DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I'm not saying RGIII, McNabb or that fat bitch Haynesworth are infallible.  I just wanted to know how Shanny is getting a free pass for being an egomaniac.  The fact that people are looking at his comments and thinking they could have any bearing on reality is just plain silly.  That dude lives in a world where he is smart, and every other person is fucking dumb.  He spent his whole time in D.C. telling huge whoopers and expecting everyone to believe them.  Why the hell would anyone believe anything that dude says?

So L.A. is going from no football team for 20 years to suddenly possibly getting the Chargers AND the Raiders in 2016.

So they will be getting one football team then. . . . :)

Two teams that I despise and will have no chance of ever rooting for, but hey double the amount of times the Panthers will come to town absolutely works for me.

• Like 1

Interesting little tid bit

If the league approves it and the shared stadium happens - due to league rules - one team would have to go to the NFC

Thus an NFC team would have to agree to move to the AFC (now if the Rams moved too - the easy solution is flip them and Chargers)

Ugh, two 49ers vs. Raiders games per season.  No Fucking Thanks.

The local pissing contest betwixt fans is tiresome enough as it is (and yes, in classic Battered Spouse Syndrome fashion, most Raider fans in Northern California would continue to support the team that left town on them now twice in this scenario).

As much as I'd like to claim it was Ray Rice, or all the other Above The Law shit these guys pull, or the concussions, or even the growing sense that it's actually a work that most put me off to football, it's really just having to live in a two team market and listen to the pathetic, earnestly delivered tribal behavior from the "rival" fan bases (done even with both teams suck, which for much of recent history has been the case).  There were parking lot stabbings at the fucking PRESEASON GAME, which Jed York and Amy Trask at the time fortunately then decided to cancel. 

Honestly the Raiders leaving again wouldn't bother me so much except that you just know they are "coincidentally" going to start winning again when they're in L.A.

I want to believe the other two team market is more civilized or at least self aware enough to dial it back when both teams are garbage but I imagine Jets fan and Giants fan interaction is somehow just as bad.

The choices to flip conferences would most likely be either Seattle (who originally came from the AFC West) or the Cards (who started in the NFC East so it's not like they have long histories with anyone.

Again - the Rams are probably the wild card in all of this. If they move somewhere West - than the NFL would most likely flip them.

Again - the Rams are probably the wild card in all of this. If they move somewhere West - than the NFL would most likely flip them.

The cocktease of moving the Rams back to LA yet out of the NFC West so that the traditional 49ers/Rams SF vs LA rivalry somehow becomes even deader than it was is so consistent with what I expect from the NFL it has an illusory quality of making actual sense.

Especially since teams shifting conferences would be completely superfluous/unnecessary in the Rams & Chargers to LA scenario.

also from a traditional rivalry standpoint the AFC West is just like the NFC North in that it should never be fucked with or split up or altered in any way, ever.

So of course they'll fuck with it.

also from a traditional rivalry standpoint the AFC West is just like the NFC North in that it should never be fucked with or split up or altered in any way, ever.

So of course they'll fuck with it.

The NFL should put the Rams back, and move the Chargers. . .  Al Davis and his seed already had the market, they can go fuck themselves. . . 

You are actually wrong on a technicality because due to the recent change in calendar year, drafting Jamarcus and DHB are now outside the five year window :P

[it still doesn't crack Top 5 though, admittedly]

Just blow up the whole thing and re draw the entire league.

They could get a couple weeks worth of TV out of a "Divisonal Draw" on ESPN.

Monday - AFC and NFC North

Tuesday - AFC and NFC East

Wednesday - AFC and NFC South

Thursday - AFC and NFC West

Don't forget the Saturday night recap show where we answer the question, "Who are the winners and losers of the Divisional Draw?"  

• Like 2