DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Even Kiper's mock drafts had the sense to try and move on from RG3. They should dump a receiver. Their payroll at the position is at 25 million already. Paying receivers 1/6 of your cap with a 1 read qb doesn't make a lot of sense.

The Browns are changing logos. (???)

The helmets will remain the same - as per the agreement Lerner signed when he bought the team - but everything else, from font to mascot will be updated.

Finally adding a turd huh?
How dare you...get me to laugh out loud at work about my favorite team being represented by a literal piece of shit.The new logo is a photo of Art Modell sneaking out of town?
  • Like 1

The point is that when the season ended - Gruden flat out said there was going to be an open competition for the QB job (be it those 3 or a FA or someone they draft). They then made a big show about FINALLY hiring a GM.

Now less than 2 months later - no competition, RG3 is back and it has the owner's hands all over it.

Speaking of such things:

Mike Shanahan on RG3 and Daniel Snyder

I do think it's funny that Shanahan thinks it's somehow improper that a QB, even one with just one year of experience, should come to him and tell him what plays he likes and doesn't like.  GImme a break, Mike.

If Delhomme had been on the Browns two years earlier, he would be their best QB ever and it's not close.

Kosar and Otto fucking Graham were better, but sadly Delhomme would be in the running for third. All those guys that Rippa named were decent quarterbakcs...before and/or after they were Browns. There are some teams that are snakebit when it comes to quarterbacks.

I was mindful of those guys, but they played for the Ravens. ;)

• Like 3

If Delhomme had been on the Browns two years earlier, he would be their best QB ever and it's not close.

Kosar and Otto fucking Graham were better, but sadly Delhomme would be in the running for third. All those guys that Rippa named were decent quarterbakcs...before and/or after they were Browns. There are some teams that are snakebit when it comes to quarterbacks.

I wish you ill.

I wish you ill.

I have a wicked cold if it makes you feel any better.

It makes me sad to admit I would rather have RGIII than EJ, though its probably closer than anyone would think. As for Bills QB's since Kelly? Maybe Orton, Shitzpatrick and Bledsoe, though none are exactly great; don't even get me started on the rest of that shit parade. . . .

Let me guess, you were for benching Flutie?

• Like 1

It makes me sad to admit I would rather have RGIII than EJ, though its probably closer than anyone would think. As for Bills QB's since Kelly? Maybe Orton, Shitzpatrick and Bledsoe, though none are exactly great; don't even get me started on the rest of that shit parade. . . .

Let me guess, you were for benching Flutie?

Totally forgot about him actually; at the time I was  in favor of Rob Johnson, though I was younger and dumber then. . . 

Been following the Aaron Hernandez trial a little. If things looked bad for him before...Jeez. Now they actually have video of him dismantling his phone the day after Odin Lloyd died...outside the actual police station. I didn't know they also found Hernandez's rental car keys on Odin's body.

This man may be the dumbest murderer that ever lived. If he gets off, the justice system is even more screwed up than people think.

Interesting bit I came across on reddit today.  

If Kiper was 100% accurate with his last 5 initial mock drafts, here's who your team would have picked:

B-IP721IUAA4bJg.png

I know Anthony Davis is an offensive lineman and a pretty good one, but I had a good chuckle at imagining the ghost of Al Davis trying to draft The Brow in the first round of the NFL Draft. 

I'll go ahead and say I'm happy that the Niners didn't draft the way Kiper has them drafting. Seriously, look at that line.

I find this back and forth to be pretty funny.

Hey - don't make me look at Lions QBs in my lifetime

Other than Matthew Stafford, what Lion's QB would you rather have than RGIII? Any Bears fans want to answer? Raiders? Buccaneers?

To be fair, I'm two months older than the last Raiders Super Bowl win, so...

Off the top of my head...

Jim Plunkett

Rich Gannon

Jason Campbell

Carson Palmer

Derek Carr

That's based just on how they played as Raiders. I'd probably rather have Steve Beuerlein, Jay Schroeder, Vince Evans, Jeff George, Aaron Brooks, Kerry Collins, and Daunte Culpepper instead of RGIII too.

• Like 1

Wait, how did we get to the point where RGIII is a bigger egomaniac than Mike Shannahan?  Mike Shannahan got hired by the 'Skins and was clear from day one that he was the smartest person on earth according to him.  Do you guys not remember the whole Haynesworth thing, where he tried to claim that Haynesworth took money that he was contractually obligated to get?  He would have got that money even if they had cut him, but Shannahan tried to spin it that he stole money because he didn't go to voluntary workouts.  He went out of his way to alienate the highest paid player on his team so not only did they have to overpay that asshole, Haynesworth refused to try just to spite him.  Then they traded for McNabb, who was a shell of himself for sure, and he basically called him too dumb to play quarterback.  Any decision that wasn't his decision was automatically a bad decision.  Any player that wasn't his idea to sign, he immediately gave up on, even when they didn't have anyone close to replace him.  He should have been fired in the first six months of his tenure with the team, and he really should have been fired when his record over the same amount of time was equal to that of the immortal Jim Zorn. 

Wait, how did we get to the point where RGIII is a bigger egomaniac than Mike Shannahan?  

From Jason Reid's article in the Washington Post:

Griffin is one of the least self-aware people you’ll ever meet, and his ineptitude in the pocket the past two seasons was outmatched only by his ego.

He went out of his way to alienate the highest paid player on his team so not only did they have to overpay that asshole, Haynesworth refused to try just to spite him.

That's certainly a way to spin Fat Al supposedly saying to his teammates that he wanted to get cut after one season to sign another big contract.

Then they traded for McNabb, who was a shell of himself for sure, and he basically called him too dumb to play quarterback.

I guess you haven't seen McNabb on Twitter then...