DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The Browns are changing logos. (???)

The helmets will remain the same - as per the agreement Lerner signed when he bought the team - but everything else, from font to mascot will be updated. 

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cards and Larry Fitzgerald are close to agreeing on a multi-year deal that will make Fitzgerald a Card for life

Why does Fitz insist on doing that to himself--it can't be ALL about the money. 

EDIT:  I sort of like the Jags' new training facility.  *runs and hides*

Adam Schefter is reporting that the Cards and Larry Fitzgerald are close to agreeing on a multi-year deal that will make Fitzgerald a Card for life

Why does Fitz insist on doing that to himself--it can't be ALL about the money. 

Stockholm syndrome. . . .

• Like 1

So Fitzgerald deal is supposedly done - full details aren't released but

He will get $11 million guaranteed the next two seasons which will give the Cards $13 million in cap space this year.

The Browns are changing logos. (???)

The helmets will remain the same - as per the agreement Lerner signed when he bought the team - but everything else, from font to mascot will be updated. 

Finally adding a turd huh?

How dare you...get me to laugh out loud at work about my favorite team being represented by a literal piece of shit.

• Like 1

Clarification on the Jags new practice facility. The upper field will be a community field. The bottom open field is for outdoor practices and there's a second practice field which has a retractable glass wall which will be used for practices when the weather is shitty.

Oh God Bless the Redskins

Jay Gruden just announced that RG3 is their starting QB for 2015

The rest of the NFC East rejoices

Umm...are we still pretending that Cousins and McCoy are NFL quarterbacks?  RGIII is imperfect, but he is clearly the best choice for them next season.  Those other guys have reached their ceilings, RGIII has not.  They might as well have announced that the field is made of grass, because at this point that is what they have so that is what they're going to use.

The point is that when the season ended - Gruden flat out said there was going to be an open competition for the QB job (be it those 3 or a FA or someone they draft). They then made a big show about FINALLY hiring a GM.

Now less than 2 months later - no competition, RG3 is back and it has the owner's hands all over it.

And I would take Cousins' constant interceptions over RG3's injuries and constantly throwing the ball at his receivers feet.

This is my life as a non-Redskins fan in the DC area, I try to bring some logic, they come with the "I'd rather my quarterback throw the ball to the other team."  I'd take RGIII over every quarterback the Browns have had in my lifetime not named Bernie Kosar.

This is my life as a non-Redskins fan in the DC area, I try to bring some logic, they come with the "I'd rather my quarterback throw the ball to the other team."  I'd take RGIII over every quarterback the Browns have had in my lifetime not named Bernie Kosar.

Testaverde_Vinny5_Browns.jpg

Well its amusing that you think I am a Skins first of all.

And secondly - I wouldn't want any of their QBs.

But if I am choosing between the 3 they currently have (though technically McCoy is a FA so he isn't really an option) - I am taking the guy who statistically lead the offense to more points and took less sacks. (And the turnovers were close since Robert wasn't afraid to fumble a lot near the end.)

In regards to Browns QBs in my lifetime - I would take Kosar, Garcia, Campbell, Delhomme, Rypien and Testaverde

• Like 1

I find this back and forth to be pretty funny.

Hey - don't make me look at Lions QBs in my lifetime

Other than Matthew Stafford, what Lion's QB would you rather have than RGIII?  Any Bears fans want to answer?  Raiders?  Buccaneers?

RGIII is imperfect, but he is clearly the best choice for them next season.  Those other guys have reached their ceilings, RGIII has not. 

I'm not sure how you could come to this conclusion.  If you watch them play, it seems like you've probably seen the best of RG3.  What made him a passing threat was his threat of running and with the injuries, it's not as much of a threat anymore.  As a pure passer, he's terrible.  I wouldn't want Cousins either but if you held a gun to my head I'd probably take him over RG3.  But the big problem is that with all of the drama and distractions that the Snyder/RG3/Insert Head Coach here triangle has caused they should probably be looking at a minimum at having an open competition and trying to bring in someone from the outside and potentially completely cutting bait with RG3.  

• Like 1

It makes me sad to admit I would rather have RGIII than EJ, though its probably closer than anyone would think. As for Bills QB's since Kelly? Maybe Orton, Shitzpatrick and Bledsoe, though none are exactly great; don't even get me started on the rest of that shit parade. . . .

If Delhomme had been on the Browns two years earlier, he would be their best QB ever and it's not close.

Kosar and Otto fucking Graham were better, but sadly Delhomme would be in the running for third.  All those guys that Rippa named were decent quarterbakcs...before and/or after they were Browns.  There are some teams that are snakebit when it comes to quarterbacks.

Interesting bit I came across on reddit today.  

If Kiper was 100% accurate with his last 5 initial mock drafts, here's who your team would have picked:

B-IP721IUAA4bJg.png

I know Anthony Davis is an offensive lineman and a pretty good one, but I had a good chuckle at imagining the ghost of Al Davis trying to draft The Brow in the first round of the NFL Draft.