DVDVR Message Board

The Fast and Furious franchise thread

LethalStriker

Fuck all that. You guys are totally sleeping on authorities probably knowing that Hobbs was on the motherfucker and was going in to chill some bitches out. Who needs fighter jets or anything else when all you need is Hobbs and a big ass truck to perfectly time driving off a bridge into the drone.

Only way it would have been better and more ridiculous is if Hobbs did the same thing with a horse. And that horse would fucking live.

I am totally good with Hobbes using his authority to commandeer an ambulance but HOW IN THE FUCK DID HE GET A MINIGUN~??

Fuck all that. You guys are totally sleeping on authorities probably knowing that Hobbs was on the motherfucker and was going in to chill some bitches out. Who needs fighter jets or anything else when all you need is Hobbs and a big ass truck to perfectly time driving off a bridge into the drone.

Only way it would have been better and more ridiculous is if Hobbs did the same thing with a horse. And that horse would fucking live.

I am totally good with Hobbes using his authority to commandeer an ambulance but HOW IN THE FUCK DID HE GET A MINIGUN~??

He took it off the drone, because of course you can use the machine gun on a drone like a minigun.

Out of all the gravity-defying stuff that I let my suspension of disbelief get past, the biggest problem I had was that during the whole final act was that maybe only 15-20 patrol cars showed up to deal with Shaw and goons....15-20 squad cars...in L.A..  

Maybe they got a call from Hobbs or something, telling them to back off because he's got this under control.

I went with a group of friends to see The Fast and the Furious. We were all like 16 or some shit. It was a fucking blast. Years later and we have seen every fucking one of these and it's always the greatest.  My favorite part of this outside of the send off was definitely Hobbs and the ambulance. That shit was straight out of T2.

The send off had me crying like hell.  I miss Paul. 

• Like 1

Just saw this.

It's the best movie of all time. I laughed and laughed like a maniac.

Same here. I laughed a ton at the ridiculous stunts and crazy getaways. Why not? It's not like it's meant to be serious :)

Anyone want to guess what movie just had a huge second weekend here, and just broke the opening day record in China?

EDIT: Best opening day in China, not weekend. Did 68.6 on Sunday.

Paul Walker referenced the fucking tuna sandwiches. I'm so glad that happened. If he called Tyrese cuh, I would have been complete.

It was hard to get into the tribute at the end with that awful Whiz Khalifa song. He sounds like Sonic The Hedgehog mixed with PaRappa.

I wish the hand to hand fights were clearer but I liked the movie overall.

Also, lots of booty shots.

Gonna catch FURIOUS 7 tonight, without having seen any of the previous entries in the series.

I assume that'll be fine. Cars and explosions and shit.

EDIT: well that was probably the dumbest film I've ever seen. Also, I was not prepared for the amount of butts.

Fastest ever to one billion.

Currently seventh all time worldwide, had a good shot at (temporarily) getting to fourth (and quickly falling to fifth when AoU overtakes it, but still.)

Hell of a thing for a franchise that's first six films never made close to this kind of an impact.