DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 4/2/15

victor

This feud reminds me of the rivalry between light skinned Gammas and Laurence Fishburne's non-frat faction of natural haired students in School Daze. How's Tisha Campbell looking these days? She should manage The PTP.

• Like 2

Shit, can we just drop the damn writing and let PTP's and New Day do this whole fued?  Those tweets did more to get me interested in New Day than the last six months of TV have.

Shit, can we just drop the damn writing and let PTP's and New Day do this whole fued?  Those tweets did more to get me interested in New Day than the last six months of TV have.

Twitter-based feuds are a real life/mainstream media phenomenon that most people are already familiar with.  It's time for a wrestling feud to be fully built via twitter.  All you have to do is make sure all the fans know/see the tweets, and that's as easy as putting screenshots on the Titantron.  It eliminates the dumb scripted promos, it condenses their slice of weekly programming time (so you can work more/other stuff in), it's clearly interesting stuff because we're all enjoying it.   And it's totally believable because celebrities do this shit all the time, only without SETTLING IT IN THE RING so there you go, you have something you can sell.

Damn, how is WWE not doing this all the time already?  They love fawning over tweets and twitter!

The only one I remember that had legs was Ryder/Ziggler from a couple years ago.  It started on the show Ryder was doing along with Twitter and it pretty much setup the US title match that Ryder won.  Other than that it's mainly a snide remark here or two for a mid-card/divas feud but not much to it.

EDIT:  WHOO, hit post 777!  Time to play the lottery!

I don't know if we follow Ryder on the DVDVR account, but I recall seeing a bunch of "Zack Ryder is going bald" from the Rose account.

Yeah - that was going on.

We follow Rose not Ryder - so they were coming from Rose

Of course I am trying to figure out why the fuck we are following Adam Rose

• Like 1

I don't know if we follow Ryder on the DVDVR account, but I recall seeing a bunch of "Zack Ryder is going bald" from the Rose account.

Yeah - that was going on.

We follow Rose not Ryder - so they were coming from Rose

Of course I am trying to figure out why the fuck we are following Adam Rose

Are you following the Bunny?

Sheamus' promo about targeting little workrate guys was unnecessarily unsubtle to the point of being silly, but everything else about his new heel character is awesome. His music rules, his new moves rule, his Irish-accent trash talking rules, and his look should prevent anyone from cheering him if he's booked strongly.

Naturally, when paired with Daniel Bryan, he delivered a really good match. You can tell both guys are happy to be in there with someone who wants to be stiff. It was no Roman/Brock, but definitely harder-hitting than your usual tv match. Pretty much everything in this match looked good, and the finish didn't bother me. They're setting up Sheamus/Dolph and Barrett/Bryan for ER, so the non-finish made sense. The blood added a lot, and Sheamus was perfect with his douche-y mannerisms putting little effort into getting Bryan back in the ring and happily settling for the count out win. Honestly, Barrett should take notes from Corey Graves, retire before his arm falls off, and embrace his true calling as an announcer.

I'd be delighted if we got PPV's over here called by a special British announce team of Barrett and Regal. It's not fair that the Spanish, French and Germans get to avoid JBL and Cole ruining matches.

And at some point during a title match, we'd hear Barrett say, 'I'm getting a phone call. Hold on... Yeah? ... The money's transfered? ... Right. Excuse me, Regal. I have business to attend to,' and he gets into the ring and elbows both the champion and the challenger into oblivion. It worked surprisingly well in FCW, even if the delivery was wooden.

This suddenly has turned into my favorite feud.

Kofi Kingston ‏@TrueKofi  22m22 minutes ago

That’s “PhD” and “who’s” RT @TitusONeilWWE: @4someone whose getting a PHD The Dog Bark& OMEGAPSIPHI are on college Campuses&Communities…

Kofi Kingston ‏@TrueKofi  22m22 minutes ago

You’re on college campuses? Hopefully you aren’t the one teaching the classes… @TitusONeilWWE

Xavier Woods ‏@XavierWoodsPhD  5m5 minutes ago

Ah @TitusONeilWWE it was my understanding that membership dues were paid... with money... to have friends... in a fraternity #GDI #NewDay

When they are in Richmond, they should totally do tag-team lumberjack match where the ring is surrounded by frat guys from Virginia Union.

Shit, can we just drop the damn writing and let PTP's and New Day do this whole fued? Those tweets did more to get me interested in New Day than the last six months of TV have.

Twitter-based feuds are a real life/mainstream media phenomenon that most people are already familiar with. It's time for a wrestling feud to be fully built via twitter. All you have to do is make sure all the fans know/see the tweets, and that's as easy as putting screenshots on the Titantron. It eliminates the dumb scripted promos, it condenses their slice of weekly programming time (so you can work more/other stuff in), it's clearly interesting stuff because we're all enjoying it. And it's totally believable because celebrities do this shit all the time, only without SETTLING IT IN THE RING so there you go, you have something you can sell.

Damn, how is WWE not doing this all the time already? They love fawning over tweets and twitter!

I can't see making a live audience read tweets on a big screen as a good idea. It just sounds extremely lazy also.

I'd be delighted if we got PPV's over here called by a special British announce team of Barrett and Regal. It's not fair that the Spanish, French and Germans get to avoid JBL and Cole ruining matches.

You don't know what you're wishing for. As annoying as Cole and JBL are, they are still preferable to the German announcers.

All I've watched so far is the Harper vs. Ambrose match. And Byron Saxton is worse than Cole.

"It's like if anarchy and chaos went on a blind date!"

"Ambrose's mind is a cocoon of chaos!"

What the fuck do these things even mean?

I was a little disappointed in Harper-Ambrose.  For two guys I like a great deal, it felt a little awkward until the final brawling segment.  I'm putting most of this on Harper, too, he just didn't look right, took a terrible bump off a snap mare that just looked awful.

Natty-Naomi was surprisingly all right.

I think I skipped past everything else, saving Bryan-Sheamus for later.