DVDVR Message Board

[MM15] R1: BIG RYCK vs. RUSEV

BIG RYCK vs. RUSEV  

108 members have voted

1. 1. WHO DO YOU CHOOSE IN THIS HOSS BATTLE?

Big Ryck would advance against pretty much anyone else but Rusev has had a phenomenal year

Wait, that is the dude with the shoulders right?  I'm going to try to watch these matches when I get home, but I'm skeptical that he is anywhere near good.

Rusev has been a revelation. It's obvious that he really "gets" pro wrestling, and has taken a gimmick that would have been death for a lesser performer and made it a highlight of Raw every week. He sells about as well as anyone. He made people care about Jack Swagger. 

I caught some Lucha Underground and really enjoyed Big Ryck.

But like everyone said: Rusev is awesome. He and Lana have taken a pretty stock act -- invading obnoxious foreigners -- and turned it into one of the best parts of my week. Rusev's not a huge man by wrestling standards but looks like an absolute monster because of his strength and agility. His strikes are great. We also haven't seen him break out the big splash from the top he used in NXT a few times. He's a great wrestler and I'm glad he has this year's "Cena Wins For The Kids And Troops!" match at WrestleMania, which I'm sure is going to be great. Their Fast Lane match was really good and felt/looked like a test run for something bigger and better -- like a sleeper MOTYC type thing.

I hope Rusev gets the World Title this year. I also can't wait for the inevitable "RUSEV CRUSH!" face turn. If Brock stays... I'd love to see Lana say that as Heyman panics to no end.

Rusev is probably the most underrated guy in the WWE right now.  He's come a long way from his time in NXT.  Is he the best non-indy guy to come out of FCW/NXT?

My immediate reaction was Bray, but my next immediate reaction was "Nah, Rusev."

Awww shit. Crappy draw for Big Ryck.

This is beyond saving for Ryck but I thought I would offer up one of the finest bits of hossery this year. His booking in this 10 man was just about perfect.

For some reason I thought he destroyed Mascarita Sagrada with a lariat in this match but it must have been another one. Oh well, goodnight sweet prince. I voted Rusev. Now I cry tears of burly sadness.

I never thought I'd say this about the former Ezekiel Jackson, but I really like him as Big Ryck.  Too bad he is going up against the man I think was the best all around wrestler in the United States over the last year. 

Rusev is probably the most underrated guy in the WWE right now.  He's come a long way from his time in NXT.  Is he the best non-indy guy to come out of FCW/NXT?

Underrated by whom? He's well loved here and in most of the IWC. He gets great heel heat, and he's making his Wrestlemania singles match debut against John Cena so the company doesn't underrate him.

As for best non-indy guy I'd say it's between him and Bray Wyatt , I'd give Rusev the nod though because he doesn't come from a wrestling family like Wyatt does