DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2015 THREAD

RIPPA

*Because if all he does it just smoke fools, he won't be a heel for long. Brock has the best heel promo on the planet at his back and he's just barely not a face right now.

Part of that though is that WWE has fucked up Reigns' push so badly. If it were Lesnar/Bryan, Brock would be the most massively over heel in the company.

Oh no, not Reigns/Bryan/Lesnar talk in our sweet little NXT thread. I've stopped watching any current WWE shows except for NXT and only sweep through the RAW/WM threads when bored; I think I got my fill talking about it during DVDVR March Madness.

Instead, let's discuss more mid-level face opponent options for Kevin Owens. Or puppies!

• Like 1

Goldust doesn't seem up to much these days. Let him have a run with Owens. He seems to transitioning out of an on screen roll so let him put over someone on the rise while he does. Plus the match would be amazing.

Oh and Irish wolf hounds are the best puppies.

Goldust is a great idea. I was trying to think of guys that are solid in ring, but that could use a trip down to refine their character work ala Tyson Kidd, too. Maybe Erick Rowan could go back down and work Owens for a bit?

I'm a Catahoula Leopard type of man myself. 

Goldust doesn't seem up to much these days. Let him have a run with Owens. He seems to transitioning out of an on screen roll so let him put over someone on the rise while he does. Plus the match would be amazing.

Oh and Irish wolf hounds are the best puppies.

Well if I remember correctly that was the first feud of Shemaus's career was against Golddust in ECW.  Thought he also worked with Swagger in ECW but could be wrong

I'm all in on an eventual Baron Corbin vs. Kevin Owens feud. Take my money. But, the keyword is eventual. Like, in a few months. I see a lot of potential in Corbin but he really needs to work with other guys that are at a higher level, in-ring wise, before he moves up to Owens. I think that could be a "slobberknocker". :P

I think Owens/Corbin is a lock. Owens bullies people all over the place until Baron comes out for the 'pick on someone your own size' moment. And I think Owens will probably hand him his first loss too. Cause he's got to still be champ for Owens/Zayn 2, right?

I'd say by December Corbin could be ready for Owens, but I wouldn't rush it. They could probably get a couple more Zayn/Owens matches at the specials, and I imagine some sort of gimmick match to blow it off. I wouldn't mind seeing Breeze or Itami get a shot at Owens once they've built up some momentum.

Talent like Corbin and Alexa Bliss are in a rough spot because the level the fans in NXT expect from the top male and female performers is as high(or in the case of the women much higher) than what's expected out of talent on the main roster. Alexa basically has to step in and follow the greatest series of matches in modern WWE women's history.

Owens/Balor was great but I don't think I've ever seen a match lose more by being taped and in the can for a month. Logistics be damned, WWE should've done a live special for this match because this would've been edge of your seat stuff.

Also, if WWE doesn't manage to make money off Alexa Bliss they should get out of the money-making business.

• Like 1

Also, if WWE doesn't manage to make money off Alexa Bliss they should get out of the money-making business.

I agree with you but we are just as worried on how Bayley will work in the WWE and only an idiot could lose money on that.  If Vince and Kevin Dunn can't figure out anything with her then Bliss is screwed

I see someone who's been training for less than 2 years, has tons of athleticism, and is some kind of WWE Supergirl/Disney Princess hybrid. She isn't a finished product at all but at the same time she's better than most of the Divas are and more enjoyable to watch. I realize I'm probably higher on her than most but I think she has potential to be absolutely huge. I said a few months ago that her and Bayley could be WWE's version of the Crush Gals, to some degree, by getting young girls to become fans and I fully stand by that.

Obviously, WWE will advertise WM on as many of their shows as they can, but all the ads and run-downs of the matches was really getting in the way of my NXT bliss.

Looking forward to seeing Owens beat up Demon Bálor too. I thought Owens/Bálor was solid, mostly because I enjoy Owens's heel control segments because his offense + someone willing to bump and do a little selling = entertaining. I felt like they went to the chinlocks kinda early, but maybe it's my problem for expecting a longer match or something. Bálor is a guy who I don't really enjoy on offense at all, but since they obviously had less/shorter segments with him in control, it was cool. I will say that Finn pretty much ignoring the legwork to go on a flurry of leg-based crappy offense sucked, though. I know that it's part of WWE style to drop damage during face comebacks, but he could have at least immediately sold the leg after countering with the double stomp. 

Banks/Bliss was great when Banks was talking shit, twisting Bliss up, and doing stuff like the rope-to-rope slap or grinding her boot into Bliss's heel. It sucked when Bliss was trying to do overly-complex offense that she's not good at. The sunset flip was crisp and the slap was loud, but other than that, she was doing stuff that she couldn't do with Sasha Banks acting as not exactly the best base for that type of offense.

The backstage stuff ruled hard this week. Emma was great slapping some sense into Bayley, Breeze was his usual entertaining self, and the 2/3 falls match should be good. I liked the Owens and Balor promos, and the Cass and Enzo segment was gold.

Bliss has a bunch of "unique offense", but I'm not sure she knows when or why to use it. Once she figures out what works and what doesn't she should be fine.

Really liked the main those guys will do nothing but get better working matches like that.

I really liked the main event. Owens felt a lot like Flair to me in this one, and it went beyond all his knee work. There was an early Finn flurry and he was really doing a lot of great near fall kickouts and the like that were very much like a Flair title defense against Brian Pillman or some such. I wish Finn did at least a few "shake the pain out of the leg" things before going on offense during the comeback. But I loved how the earlier damage came into play during the end, leading to KO's victory. I also loved KO threatening the apron powerbomb in the match itself.

Finn's just a matter of "less is more" in my eyes. He's toned down the really overdramatic entrance. And his matches seem a lot tighter -- the drama is in the competition and not in him trying to act dramatic.

Bliss and Sasha was really good, too. Sasha's just awesome every way right now. Bliss is where Sasha was right when Banks joined the BFFs. She's confident in doing her moves and is now really acting naturally in her reactions -- I loved the whole conceit where she realized she couldn't win by countout, really went on the attack and then lost the map when she couldn't get the pinfall when she thought she had it locked up.

"You shoulda gone to Jaret!"

Yeah, don't think Finn should have done the dropkick there at the end and then rushed up top. Kind have spaced that out a little bit. 

Great show. And yeah, Bliss has potential. She's drop-dead gorgeous and has good athleticism. However, really looking forward to the Emma v Bayley blood feud. All the dollars for that one. 

These matches must have both gone last at the tapings, because that crowd was dead. The majority of Bliss/Sasha and the first half of Balor/Owens could have been empty-arena matches and you wouldn't have noticed. Both matches deserved a lot better. It's too bad they came up with that San Jose show so late, because a 5000 seat arena filled with Mania-weekend die-hards would've made a perfect live special venue for both of these matches plus the tag titles and Itami/Breeze 2/3 falls.

I don't know if 6 matches is a big enough sample size, but I'm gonna throw it out there any way. Kevin Owens is the best wrestler in WWE right now.

I don't know if 6 matches is a big enough sample size, but I'm gonna throw it out there any way. Kevin Owens is the best wrestler in WWE right now.

I don't know that I agree, but they've definitely been good enough that I don't feel the need to argue.

Liked Sasha/Alexa a lot as a good 5 minute match. Alexa's code red/sunset bomb was fantastic and Sasha just continues to be the best. Emma stole the show with that slap. Wasn't expecting that but found it hilarious and awesome. Emma rules. Main event was good. Nice hope spots for Balor and I dug Owens' superplex counter. Finish came a little sudden after the double stomp but good stuff overall.