DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Greenville SC??

Speaking of "Peck," what's Archibald Peck/ RD Evans/ Proud Oak of Latveria doing lately? I haven't seen his name come up anywhere ... retired? I know he was ... ahem, killed in Chikara. Whatever happened to?

House shows are usually pretty kid-heavy too, from my experiences, so it should be interesting to see some of the crowd reactions. Almost like the antithesis of a RR or WM crowd. Though, I'll admit, once news of this broke, the crowd make-up may have changed once tickets started going faster (unless it was sold out already, somehow)

I always wonder how parents explain house shows to kids.

"Mommy, we just saw Roman Reigns beat Seth Rollins. Why aren't they mentioning that on RAW tonight?"

How do you explain the idea of non-canonical happens to your 5 year old?

"Mommy, we just saw Roman Reigns beat Seth Rollins. Why aren't they mentioning that on RAW tonight?"

Five year olds don't care about canon. That's an adult hang-up.

• Like 1

Got the '10 for 10' deal from HighSpots, it's a great deal. I went in for 20 random DVDs, which, including taxes and shipping, came out to $25 and change. Also got a copy of one of Meltzer's 'Tributes' books AND a Wildcat Willy WCW trading card thrown in for free. With the book, they gave me a choice between a few things, two were free gifts, or a $5 DVD.

Got a lot of SoCal stuff, I'd say the majority of the DVDs are that. Super Dragon disc, a disc from PWG Sells Out 3, some AWS, Rev Pro, SCCW. Not sure if that's somehow based on location, making it not random, but I'm not complaining. Some Japanese stuff, a disc of AJPW and NJPW 'classics', Stan Hansen in Japan. Some random NWA affiliate stuff, including Wildside and Florida. A disc of CZW, and a DVD about the Magnum TA/Nikita Koloff feud. Also something called 'All Female Wrestling', which looks sleazy, and is probably the least interesting disc in the bunch.

The stuff came pretty quickly, like, less than a week, with normal shipping. All in all, I feel it was a really solid deal, might do it once a month now.

Thus far, I've watched the Super Dragon disc, which was disc one of his 'Destruction' disc, so pretty much 2002-2004 stuff, including a Double Dragons/X Foundation match, the TARO mask vs. mask match, and Babi Slymm. Now I'm watching the Nikita/Magnum disc, which turned out to be a shoot interview, pretty cool.

I'd definitely recommend if you're looking for a solid deal and aren't hung up on having complete stuff.

Speaking of "Peck," what's Archibald Peck/ RD Evans/ Proud Oak of Latveria doing lately? I haven't seen his name come up anywhere ... retired? I know he was ... ahem, killed in Chikara. Whatever happened to?

From what have heard, he retired, got married and moved to Canada.

• Like 1

This saddens me.  Entertaining guy.

Good for him, then. Him and that Veronica chick always did seem to get along ... *ahem*.

Five year olds don't care about canon. That's an adult hang-up.

Truth. My 4 year old is concurrently watching four different Transformers series with all kinds of different continuity issues and he just rolls with it