DVDVR Message Board

Raw 7-27-15

MGFanJay

To those asking why do we still need to see Cena/Rollins at SummerSlam now that they just had the match on RAW and Cena won clean - We should want to see it because we know Cena can beat Rollins and this time it will be for the WWE Title.

The slight problem with that is no one wants to see Cena get his 100th world title reign. We already knew Cena could beat Rollins he's done it plenty of times before. It's unbelievable to me that they didn't plan on rebuilding Reigns, and have him win the belt at Summer Slam. Putting the belt back on Cena is the most desperate stale thing they could do. Well maybe besides give Taker his win back over Brock lol.

I want to see Cena win the belt again...a few more times actually.  He's one of the best wrestlers of all time, and when he does retire I hope all the record books show he was the WWE GOAT.  Love that dude!

• Like 2

Cena beats Rollins.

Orton beats Owens.

Big Show beats Ambrose.

BUT HEY WWE MAKES NEW STARS RIGHT?

I know this might seem like an over reaction, if this weren't the case over the past decade.

Rollins is the WWE Champion

Ambrose ended up walking away while Big Show lay in the dirt

Owens massacred Cena on his first night on Raw.

You muppet.

You mean the WWE champion that is the weakest looking world champion, the guy that lost a match and the guy that hasn't won against a main eventer since his first match in the company?

Way to know what gets people over. Hey, how about next time before you start throwing out insults you actually know what you are talking about before you open your mouth next time.

You mean the WWE champion that is the weakest looking world champion, the guy that lost a match and the guy that hasn't won against a main eventer since his first match in the company?

Way to know what gets people over. Hey, how about next time before you start throwing out insults you actually know what you are talking about before you open your mouth next time.

"Way to know what gets people over": not that I care about any behind the scenes machinations but the funny thing is those three you mentioned are fucking over. So what's your point you buffoon (that'll be a rhetorical question because really your point is your favourites aren't winning and so you're throwing the toys out your pram)

I noticed how you didn't mention someone like Roman Reigns in your initial statement about an up and comer that comes short in the main event, but that's because Roman Reigns isn't one of your ROH indy darlings.

Lol get the fuck out of here, son.

• Like 3

I think she's had good matches with Nattie, Alicia, Naomi, and Nikki.

And at least one with AJ too. I'm sure she would've looked a lot better if she was in NXT all of last year with their fresh talent, focused booking, and fan support, but Paige has been making the most with what she had. I think Paige/Sasha was slightly better than the last Charlotte/Sasha match. Not as good as the Takeover classics, but well above the usual weekly matches. It was a smooth match where both girls got to show a lot without any finisher overkill, and Sasha got the clean win in a match that was booked 50/50 and could've gone either way. It was really sound structurally and in the context of the angle.

To those asking why do we still need to see Cena/Rollins at SummerSlam now that they just had the match on RAW and Cena won clean - We should want to see it because we know Cena can beat Rollins and this time it will be for the WWE Title.

The slight problem with that is no one wants to see Cena get his 100th world title reign. We already knew Cena could beat Rollins he's done it plenty of times before. It's unbelievable to me that they didn't plan on rebuilding Reigns, and have him win the belt at Summer Slam. Putting the belt back on Cena is the most desperate stale thing they could do. Well maybe besides give Taker his win back over Brock lol.

You don't put the belt on Reigns now because you're saving that for Mania 32. Brock/Reigns 2.

I'm not sold on Paige being much better than Nikki or some other "divas". She was having good matches down in NXT but then took a big step back when she was called up to the main. Many believed this was due in part to the lack of talent around her but now that we're seeing Sasha and Becky on the main roster it's become quite clear that Paige is not on their level. I think Emma is better too.

"Way to know what gets people over": not that I care about any behind the scenes machinations but the funny thing is those three you mentioned are fucking over. So what's your point you buffoon (that'll be a rhetorical question because really your point is your favourites aren't winning and so you're throwing the toys out your pram)

I noticed how you didn't mention someone like Roman Reigns in your initial statement about an up and comer that comes short in the main event, but that's because Roman Reigns isn't one of your ROH indy darlings.

So....is this our new gimmick poster? I mean, it seems like we're due. I think it was calling a fellow poster a "buffoon" that tipped me off.

I think it's pretty funny using the term ROH indy darlings when one of them mentioned is the former Jon Moxley, who you know, never worked Ring of Honor. Plus, you know Steen and Tyler Black worked for promotions other than ROH; PWG, CZW, IWA:MS, etc.

I think it's pretty funny using the term ROH indy darlings when one of them mentioned is the former Jon Moxley, who you know, never worked Ring of Honor. Plus, you know Steen and Tyler Black worked for promotions other than ROH; PWG, CZW, IWA:MS, etc.

Way to keep in with the spirit of my post. Of course your literalism is an attempt to avoid the thrust of the argument isn't it? Or maybe you're just one of those guys who counts out every single grain when he buys a bag of rice.

Either way let's give you the benefit of the doubt and examine your post through your own literalist myopic lens:

Jon Moxley has, in fact, worked ROH.

Now suck on that. Literally.

• Like 1

I think Cena deserves a hell of a lot of credit not only for working through the most hideous broken nose I've ever seen on an American wrestling show, but also for somehow putting on one of his best performances in a long time when he could barely even breathe or see. Maybe he was legit pissed off (hell, who wouldn't be?), but from the injury onward, for once John wasn't moving in his typical stiff-bodied Create-A-Wrestler style out there. He look like he seriously wanted to rip Seth's head off and take it home with him. Geez, between this and the Lesnar matches, have we (as Burgundy implied) discovered the secret to getting a convincing fiery performance out of John is simply to shoot hurt the poor guy?

Now suck on that. Literally.

I predict a shiny new Johnny Cash avatar in this fellow's future.

WWE announced that Alicia Fox suffered a concussion during the tag match

Emma seems to be one of the few logical replacements for Fox (she's in NXT but was also on the main roster, anyone else from NXT wouldn't make sense).

Bayley works here. On Twitter the Bellas asked Bayley to join Team Bella and she said no because Fox was mean to her. So no Fox no problem.

Then you can have super excited Bayley around an obviously disinterested Bellas.

I really wish they'd let Fandango just be Johnny Curtis again. I feel like there is more mileage there and he looked good on Monday in what should have been a nothing match.

I also love that people still have no idea how WWE booking works and think that losing a single match or program means someone is buried. You know who was buried? Ryder after his US Title win. He was slowly pushed back down the card into irrelevancy and isn't regularly on the main shows. That is being buried. Being involved in storylines and featured matches with top stars is not buried by any means. Unless y'all just don't know how holes and burying stuff works.

• Like 2

Fox's injury would be a perfect way to debut Bailey as the the put upon third member of Team Bella, where they can do the naive super fan thing

Again, I want Bayley to have a gimmick where she's so nice that she makes everyone around her nicer. Like, supernaturally nice. Accompanied by a little harp glissando whenever she appears on screen.

• Like 1

I really wish they'd let Fandango just be Johnny Curtis again. I feel like there is more mileage there and he looked good on Monday in what should have been a nothing match.

I also love that people still have no idea how WWE booking works and think that losing a single match or program means someone is buried. You know who was buried? Ryder after his US Title win. He was slowly pushed back down the card into irrelevancy and isn't regularly on the main shows. That is being buried. Being involved in storylines and featured matches with top stars is not buried by any means. Unless y'all just don't know how holes and burying stuff works.

Exactly. In my opinion, being buried means you're rarely on tv and when you are, it's for 2 minutes and you look like a goof. The worst thing you can do to a wrestler is not let them do anything b/c then they're not getting an opportunity to make more money.