DVDVR Message Board

RAW IS IRRATIONALLY AWESOME

piranesi

If they stick with comedy Kane, as they always should, the feud with Rollins should be entertaining. Rollins is a good stooge and HHH/Steph are usually good comedy too.

Best part of the show was Xavier playing Rusev's theme on the trombone, though. Surprised no one's gif'ed Summer on the trombone.

I feel as if that last sentence deserves its own Brazzers logo

Jmaes

I want Bayley no where near this Diva nonsense

I generally agree, but re-run Bayley vs. the BFFs with Bayley and the Bellas and the crowd would be all in on Bayley.  

Take it one step further, and have Bayley cornered by the Bellas, only to have Sasha Banks come to her aid, and the right crowd would blow the roof off.  Save it for the Raw after Wrestlemania, and imagine the pop.

I didn't see the show, but it seemed like everyone at every board I inhabit all loved it... so naturally the fucking useless reviewer guy at the Observer, Jeff Hamlin, whines "this show could have the lowest ratings of any Raw show since that year. It was a boring show." Bix, why the hell do y'all keep this guy around? Is he a money mark or something, paying to write columns? Your average kid on any given pop culture site writes better recaps than Hamlin.

Also: no, the Kane thing is NOT a ripoff of the Joseph Park angle. They've repeatedly done several storylines over the years which have portrayed Masked Kane and Unmasked Kane as being two different personalities; hell, they once even had Festus Gallows as a Fake Masked Kane for Real Unmasked Kane to feud with.

Paige's pipebomb could lead to something interesting, hopefully. 

That segment was way too long, but I liked a couple of things:

- Ric's genuine old-man emotions gettin me feelin' things.  feelin' things.

- But I also can't help thinking there was a little part of him watching Paige talk shit about everyone and thinking: "I kind of wish she was mine."  I could see it in his face leaning there against the ropes.  "I love you Char, but that girl...she's a fucking asshole and Riccy Ric LOOOOVES IT!"

I am looking forward to this as long as they make Paige an asshole and not another "craaaazy chick"  So far, they are actually going for asshole and that is where the $$$ is. 

So Paige is gonna be Charlotte's on-screen fifth mother? I like the idea of Paige using Ric's womanizing ways to get in Charlotte's head.

Paige - "You probably don't even know who your mother is"

RCB - ????

Maury Povich lurks

I want Bayley no where near this Diva nonsense

I generally agree, but re-run Bayley vs. the BFFs with Bayley and the Bellas and the crowd would be all in on Bayley.  

Take it one step further, and have Bayley cornered by the Bellas, only to have Sasha Banks come to her aid, and the right crowd would blow the roof off.  Save it for the Raw after Wrestlemania, and imagine the pop.

Nope. I have no faith in the WWE writers to mine Bayley's appeal correctly under the best of circumstances, much less right now. Zero, none, nada.

• Like 1

Why would you assume Paige won't be going after the belt?

I assume that's a distinct possibility, but this feud doesn't need the belt to be over. It seems like keeping the title in this feud would make more of the women seem irrelevant, even Nattie and Becky since they'd just be seconds in the payoff singles match. A payoff tag team match (or series) with tweener champ Sasha having her own feud or even doing a "challenger of the month" thing sounds way more appealing and gets more people over.

I'm still reserving judgment on the "Paige Bomb". Never been a fan of worked shoot promos, but I do prefer a heel Paige, especially if she's going to be a more pissed off heel than kooky/insane heel. Brie/Charlotte was kind of awkward and I don't think that was all Brie.

I dug Naomi/Nattie. These two had decent matches when Naomi was playing a face, but they're even better now that she is getting more accustomed to wrestling a more heel style. Hopefully, Team BAD is not the next group to implode just yet as they are the bee's knees. I'm assuming a frustrated Nattie is now gonna align with Paige? Good. It's about time that she got something to do.

I mentioned on Twitter that I hoped this led to Nattie and Emma joining Paige, which leads to Bayley joining Charlotte and Becky.

I can get with that

I assume that's a distinct possibility, but this feud doesn't need the belt to be over. It seems like keeping the title in this feud would make more of the women seem irrelevant, even Nattie and Becky since they'd just be seconds in the payoff singles match. A payoff tag team match (or series) with tweener champ Sasha having her own feud or even doing a "challenger of the month" thing sounds way more appealing and gets more people over.

None of the women are strongly over so using the belt actually does help. W/o the belt it wouldn't have even really made sense for Paige to turn.

None of the women are strongly over so using the belt actually does help. W/o the belt it wouldn't have even really made sense for Paige to turn.

It would have made more sense for her to turn and cost Charlotte the win during the match since the whole point was for Paige to be the one to take out the Bellas.

Especially since Becky and Charlotte were technically thrust upon her by Steph

I mean it is what it is this way - but you can easily rationalize Paige turning earlier.

It would have made more sense for her to turn and cost Charlotte the win during the match since the whole point was for Paige to be the one to take out the Bellas.

Especially since Becky and Charlotte were technically thrust upon her by Steph

I mean it is what it is this way - but you can easily rationalize Paige turning earlier.

Either one would have worked thinking about it more. Personally I think its better for the title to be involved as neither are a strong enough character on their own yet.

I like that it's taken them this long to finally have Kane go insane. Kane is Tony Garea except Tony never snapped after working for McMahon for so long.

They really should have had Garea become "Outback Jack", after watching Crocodile Dundee too many times. He would have been infinitely better at the role, than the guy who played him. 

That's why you go the 4-way route, where Sasha can sneak out with the belt while Charlotte/Paige remains unresolved.

I think with the amount of women on the roster now (BAD, Team Bella, CB, Paige, Nattie, Emma, Cameron, Rosa, even Summer if she ever goes back to wrestling), WWE should add Diva Tag Team belts.  Hell, have Steph/Trips give them to the Bellas for their longtime service and being the best Diva tag team of all-time.  Then you can quite conceivably do some combination of Paige/Nattie or Charlotte/Becky against the Bellas, while also running a title chase with Charlotte/Paige defending against Team Bad.

Paige's promo was fantastic, seemed more unscripted than normal promos, which shows they have a lot of trust in her.

It's all well and good saying she's going to be an asshole heel, but the crowd was cheering her by the end of it. Which probably means she'll be forced into being a heel for a few months then incessantly cheered like anyone else before begrudgingly turned face again in 6 months after the fans stop caring as much. 

Big Show's promo showed a lot of fire and it's like he was saying on Jericho's podcast, he just comes to work and does what he's told, whether it's to be a comedy role or as it was here, build himself up for the big match at MSG. If it was me though, it needed a line about Cesaro being a strength freak and he's tough in the same way Lesnar is, but if Show can overcome Cesaro, then he can overcome Lesnar. And show everyone he's the biggest and most important freak in wrestling. 

Then again if it was me I would book Cesaro/Lesnar like, you know what people want, even the ones who don't know they want it would want it.

Ru-Day is awesome, Rusev could have come out and blanked the other heels, but instead even though 2/3 of them are American he integrated instead, maybe this will lead to less of the patriotic Bulgarian thing in the future. So then he can turn babyface and go on another undefeated streak with Lana at his side. Dolph is so cringeworthy in everything he does, you can tell he's just collecting a paycheck at this point. Rusev's celebration of finally beating him was epic, shame the commentators didn't emote the same way. Hopefully he will defeat Dolph cleanly soon and move on to better things.