DVDVR Message Board

MARCH 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If Roman loses and therefore makes the past three months pointless...where does Roman go?

There's still time to audible Rusev going over Cena, then having Reigns go after the US title and being the first to pin Rusev, which is what he should've been doing at Mania anyway.

There's a thought, and I'm not sure if it's their thought or our thought or Austin's podcast thought, that Reigns needs to "pay dues" with the fans, and part of that would be to lose at Mania to Brock so that he could be built back up and try the next year like Shawn in 95-96.

I'm not so sure that would work. The fall of Reigns would have to equal the rise for the anti-Reigns contingent to be happy. So he's basically jobbing to everyone under the sun until Survivor Series, then you'd have two months to rebuild him to be credible winner. Then you have to find a way to make him more over than the Mr. Brie Bella so the same situation doesn't happen again

Roman goes back to the drawing board. Maybe he continues his feud with Rollins since that's who he's been feuding with more than Brock in the lead up to WrestleMania.

Look, it's as simple as coming out the next night and saying he gave it his best shot, but he will never give up and he noticed something in his match with Brock that he feels will give him an advantage the next time he gets a chance at him. Then out comes Rollins or Sheamus or whoever the fuck to feud with him.

That makes him like John Cena. Isn't that a no-no?

There's a thought, and I'm not sure if it's their thought or our thought or Austin's podcast thought, that Reigns needs to "pay dues" with the fans, and part of that would be to lose at Mania to Brock so that he could be built back up and try the next year like Shawn in 95-96.

I'm not so sure that would work. The fall of Reigns would have to equal the rise for the anti-Reigns contingent to be happy. So he's basically jobbing to everyone under the sun until Survivor Series, then you'd have two months to rebuild him to be credible winner. Then you have to find a way to make him more over than the Mr. Brie Bella so the same situation doesn't happen again

You are everything that's wrong with WWE creative, all in this post.

That's what they want him to be anyway. It's fits right in.

Of course, if I booked it, I would have Reigns go out and naturally say that he lost, but he's going to climb that mountain again and he's going to do it over the bodies of anyone and everyone that gets in his way, whether if it's Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan, Rusev, John Cena, Big Show, Dean Ambrose etc.

Then just start having him smash guys and be a general badass again.

Of course that would NEVER happen because that shithead Vince has his hands all over ruining him.

Burgundy LaRue, on 25 Mar 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

Brysynner, on 25 Mar 2015 - 08:13 AM, said:

If Roman loses and therefore makes the past three months pointless...where does Roman go?

I've asked the same thing, and I've yet to see a decent answer.  That's why the whole 'de-push him now, it's best for him in the long run' spiel doesn't ring true to me. 

I'd say Roman gets mauled by Brock to set up Brock/Rock. Then Seth losses his cash in attempt at some point. After they realize they can't beat Brock on their own they see their only shot is to get the band back together. I would have Ambrose be really reluctant of rejoining, but have him come up short in getting IC title off Bryan and snap.

The Shield could put an epic beat down on Cena and Bryan when they reform. That would lead to Reigns beating Cena for the US title, and by that time that win should be enough to reestablish Reigns as a top player. Plus reforming the Shield as the top heel faction gets rid of the shitty ass Authority which is a must going forward if their product is going to improve.

• Like 3

I'm thinking the shield does reform.  That gives you 3 top heels for the next year to interchange in any variety of championship matches on the lesser ppvs, along with the 4th being rusev who would be on a separate path I assume. 

Though this may devalue both rollins and reigns a bit, but who knows, that faction was so over at the end that it might just elevate them more. Especially if they go on and win singles belts and singles matches more often than just 6 man tags.

I'd say Roman gets mauled by Brock to set up Brock/Rock. Then Seth losses his cash in attempt at some point. After they realize they can't beat Brock on their own they see their only shot is to get the band back together. I would have Ambrose be really reluctant of rejoining, but have him come up short in getting IC title off Bryan and snap.

The Shield could put an epic beat down on Cena and Bryan when they reform. That would lead to Reigns beating Cena for the US title, and by that time that win should be enough to reestablish Reigns as a top player. Plus reforming the Shield as the top heel faction gets rid of the shitty ass Authority which is a must going forward if their product is going to improve.

They broke up The Shield too soon, though I sort of understand the reason behind the decision.  They'll eventually get back together.  Not sure if now is the right time to get the band back together--but overall, I like your idea.  And if they're serious about using the Freebird rule again, may as well bring back the most popular faction they've had in some time to take advantage of it.

Im pretty sure the only way to avoid a huge backlash on Reigns winning Sunday is the Shield reformation. First Rollins comes out looking like he is cashing in, the Ambrose comes out looking like he is going to stop him. Then the three of them put the boots to Lesnar, with Heyman running the show.

• Like 4

Why not just have Reigns win with Heyman's help, like Heyman hands Reigns brass knuckles, distracts the ref, Reigns nails a Superman Punch and then just ground and pounds Lesnar into near unconsciousness which allows him to hit the Spear and win?

Then on RAW Heyman explains that the 37 year old signed his final contract for less than what he made from this previous contract. With Brock making less money and having less opportunities to do anything other than wrestle, Brock is useless to Paul Heyman. So Paul did what was best for Paul Heyman. Become the new advocate for the Conquerer of the Beast, the Samoan Badass, and YOUR Undisputed REIGNing, WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns. And this is not just a benefit for Paul Heyman. No this is a benefit for Roman Reigns. Because the power of Laughing 4 Larry production is already marketing Roman Reigns with (Insert Heyman Hustle Girls names here). Roman Reigns has the "it" factor, Roman has youth on his side, Roman has the family background, and now Roman Reigns has the GREATEST ADVOCATE in the world, Paul Heyman.

Lesnar eventually asks for his rematch on RAW and Reigns retains after the Usos help Roman take down the Beast.

So you have a reason for Heyman and Reigns to work together and you've kept up the mystique of Brock as he takes more brass knux shots to the head and body than anyone ever has prior and the next night it takes Reigns and the former WWE tag team champions to beat Brock

• Like 1

I couldn't even get mad about Sami Zayn losing because it was to the only guy I personally think he had a good argument for losing to. 

There was barely any spite voting or trolling either. 

Watching NXT and NJPW this year has made me a happier person, I guess.

Why not just have Reigns win with Heyman's help, like Heyman hands Reigns brass knuckles, distracts the ref, Reigns nails a Superman Punch and then just ground and pounds Lesnar into near unconsciousness which allows him to hit the Spear and win?

Then on RAW Heyman explains that the 37 year old signed his final contract for less than what he made from this previous contract. With Brock making less money and having less opportunities to do anything other than wrestle, Brock is useless to Paul Heyman. So Paul did what was best for Paul Heyman. Become the new advocate for the Conquerer of the Beast, the Samoan Badass, and YOUR Undisputed REIGNing, WWE World Heavyweight Champion, Roman Reigns. And this is not just a benefit for Paul Heyman. No this is a benefit for Roman Reigns. Because the power of Laughing 4 Larry production is already marketing Roman Reigns with (Insert Heyman Hustle Girls names here). Roman Reigns has the "it" factor, Roman has youth on his side, Roman has the family background, and now Roman Reigns has the GREATEST ADVOCATE in the world, Paul Heyman.

Lesnar eventually asks for his rematch on RAW and Reigns retains after the Usos help Roman take down the Beast.

So you have a reason for Heyman and Reigns to work together and you've kept up the mystique of Brock as he takes more brass knux shots to the head and body than anyone ever has prior and the next night it takes Reigns and the former WWE tag team champions to beat Brock

I like this idea.  It's pretty much my favourite fantasy booking on this board that hasn't been proposed by myself, or included Bunkhouse Buck.

Not nearly enough bitching and moaning during March Madness this year. We have embraced lucha and puro, and turned into a bunch of nicer people in the process. Shit.

Fuck you!

This is bullshit anyway. I was called out directly more than once for my complaining.

Also Rollins still had a better year than Nak bye