabilities, which doesn't apply to Oher.  So,  there is no legal reason the Tuohy family should have been conservators of Michael Oher. I was listening to LeBatard's show this week and Dominique Foxworth is filling in while Dan is out morning the loss of his brother. Foxworth was teammates with Oher when the movie was released and he said Oher told the team he appreciate if they didn't watch the movie,  because he felt like the movie was portraying him as stupid.  This feels like a long con, where everyone got paid but Michael Oher.

https://defector.com/the-tuohy-familys-side-of-the-story-has-a-giant-hole-at-the-center

• Like 2

3 hours ago, supremebve said:

Michael Oher probably has a point.  In Tennessee,  the state that Oher was a legal resident,  you can adopt an adult. Moreover,  a conservatorship is only granted in the behalf of people with mental and/or physical disabilities, which doesn't apply to Oher.  So,  there is no legal reason the Tuohy family should have been conservators of Michael Oher. I was listening to LeBatard's show this week and Dominique Foxworth is filling in while Dan is out morning the loss of his brother. Foxworth was teammates with Oher when the movie was released and he said Oher told the team he appreciate if they didn't watch the movie,  because he felt like the movie was portraying him as stupid.  This feels like a long con, where everyone got paid but Michael Oher.

https://defector.com/the-tuohy-familys-side-of-the-story-has-a-giant-hole-at-the-center

Wasn’t the biggest reason they did the conservatorship was to skirt NCAA recruiting rules? 

On 8/18/2023 at 5:45 PM, Mister TV said:

Wasn’t the biggest reason they did the conservatorship was to skirt NCAA recruiting rules? 

Yes, but I imagine that is irrelevant if you can just adopt him outright as an adult.  I can't imagine the NCAA punishing someone for receiving benefits from their legal parents.  

A warrant has been issued for Antonio Brown's arrest. He has missed $15000 in child support payments.  

Note, he can have the warrant purged for full payment, plus a $5000 fine. 

Jerry being Jerry: #Cowboys owner Jerry Jones on DE Sam Williams getting arrested for a second time: “This sounds a little hollow, but he is maturing. What was he going, 66 mph? ... That’s 32 mph less this year. 98 last year to 66, so that’s improvement.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This should come as a shock to many of you...  but allegedly Antonio Brown threatened players on his arena team with a gun while he was in the middle of heated argument about the team removing a social media post about a teammate who'd passed away. 

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Two thoughts:

1) Someone is 100% going to die horrifically before a Bills game and cause all tailgating to be banned at Rich before and after games.

2) EMT, and I cannot stress this enough, can never, ever be paid enough.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Two thoughts:

1) Someone is 100% going to die horrifically before a Bills game and cause all tailgating to be banned at Rich before and after games.

2) EMT, and I cannot stress this enough, can never, ever be paid enough.

There are no words. . . .LSD, cocaine and Marijuana? HST would be proud. . .