DVDVR Message Board

The Fast and Furious franchise thread

LethalStriker

Just saw this.

It's the best movie of all time. I laughed and laughed like a maniac.

Same here. I laughed a ton at the ridiculous stunts and crazy getaways. Why not? It's not like it's meant to be serious :)

Anyone want to guess what movie just had a huge second weekend here, and just broke the opening day record in China?

EDIT: Best opening day in China, not weekend. Did 68.6 on Sunday.

Paul Walker referenced the fucking tuna sandwiches. I'm so glad that happened. If he called Tyrese cuh, I would have been complete.

It was hard to get into the tribute at the end with that awful Whiz Khalifa song. He sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog mixed with PaRappa.

I wish the hand to hand fights were clearer but I liked the movie overall.

Also, lots of booty shots.

Gonna catch FURIOUS 7 tonight, without having seen any of the previous entries in the series.

I assume that'll be fine. Cars and explosions and shit.

EDIT: well that was probably the dumbest film I've ever seen. Also, I was not prepared for the amount of butts.

Fastest ever to one billion.

Currently seventh all time worldwide, had a good shot at (temporarily) getting to fourth (and quickly falling to fifth when AoU overtakes it, but still.)

Hell of a thing for a franchise that's first six films never made close to this kind of an impact.

rs_600x600-150407072255-600.Fast-And-The

FF8? Well, that's the Fant4stic franchise buggered.

It's a good job those guys who make rubbish parody movies seem to have stopped. Because you know they'd have thought The Fat and the Furious was the funniest idea ever.

rs_600x600-150407072255-600.Fast-And-The

FF8? Well, that's the Fant4stic franchise buggered.

It's a good job those guys who make rubbish parody movies seem to have stopped. Because you know they'd have thought The Fat and the Furious was the funniest idea ever.

They haven't stopped unfortunately, but they didn't come up with a title as clever as yours.

i watched fast 6 the other day and it really loses me in the last quarter. giving up the computer chip thingy thats going to shut down the military for 24 hours or whatever because 1 person is held hostage? fuck those assholes. and then they start chasing the guy they just released in the least subtle way possible? huh? why would they expect this super criminal to lead them straight to her?

oh, and dat runway length

i watched fast 6 the other day and it really loses me in the last quarter. giving up the computer chip thingy thats going to shut down the military for 24 hours or whatever because 1 person is held hostage? fuck those assholes. and then they start chasing the guy they just released in the least subtle way possible? huh? why would they expect this super criminal to lead them straight to her?

oh, and dat runway length

Really dude, really?

The whole point of the movies is that they are dumb.

Ranking the FAST series: 

1. Fast Five (this is where they turn the corner from street racing to Ocean's 11 heist joints with fast cars and it's so fucking great. Whoever made that decision is brilliant)

2. The Fast and the Furious ( the original is great. That's where we learn about family and there's so many awesome one liners that are still referenced today)

3. Fast & Furious 6

4. Furious 7

5. 2 Fast 2 Furious (seriously this is so underrated. We get Tyrese's "we hungry" and we also get Paul Walker's "pockets ain't empty cuh". Plus, Eva Mendes is scortching)

6. Tokyo Drift (I really like the setting and the drifting scenes are cool. Most of the actors suck though.)

7. Fast & Furious (This is probably the only movie in the series I dislike. I don't think anything worked but on the plus side it made a nice chunk of change and kept the series going).