DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

People seem to forget the Bills were 9-7 last year with no QB and no OL, they were on the cusp of the wildcard and the NFL may add one more next year.  McCoy is an upgrade at RB (goes without saying) and the Bills had a top ranked defense last year without Kiko.  My concern is more that I hope that money going to McCoy wasn't Hughes money or 'upgrade the OL' money.  Hughes is going to be expensive but I don't want to see any of the cogs from last year's defense gone.  And a new OL is a must, a lot of the issues with QB start there, Manuel plays average when he has protection and when the defense is great and the RB is great, all you need is an average QB.  If the Bills can still squeeze an upgrade on the OL (which wouldn't be hard) and sign Hughes I don't really see any downside.

What I am hearing is McCoy isn't mad about going to Buffalo, he is just mad period.  He didn't want to leave the Eagles.  Luckily Rex is a 'player's coach' so until he doesn't show up to training camp I will assume that things will smooth over once the shock wears away.  No real opinion on the Cassel trade because who cares.

I'm hoping for that, and that Rex somehow lands Revis isle as well. . . .

People seem to forget the Bills were 9-7 last year with no QB and no OL, they were on the cusp of the wildcard and the NFL may add one more next year.  McCoy is an upgrade at RB (goes without saying) and the Bills had a top ranked defense last year without Kiko.  My concern is more that I hope that money going to McCoy wasn't Hughes money or 'upgrade the OL' money.  Hughes is going to be expensive but I don't want to see any of the cogs from last year's defense gone.  And a new OL is a must, a lot of the issues with QB start there, Manuel plays average when he has protection and when the defense is great and the RB is great, all you need is an average QB.  If the Bills can still squeeze an upgrade on the OL (which wouldn't be hard) and sign Hughes I don't really see any downside.

What I am hearing is McCoy isn't mad about going to Buffalo, he is just mad period.  He didn't want to leave the Eagles.  Luckily Rex is a 'player's coach' so until he doesn't show up to training camp I will assume that things will smooth over once the shock wears away.  No real opinion on the Cassel trade because who cares.

I'm hoping for that, and that Rex somehow lands Revis isle as well. . . .if everything goes well, the Bills "could" have a deep playoff run and make Rex looks like a genius. . . .

It seemed like Marshall and Cutler had a falling out. That, combined with Marshall's dip in production without knowing how much whatever was ailing him will carry over to next season, leads to the Bears actually possibly selling somewhat high.

Colts announce that they will not re-sign Reggie Wayne (which isn't really a shock)

They probably hoped - like the Steelers hope with Poopy Head - that he would retire instead 

Panthers sign LT Michael Oher for a two year deal.  LT is still a huge focus in the draft but Oher can at least be a stop gap while a young LT is groomed.  But really I just posted this so ya'll can commence the blindside jokes...

Panthers sign LT Michael Oher for a two year deal. LT is still a huge focus in the draft but Oher can at least be a stop gap while a young LT is groomed. But really I just posted this so ya'll can commence the blindside jokes...

Is he even an LT now? Thought he got moved to RT.

Panthers sign LT Michael Oher for a two year deal. LT is still a huge focus in the draft but Oher can at least be a stop gap while a young LT is groomed. But really I just posted this so ya'll can commence the blindside jokes...

Is he even an LT now? Thought he got moved to RT.

Well they did - granted that was because the Titans specifically had drafted Taylor Lewan to play LT

So in theory he could be a LT for the Panthers.

Should he be is another matter