DVDVR Message Board

A Video Game Deal Thread (All Systems)

RIPPA

Yeah, Amazon's policy has been if you preorder an item and the price drops during the window of that preorder, you will get the item for the best price. I've never known them to refund a difference on an item you bought a week ago due to a price drop, but I could be wrong. In terms of games, their preorder policy is a non-factor because you get that 20% discount as a Prime member on their gaming preorders.

On 11/19/2016 at 11:00 PM, odessasteps said:

Looks like the xbone battlefield 1TB i just got is $50 off at Best Buy next week. ($299)

I think that was a Microsoft Mandate. All retailers are selling 1TB Consoles for $50 off.

So I don't know if this is a fluke or what, but I went to Best Buy's site to check on the PS4 deal (console and 3 games for $250.)  It said it was coming soon.  But you COULD buy the PS4 and Uncharted 4 outright for $250.  When I tried to order it and used my Best Buy card, the other two games suddenly appeared as freebies.  We'll see what happens, but if you have the card you might be able to get the Black Friday deal right now.

I got my PS4 from Newegg.  There is a 25 dollar credit from American Express that I used and I got the bundle and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided and  the Plantronics GameCom P80 Wireless Gaming Headset for free.  I haven't seen this deal advertised.  You can also get free two day shipping from Shoprunner.  I'm giving the headset away since I'm getting an Audio Technica M50X.  

I've also picked up Tales from the Borderlands from Target for 8.  I'm waiting now to see what the video game sales will look like on Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, Doom, Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness, Tomb Raider Definitive Edition, and Rise of the Tomb Raider.  Most of these have already dropped on Amazon but it won't hurt to wait a bit longer.

I bought myself Mass Effect on Steam for $5 because I've had ME2 for ages (it was in some humble bundle) and I never played it because I want to start from the, you know, start.

I also bought the friend that recently gifted me the Borderlands: Pre Sequel Season Pass, Ducktales Remastered for $5 because it's been on his wishlist forever. Why not.

Big fucking spender here.

RE: The Steam Sale

DOOM IS $20.

IF YOU LIKE FPSES, YOU WANT DOOM.

Also.

I bought myself Mass Effect on Steam for $5 because I've had ME2 for ages (it was in some humble bundle) and I never played it because I want to start from the, you know, start.

Heads up, the PC port of Mass Effect 1 is FUUUUUUUUUCKED. Notable bugs:

1) It doesn't know how to handle multi-processors so it will just skyrocket in PC usage until it eventually crashes. It'll take about three hours in the early game. It'll crash about once an hour in the late game.
2) Your weapons work on an overheating system, but something goes awry in the reading of that information to where there's a random chance that when you overheat the gun, it wont un-overheat until you reload a save. The only fix is to go find the corresponding ini and disable weapon overheat entirely.

3 minutes ago, Casey said:

Is it worth getting games through the Xbox marketplace? They've got some good Black Friday deals (to me, anyway).

Some of them yes - they will most likely be a little more than at a store or a different online retailer but you do get it instantly (since they are the digital downloads) and Microsoft always shows you bought it so you can always redownload if say you can an updated machine or something

For example - they have Battlefield 1 for $35 right now which is the same as Target. Best Buy has it for $30 so - is the extra $5 worth not going to the store and not waiting for it to be shipped

Fallout 4 -$19.80

Star Wars Battlefront - $15 (Ultimate is same price as on Amazon, Deluxe edition is $20)

Batman: Arkham Knight Premium Edition - $16

UFC 2 Deluxe Edition - $24

Skyrim Special Edition is only $30, but I'm only price matching with Amazon (and they only have Used or Digital Code) because I have Thanksgiving stuff today too and fuck Black Friday in-person shopping.