DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The veteran combine seems to be about 20 years overdue.  There are probably hundreds of guys who were too immature or injured during their first opportunity, and never got another chance.  I eagerly await the first feel good, I thought my dream died, comeback story.

He is also better than Josh McCown

This is true, but I'd rather them sign someone that they know isn't a long term answer rather than deluding themselves in to thinking Hoyer deserves starter money and snaps. This is just a terrible team making a bad signing, which I can live with. Hoyer would actively set the franchise back (further than it already is somehow).

Lions have announced they won't franchise Suh. That's the right decision, IMHO. I'm not sure I'd pay him the JJ Watt contract he wants either.

Brian Hoyer is not an NFL starting quarterback, the Browns should not offer him a long term contract.  Josh McCown is also terrible, but probably considerably cheaper than Hoyer.  Hoyer wants to be a starter and make starter money, but then again so do I.  That doesn't mean they should pay him or me that money.

• Like 1

Lions have announced they won't franchise Suh. That's the right decision, IMHO. I'm not sure I'd pay him the JJ Watt contract he wants either.

The money is too much, but he's the best player on the team and losing him guts that defense...

Andre Johnson to be cut or traded from Texans.

I'm crushed. But with his contract it was inevitable. No idea what the Texans do at WR other than draft someone high. I'm guessing he ends up reuniting with Kubiak in Denver or goes to the Raiders, where all old WRs go.

Not a huge story for you guys in the States but wishing good luck to Jarryd Hayne on his deal with the 49ers.

He is a 2 time Australian National Rugby League MVP winner (2009 and 2014) and one of the most explosive running players the game has seen.

He is 27 so time is not on his side but its an amazing step for a player of his status to take and I think every Aussie hopes he has all the success in the world.

That's actually pretty neat.

I remember at one point, fairly late in his career at that, the Boston Red Sox were scouting Adam Gilchrist. I just can't wrap my head around that.

• Like 1

Andre Johnson to be cut or traded from Texans.

I'm crushed. But with his contract it was inevitable. No idea what the Texans do at WR other than draft someone high. I'm guessing he ends up reuniting with Kubiak in Denver or goes to the Raiders, where all old WRs go.

Indy or New England are apparently in the lead for him...