DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

The crowd hating on Eva Marie is the best thing to ever happen to her. She'll be instantly the most hated heel in NXT if she can carry that role. It's like the Bo Dallas transformation or what happened with the New Day, but before she's actually even wrestled. I get that it's "you're awful at wrestling" heat right now but that's easy enough to manipulate.

Simplest way is to have Eva win the belt from Sasha. Then have her get intentionally DQ'd or counted out every match.

Not gonna lie:  That'd be outstanding.

Am I the only one who thinks the Vaudevillains are fine for NXT, but would never work on the main roster? I like both guys, I like the gimmick, but I can't see them doing very well opposite, say, the PTP or the Usos.

• Like 1

Is it me or has Adam Rose lost a significant amount of weight?

I've noticed this over the past month, too. His abdomen looks like it's collapsed. It's kinda scary, honestly. Based on what we learned about his life on E:60 and how badly this past year played out for him, I wouldn't be shocked to find out the dude has developed an eating disorder from stress or something.

• Like 1

Marcos Louis was probably my favorite thing on this show. So goofy, so terrible. He def crossed the so bad it's good line with this gimmick.

I thought he was suppose to be the mysterious guy behind the curtains and windows stalking every time there were a Tyler Breeze match because Breeze called him a hideous uggo or something like that.   I guess they gave up on that idea

The crowd hating on Eva Marie is the best thing to ever happen to her. She'll be instantly the most hated heel in NXT if she can carry that role. It's like the Bo Dallas transformation or what happened with the New Day, but before she's actually even wrestled. I get that it's "you're awful at wrestling" heat right now but that's easy enough to manipulate.

Simplest way is to have Eva win the belt from Sasha. Then have her get intentionally DQ'd or counted out every match.

Even then, I don't think it'd make her as big a mega-heel just by virtue of getting DQ'ed/counted out. By contrast, if Eva Marie was actually facing the top NXT women out there and beating each one, clean as a sheet? The crowd would get more and more furious as it happened.

Why waste Eva Marie's peak as being a Honky Tonk Man- type hated heel when she could become the women's answer to Jeff Jarrett or Triple H in the mid-2000s?

Am I the only one who thinks the Vaudevillains are fine for NXT, but would never work on the main roster? I like both guys, I like the gimmick, but I can't see them doing very well opposite, say, the PTP or the Usos.

I'd be more worried about the announcers, mainly JBL, burying the fuck out of them. 

Even then, I don't think it'd make her as big a mega-heel just by virtue of getting DQ'ed/counted out. By contrast, if Eva Marie was actually facing the top NXT women out there and beating each one, clean as a sheet? The crowd would get more and more furious as it happened.

Why waste Eva Marie's peak as being a Honky Tonk Man- type hated heel when she could become the women's answer to Jeff Jarrett or Triple H in the mid-2000s?

Eva as a NXT version of NWA-TNA version of Jeff Jarrett would be awesome.

Nope.  I love both guys, but given how well Adam Rose and Emma went  in front of the main crowds, their best hope is the tag team equivalent of Santino, but the Matadors are a more likely comparison.

Caught up on last week.

1.) I figured out the problem with Blake/Murphy: they feel like a TNA tag team. Poor guys.

2.) Crowe really needs to have a Popeye gimmick.

I really felt they seemed more like a WCW Worldwide team like Disorderly Conduct or the Barrio Brothers personally.  

• Like 1

Blake and Murphy really are T&A, just without any prior failed pushes. Bliss will be on to better things by next year, and those two will still be trying to find something that works in the midcard.

Caught up on last week.

1.) I figured out the problem with Blake/Murphy: they feel like a TNA tag team. Poor guys.

2.) Crowe really needs to have a Popeye gimmick.

I really felt they seemed more like a WCW Worldwide team like Disorderly Conduct or the Barrio Brothers personally.  

I've always thought of them as a less interesting High Voltage

• Like 2