DVDVR Message Board

Games of Thrones Unsullied thread

elizium

Someone said this was the first cool thing Stannis has done but have we forgotten when he was first off the ship at Kings Landing and started dicing motherfuckers up on the front line?

Also, Cersei might be in over her head but she does have one thing on her side. HGH version 2.0 of The Mountain.

Shit, one more thing...  the way Snow looked at the Red Priestess. I think he's in love again.

Shit, one more thing...  the way Snow looked at the Red Priestess. I think he's in love again.

It's about time he stepped up in class (she's going to eat him whole and pick her teeth with his bones).

As for The Mountain...it would be pretty great if "the change" was that he was all sensitive and filled with regret.  He could move to L.A. and try to redeem himself by saving blondes from monsters.

Someone said this was the first cool thing Stannis has done but have we forgotten when he was first off the ship at Kings Landing and started dicing motherfuckers up on the front line?

Where he was the only dude in whole fleet who didn't wear a helmet and who was all but your grace, hundreds will die. No, thousands?

That shit was great.

I have increasingly felt as though fuck you and fuck the dragons you rode in on too, Stannis is the deserving one in this.

• Like 2

Random, probably really stupid question for book readers so tell me if it's a really stupid question but is Hodor a Clegane? I feel like it would be tremendous if he was.

Spoiler tagged for non book readers.

Hodor

You magnificent bastard.

Was anyone else worried a moment for Jaime during his scene with Cersei?  I was bracing myself for her to stab him all up and down just right then...she's just that mad at this point, I was thinking "She fucked with Tywin, now she's going to kill her brother and soon she'll be rid of every man in the family."

I was actually worried when he went to help Tyrion escape. After showing him having sex with Cersei I thought that maybe she had convinced him to set Tyrion up for something awful for some reason.

Thank god that didn't happen because Jamie is one of the few "heroes" left and his relationship with Tyrion one of the most touching and real one on the show.

The "hero" who shoved a child out of a window to continue fucking his king's wife behind his back, who, btw, is also his sister. 

The "hero" who shoved a child out of a window to continue fucking his king's wife behind his back, who, btw, is also his sister. 

Shades of grey man, shades of grey.

The guy can't help it, he love his redheads

• Like 1

I do feel as though Stannis sitting on the Iron Throne and Davos as Hand of the King spending about 5 minutes during an episode just introducing him as 102 different variations of Something of Something would be the greatest thing ever on this show.

Only if Davos stops in the middle of the intro to take a swig of water like he's Bobby Cruise introducing Steve Corino.

He's awesome when he listens to someone like Jon Snow instead of getting all pissy and doing the opposite just to prove who's boss...

Loved this.  Stannis wasn't about to listen to Jon Snow, but then he told him who his father was and it actually MEANT SOMETHING.  When you juxtapose that with the Cersie/Tywin scene it is such a poetic bit of storytelling

On the one hand you have the most powerful man in Westeros, Tywin Lannister.  His entire worldview is built around leaving a legacy.  He cares more about what the history books will say than what his children do behind closed doors.  He commands respect and power through cunning and will, but it's empty in a way because his children are bound to fail.

And then there is Ned.  Ned had no concern for legacy in that sense.  He wasn't worried about his place in history or the distant future.  He was foolish and simple and he died for it, yet his name and his honor still mean something.  In that way his legacy will be a great deal more powerful than Tywin's legacy.  The north will remember Ned Stark.  Stannis remembers.

• Like 1

I do feel as though Stannis sitting on the Iron Throne and Davos as Hand of the King spending about 5 minutes during an episode just introducing him as 102 different variations of Something of Something would be the greatest thing ever on this show.

Only if Davos stops in the middle of the intro to take a swig of water like he's Bobby Cruise introducing Steve Corino.

*swig of water for the working knight

• Like 6

You could pad half an episode with a meeting between Stannis and Dany.

Not to mention Davos and Jorah:

"Slaver. You?"

"Smuggler.  Does yours ignore your advice?"

"Usually, except this one time.  It was awesome.  Does yours abuse your love?"

"Oh. Don't get me started.  Sometimes just for sport."

"They don't see what's right in front of them.  I could help raise her dragons."

"I'm totally great with his kid."

"I'm the only one who never stopped believing."

"Dude, I could have that tattooed on my knuckles, if Stannis hadn't cut my fingers off."

"All that and she starts eyeing some sexy brunette."

"Mine's a redhead."

"You getting coffee for yours?  I'll walk with you."

"Stannis is a tea guy."

"Ponce."

• Like 2

Random, probably really stupid question for book readers so tell me if it's a really stupid question but is Hodor a Clegane? I feel like it would be tremendous if he was.

Actually, there's more of a chance he's secretly Brienne's distant cousin. Both are possibly/ probably descended from Ser Duncan the Tall. The Cleganes have only had surnames for two generations - Sandor and Gregor's grandfather was boss of the kennels at Casterly Rock and was raised to knighthood for saving Tywin's father from a Lion once.

When they were casting for season one, the final two they had in mind for Jon Snow were Kit Harington (who got it) and Iwan Rheon (who is Ramsey Bolton now). Meanwhile they actually offered Liam Cunningham (who plays Ser Davos now) the role of Ser Jorah Mormont (Lord Friendzone if you don't know names), but he turned it down because of a scheduling conflict, so they went with Iain Glen instead. If Cunningham had taken it, TV Jorah would be a lot more like Book Jorah... but I love how Iain Glen is playing it.

At the the end of 2013, Joe Dempsie (Gendry) tweeted a thank you list to everyone he'd worked with that year, and included Maisie Williams on it. Lots of people thought that meant he'd turn up in season 4 and meet Arya... but apparently he considers doing joint interviews with Maisie during season 3 as counting as working with her. A couple of weeks ago Charles Dance was doing an interview where he said he was off the start filming season 5 soon. Didn't mention he'd only have a few days work where he'd be playing a corpse.

When I was reading the books the first time, and Stannis showed up at the wall, my first reaction was "What's Tywin going to do about this?" and then I remembered he wasn't going to do anything, because he was dead. But it shows what a dominant character he was, that everything that happens in the world would be thought of in terms of his reaction to it.

EPISODE 10: THERE IS NO SAFETY YOU DUMB BITCH

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Season Finale time, and I'm excited because that means I don't have to watch this show for a fucking year. That's right. I'M EXCITED TO NOT WATCH THIS ANY MORE.

Cirian Hinds mutha fuckas. Once they realized Jon was there to kill Hinds, that scene between him and Jon Snow reminded me of a poor man's version of the Hopper/Walken scene from True Romance. "What we got here is a little game of show and tell. You're showing me nothing but you're telling me everything." "Can I have one of those glasses of Wildling Drank now." 

If ever a scene needed AC/DC's BACK IN BLACK it was Stannis rolling in and squashing the Wildlings, who have officially been depushed. I didn't expect it but I REALLY LIKE the dynamic between Jon Snow/Cirian hinds and Stannis and his crew. This is an interesting pairing that really really benefits all those involved. Before they weren't interesting...now there are possibilities. Depending on what happens early next season Stannis MAY graduate from Jabrone Status. 

Jon Snow is totally that college kid that happened to take that class with that one radical professor and now the rest of his college life will amount to him wearing beanies and putting devil horns on George W. Bush portraits. BENDING THE KNEE IS BOGUS BRO. Democrips and Republibloods. You feel me.

Also....goddamn that Red Broad had some hungry eyes for some o' that Stark Seed. And now that he's indulged in the forbidden fruit of the burning bush he's totally done for.

The MOUNTAIN. WE CAN REBUILD HIM. As soon as that guy said "It will...change...him" I thought of the Mountain popping up and giving a performance of Puttin' On the Ritz. 

Cersei moved further into madness, which totally telegraphed the end of the show. When she told Jamie that she "told father", I thought for an instant he was going to go all "Woah gurl. Hold up a sec. I think I need some space. Damn."

DANY IS OFFICIALLY DONE. She chained up the dragons who didn't do shit. She will eventually get eaten by her kids. MATT D AND HIS DAMNED CONSEQUENCES.

The fucking Professor Bran and his S-Men fought some Harryhausen Skeletons. The girl that's been hanging with them this whole time, whose name I have no clue on, looked pretty badass and MIGHT redeem them. About a Boy dying was the least surprising death on the show. I died laughing that Bran got attacked by a cripple skeleton. Then The Gray showed up and started hurling Magic Missiles. LAME. And so it looks like Bran is no destined to become Peter Pan. This is all terrible.

FUCK YEAH BIG GAL AND POD THE BOD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS OF THE WOOOOOOORLD. Hound was left looking for a tag and Arya walked. I'd say this is for sure MOTYC, and I'd probably say it out right beats Nightwatch vs. Wildlings because I cared way more about all those involved. Also Big Gal has the BEST FIERY COMEBACK. FUCK. YO. SHIT. HOUND. 

I'm glad Arya bailed. Time to start focusing on a singles title. And it looks like she's going to get Jose Lothario to gear her up for the Iron Man.

Tyrion icing his dad was like cashing in Money In the Bank. Tywin was already beaten down by his daughter and son knocking boots, his pants were down and then...."YOU THINK YOU KNOW ME....ON THIS DAY I CAN SEE CLEARLY" 

Varys looking back and going "Awwww damn there went that job." was brilliant. I got a feeling we're going to get Tyrion/Varys/Jorah meeting up next season and drinking their asses off.

Really good episode and I really like where most of the pieces fell this season. Looks like we're getting:

THE MAD QUEEN CERSEI vs. LARGE MARGE for the rights to Tommen's PingPang

Weird Shit at the wall with Stannis and Snow.

Arya training montages.

Sansa & Littlefinger getting wicked.

Varys/Tyrion on the LOOSE (I'm thinking they meet up with Dany at some point to get her shit going.)

Big Gal and Pod The Bod rockin Lannister Gold like GANGSTAS.

• Like 2

Thinking about it, how many people in the history of fictionalised violence have booked a man vs woman fight where the man hits a low blow? Because I think Benioff n Weiss just joined Vince Russo as the only people on that list.

Thinking about it, how many people in the history of fictionalised violence have booked a man vs woman fight where the man hits a low blow? Because I think Benioff n Weiss just joined Vince Russo as the only people on that list.

Luke Cage vs Elektra, New Avengers #27, written by Brian Michael Bendis

OpwGLGw.png

EDIT: Also, apparently Cyrus vs Francine at ECW Living Dangerously 1999

• Like 1

I feel like someone low-blowed Torrie Wilson in WCW.

Russo was mentioned already and I assume if that happened it happened during the Russo era.  I wouldn't be shocked if there were earlier example of vagina attacks from ECW because I've always thought of Russo as a Paul Heyman wannabe.

Luke Cage vs Elektra, New Avengers #27, written by Brian Michael Bendis

OpwGLGw.png

EDIT: Also, apparently Cyrus vs Francine at ECW Living Dangerously 1999

That was a Skrull, right? We sure she wasn't a he?

What a finale. Season 4 wasn't my favorite of the series but it might have left me the most emotionally drained by the end. After a little bit of time to process the episode one of the things that will stay with me the most was how much Tyrion and Shae said in their scene without actually saying much at all. Maybe some of this is my own projection, but to me it told the story of a woman who truly loved a man, was scorned, a well honed instinct for survival took over, and didn't realize until she was facing her own death that she was actually the one doing him wrong. I got no sense that Shae or Tywin actually cared for each other. On the other hand Tyrion murders Shae for betraying him, even though he knows deep down she would have gladly died by his side if he had not cast her off. And in the end kills his own father, which was completely justified, but in large part in an act of passion because he dared lay with the woman he loved, the one last betrayal he couldn't tolerate.

And through it all there's an underlying feeling that despite all of Tywin's bravado and schemes against his disfigured son who killed his wife, deep down he's jealous that he has the capacity to be the greatest Lannister of them all, and thus wants to take what he cherished most despite the fact Shae means nothing to him.

At least that's what I got from two scenes masterfully acted by three characters who never said anything along those lines.

I think you may be reading too much into Shae from that scene. Tyrion showed no signs of wanting to kill her or anything else until she forced his hand by going for the dagger which was practically an immediate response.

Hell, I don't even think Tyrion intended to kill Tywin until the incident with Shae. In truth up until that point I don't think Tyiron realized how much Tywin hated him. He thought everything with Shae was Cersei's doing, especially with Tywin's bemoaning Tyrion's whoring around in the first place. Shae's appearance in Tywin's room told a different story that truly revealed Tywin's hatred of Tyripon as everything that happened with Shae at the trial had to have been Tywin's personal punishment of Tyrion. Even sleeping with Shae was pretty much Tywin's personal FU to Tyrion. What I find funny is that Tywin was right in the end about Shae being a whore. She talked a good game about everything she was willing to do for Tyrion, but when it came down to it she went where the money and power was. Her calling who she thought was Tywin her lion (originally her pet name for Tyrion) and how easily she tried to kill Tyrion pretty much revealed it. There is actually a good chance she never really loved Tyrion in the first place, or at least that is what you have to think Tyrion was wondering despite his own love for her.

• Like 2

Wait, what? You don't think he intended to kill Tywin? He could have met up with Varys to leave and instead snuck into Tywin's room to presumably kill him in his sleep. When he saw Shae, that just added fuel to the fire. Upon leaving, he eyed that little cunt Joffrey's favorite weapon, the crossbow, and grabbed that to hunt down his dad.

I mean, there's a chance he wasn't going to kill Tywin, but what do you think he was sneaking into his room for? To have a dialogue with the guy?

• Like 1