DVDVR Message Board

RIP Lemmy Kilmister

Gonzo

This sucks. Thankfully, I was able to see Motorhead a couple of times in the last few years. Man, this fucking sucks...

My favorite Motorhead song...

My ringtone...

A song I actually teach the meaning of to my history students...

• Like 4

I've been a walking ghost since I found out. Wearing my well-worn Motorhead shirt now. First Wurzel, then Philthy, and now Lem... fuck, this is like watching the Ramones pass. 

The only thing I can give you, and it ain't solace. 

Lost in the ozone, nothing left to say

"I know, it was a thoughtful song"

I liked WWE's Raw tribute to Lemmy; save for Michael Cole mispronouncing Kilmister. I guess it's to be expected, though. Michael Cole strikes me as a guy that listens to Michael Bolton, not Motorhead.

Michael Cole might as well be Harold Ramis in Airheads.

Lemmy had been in such rough shape this year especially after that show in Salt Lake City where he almost collapsed on stage after two songs. But it looked like he turned a corner in the last couple of months. I mean he is Lemmy after all. When they putout Aftershock, if that was Motorhead's swan song it was pretty damn good. Then Lemmy was like "we're recording a new album" and they put Bad Magic and it's just as good if not better.

As good as Motorhead was with earshaking loudness, Lemmy wrote some great fucking slow songs.

I hope the solo album he had been working on for a while sees the light of day.

Apparently they knew once he had the diagnosis he was going to go quick. To the point that the Rainbow Bar & Grill shipped over the Video Poker machine he always played at the bar over to him in his last days.

lemmy3.jpg

As expected, the band has said that it has ended with Lemmy's death. No reunion tours, no more albums. They just finished their final tour on the 11th, and they knew Lemmy was near the end then.

Meadowlark Lemon and now Lemmy.  I shudder to think who the third will be.  I hate 2015.

Could someone Photoshop a Harlem Globetrotters uniform onto Meadowlark Lemmy? Asking for a friend.

I liked WWE's Raw tribute to Lemmy; save for Michael Cole mispronouncing Kilmister. I guess it's to be expected, though. Michael Cole strikes me as a guy that listens to Michael Bolton, not Motorhead.

To be fair to Cole, I never knew Lemmy's last name he was just Lemmy

I attributed this quote to Scott Ian who I guess took this from a quote from Lemmy himself:

In 1975 he told Sounds that Motörhead would be “the dirtiest rock’n’roll band in the world. If you moved in next door, your lawn would die.”

More than 30 years later, Spin asked him to elaborate on his vision for the band.

“I stole that quote from Dr. Hook. In truth, if you lived next door to us in those days, you probably would’ve never stopped to see if your lawn was dead — you would’ve just moved out because of the fucking racket,” he explained.

• Like 3

My buddy Elwood told me a story about Billy Gibbons buying Lemmy a pair of white cowboy boots and how they were the ugliest boots he had ever seen. However, when he saw Lemmy after that, he was always wearing those white boots and wore them with pride. Lemmy... rocking white cowboy boots and being badass for it.