DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Terry Funk has never done anything wrong. Stop watching wrestling

tumblr_mty7npeBU01rhly2xo1_500.jpg

That only supports his argument

Well, fair enough if you think a single wrestler has had a flawless career - I choose to believe otherwise. His deathmatch shit is pretty lame, too.

Well, fair enough if you think a single wrestler has had a flawless career - I choose to believe otherwise. His deathmatch shit is pretty lame, too.

Death matches are inherently lame as hell. You can't hold that against him.

So, I've been reading (Although it turns out halfway through, I realized I'd read it before, so re-reading) Chris Jericho's book 'Undisputed', and this part about Bubba Ray Dudley is just depressing and awful.  Kinda makes you wonder how many ECW guys are going to have some real serious problems later in life.

Bubba was the worst off though, as after I gave him a bulldog off the top of the ladder he was knocked unconscious and got a concussion to boot.  He was laying there looking at me, but it was obvious that there was nobody home.  It was his turn to climb the ladder and he was still giving me the thousand-yard stare, so I whispered that he had to get up.

"What do I do?" he asked groggily.

"Climb the ladder!" I hissed.

"How do I do that?" he inquired, as if I had just told him to pull Excalibur out of the stone.

"Just put one foot on the bottom rung and lift the other foot to the next rung.  Then just keep doing it."

Kane ended up winning the match, but quite frankly in a TLC match everybody loses in one way or another.  Bubba was still completely on dream street afterwards, so much so that he was looking for his mother who had passed away the year before.  It was heartbreaking to have to tell him she wasn't there and see the look on his face as he insisted that she was supposed to meet him after the show.

Terry Funk has never done anything wrong. Stop watching wrestling

tumblr_mty7npeBU01rhly2xo1_500.jpg

That only supports his argument

Uh no

The fuck did they find this guy?

• Like 3

Chainsaw Charlie is fun because it's not Vince coming up with some stupid gimmick to put Funk in, that's Funk's very own idea. To make his debut by cutting out of a wooden box with a chainsaw and pantyhose on his head.

EDIT: WWE really needs to fly that dude who stole Rusev's medal to Payback so they can have some backstage segment where Rusev scares him into giving the medal back and talks shit about thieving Americans like that damn John Cena who stole his U.S. title.

The death match series Funk and Foley wanted to have going into Mania 14 has always captured my imagination, but it's probably for the best Vince got cold feet. At least they had that great match a few months later on Raw.

• Like 1

Lawler's "WTF is this, is this real life?" face totally sells the photo.

I just looked up the segment with him cutting his way out of the box for the first time and I forgot how goofy it was. The chainsaw is so loud but it's obviously fake noise because the chain isn't moving despite the fact that there are sparks shooting out of the chainsaw. He really doesn't look menacing at all but the New Age Outlaws have to run from him like he's Leatherface.