DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

What's sad is I'm while I'm in a safe area, I just have to go 5 blocks and it won't be hard to find.

Moving on, Jim Ross has his show in Baltimore Saturday.  Not sure if I'm looking forward to hearing the story yet again about killing animals when younger, but got a deal on VIP tickets.  Should be a fun time, and I am awfully low on the BBQ sauce.

Still not sure about Payback the next night though.  But it's not often I can say there's back to back wrestling-related nights worth a damn going on in Baltimore so that's cool.

There's a local indy show in my area this weekend, and you can get VIP tickets for $25 which gets you in to a "VIP BBQ" with the talent two hours before the start of the show. The Honky Tonk Man, Gangrel, and Brian Christopher are going to be on the show. I'm trying to decide if it's worth $25 to go to a BBQ with the Honky Tonk Man.

SICW on Saturday in East Carondelet, IL has a bunch of special guests.  Stan Hansen, Mike McGuirk, Cowboy Bob Orton(who's become a regular commissioner-type figure in the promotion), Mick Karch(old AWA announcer), and Barbara Goodish(Brody's widow).  Meet-and-greet/Q&A earlier in the day before the show that evening.

Good question. The flyer doesn't say, but I'm assuming it's going to the cheapest version of a BBQ possible and it will be just a glorified meet and greet session. But still, it would be cool to meet Honky and get a picture of him with my baby.

Not sure if it's been talked in-depth yet but WWE doing Elimination Chamber is both bonkers and awesome. It's insane to throw away a very dangerous gimmick match with little build on a throwaway month but it should be great. 

It's especially brilliant if they just keep it to the IC and tag belts. You don't have to worry about the main eventers getting injured and holy fuck are those undercard guys going to die. A tag chamber with New Day/Matadorss/Cesaro and Kidd and Sin Cara/Kalisto would be be fucking mental.  We saw an undercard prelim team kill themselves on a midget match last year, these guys are going to go next level. 

• Like 1

Good question. The flyer doesn't say, but I'm assuming it's going to the cheapest version of a BBQ possible and it will be just a glorified meet and greet session. But still, it would be cool to meet Honky and get a picture of him with my baby.

"My baby tonight" was Double J, not Honky...

• Like 4

If you want Honky Tonk Man to kiss your baby, be sure you clean the slobber first. While you are at it, wash your greasy, dirty hand before shaking Honky's.

#voteofconfidence

• Like 1

Not sure if it's been talked in-depth yet but WWE doing Elimination Chamber is both bonkers and awesome. It's insane to throw away a very dangerous gimmick match with little build on a throwaway month but it should be great. 

It's especially brilliant if they just keep it to the IC and tag belts. You don't have to worry about the main eventers getting injured and holy fuck are those undercard guys going to die. A tag chamber with New Day/Matadorss/Cesaro and Kidd and Sin Cara/Kalisto would be be fucking mental.  We saw an undercard prelim team kill themselves on a midget match last year, these guys are going to go next level. 

PWInsider says the only Elimination Chamber matches will be the IC & Tag belts, but there will be US and WHC matches on the card too.

Does anyone have access to the Fight Network and if so does it have any pro wrestling on it?   They are debuting House of Hardcore TV tonight but no reason to getting a monthly membership if that is the only wrestling shown

Does anyone have access to the Fight Network and if so does it have any pro wrestling on it?   They are debuting House of Hardcore TV tonight but no reason to getting a monthly membership if that is the only wrestling shown

CMLL, Dragon Date USA, TNA Impact / Xplosion / Greatest Matches, Best of ROH, USWA + PRIDE, Pancrase and a bunch of UFC shit. According to their "Shows" list on their website, anyway.

That is the best hype I have ever read about any wrestling match.

I'm pretty sure it was an existing house show. There's the other crew in... I forget what city it is, but it's probably going to get postponed so Cena and Rollins can be on the Elimination Chamber card.