DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

It isn't fair, but I think if Watt had broken the sack record and made the playoffs, he could have won.  I say it isn't fair, but realistically speaking a defensive player will have to have literally one of the greatest seasons ever by a player at their position, and hope there isn't an offensive 'stand out'.  It is similar to a pitcher winning in MLB, voters like to give it to players that touch the ball more and lead to offense, not defensive and less visible positions.  So it could happen, the stars would just have to align.

And in 2012 you had the winner almost brake a record most think is highly unlikely to be broken.

I don't begrudge AD the mvp (the father of the year trophy on the other hand...) my point is just that Watt did everything you could possibly ask a defender to in 2012 and got jackshit. This is progress, but in a year when he was this fucking good and nobody has a historic season at qb or rb... If not this year, when?

Defensive players just can't win mvp anymore. Not that they ever did all that often.

We should probably just accept the fact that a defensive player will never win another MVP award, no matter how much they might deserve it.

Yeah, if Watt didn't win with the season he just had then what does a defensive player have to do to win? That said, it's not like Rodgers was a bad choice, just incredibly unimaginative.

Convert to QB.

• Like 1

We should probably just accept the fact that a defensive player will never win another MVP award, no matter how much they might deserve it.

Yeah, if Watt didn't win with the season he just had then what does a defensive player have to do to win? That said, it's not like Rodgers was a bad choice, just incredibly unimaginative.

Convert to QB.

We also would have accepted making the playoffs. . . 

• Like 1

It's hard to see a bright side in this, but at least he is voluntarily getting the help he needs. Everyone has a right to try and better themselves free of scorn. While I selfishly hope this leads to him fixing it on the field, I would settle for him ending up a healthier, better person.

• Like 1