DVDVR Message Board

NXT Take over

DJ Hero Morganti

Show had a great build, but I didn't think it was so hot. Everything felt sort of jittery to me. The tag match had a ton of energy but the teams didn't work well together and it was probably the clumsiest match on a big stage I can remember seeing in ages. Woman's match was okay, but I've seen plenty of better TV matches with the two of them against other opponents in the last few months. The main had plenty of stuff that bugged me, especially how quickly Neville was back into things after the multi-man bomb. Kidd looked great. Maybe it was the lack of more polished talents but this felt way more like the minor leagues than some of the previous specials. The big brushstrokes of the show were good, but a lot of the details didn't live up to them. 

I really loved the TV building up to all of it though. I just don't know about Hunter's big desire to elevate NXT from the new ECW to the new WCW.

Enzo and Big Cass were awesome during the show, but I feel they need to ration that shit, because I thought it was a bit too much in the post show. They're a one-trick pony, but it's a good trick. Don't ruin it.

I was most impressed by Charlotte tonight, I think. Even if you didn't know she was his daughter, it's obvious she's playing Ric Flair right now, and better than he has in like 10 years. She so should have set up a tag team with Bayley and given her the fucking Sting treatment, but I don't think they're going that way after seeing Fallout.

The ending of the 4-way was good, with Neville subtly doing a turn on Zayn, with it being justified by Zayn hitting him with the rope a minute earlier. That match should be really good, but at some point I'm thinking people stop believing Zayn is actually going to win.

The ending of the 4-way was good, with Neville subtly doing a turn on Zayn, with it being justified by Zayn hitting him with the rope a minute earlier. That match should be really good, but at some point I'm thinking people stop believing Zayn is actually going to win.

I don't think the NXT crowd will ever not think Zayn is taking the belt. He's that crowds guy to me.

Show had a great build, but I didn't think it was so hot. Everything felt sort of jittery to me. The tag match had a ton of energy but the teams didn't work well together and it was probably the clumsiest match on a big stage I can remember seeing in ages. Woman's match was okay, but I've seen plenty of better TV matches with the two of them against other opponents in the last few months. The main had plenty of stuff that bugged me, especially how quickly Neville was back into things after the multi-man bomb. Kidd looked great. Maybe it was the lack of more polished talents but this felt way more like the minor leagues than some of the previous specials. The big brushstrokes of the show were good, but a lot of the details didn't live up to them. 

The overall story of the four way was very enjoyable, but I agree that there were these little moments that would pop up and bother the shit out of me. Tyson Kidd and Sami Zayn were fucking aces, but even they did one of my least favorite spots ever, with Sami hanging on to the rope waiting for Tyson to climb the turnbuckle and drop a leg on him. Uggggggh. And because they had Tyler playing a very specific role, it left them susceptible to certain selling glitches, where a guy who'd just been murdered needs to be in great shape a moment later.

Charlotte and Bailey had a good overall story as well, with Charlotte working the neck/head to prep for her finish- when she'd move away from that (the figure four) it would get her in trouble. They're also just  missing on some technical execution aspects, but I'll take the good story.

The rest of the show I don't remember too much of, in terms of straight wrestling content. Kalisto is damn exciting...that's it?

I thought the hot tag was pretty cool in the tag match. I'm looking forward to that pairing working the other teams in NXT a bit more. I'm not looking forward to the Ascension working the main roster, especially now that they don't have babyface Dustin to teach them how to work (I mean Konnor should know. He's been in developmental forever).

If Sami wins the NXT title he is going to get a incredible reaction from the crowd.  When Neville pinned him tonight this crowd was pissed and looked like a few of them threw stuff in the ring.   The problem is that they can't have too slow a burn and for god sake they have to stop this "oh well I will get him next time" attitude.   Irritated me at the last 2 hour show when he felt the need to dance with Adam Rose after losing to Breeze

Charlotte should not do a moonsault.   Sure if looks graceful in the air but she gets so much air or that she is so tall that she pretty much lands on her feet and has to fall on her opponent.   Not saying it should hurt but it shouldn't have the same a little bit of impact

Tyson Kidd is sublime. Him getting fed up in the interview and leaving to go tend to his cats was hilarious. Him repeatedly saying "God bless" as he made his way out caused me to spit-take, too. He was also awesome in this match. I really think the guy is the best guy in WWE right now. 

I haven't seen NXT in a spell... is Kidd doing a Teddy Hart tribute gimmick?  Let me know if he starts wearing Ming Vase pants and shirts.

Did anyone besides me roll their eyes when they introduced Kenta and the first ten seconds of his music was the most generic stereotypical Asian theme possible?

I love the name Hideo Itami simply because it will be harder for Booker T to get right when on the pre and post show panels, and thus far more entertaining for me in the long run.

I thought Charlotte was by far the best part of this show. She is tremendous. I think in the future she should always miss the moonsault. It's genetic.

• Like 4

Didn't think this was as good as the last Takeover but pretty good with the top 2 matches standing out. Thought the tag title change was kinda underwhelming for the end of Ascension's big reign. Didn't care for the next few matches until Charlotte/Bayley. Main reason I was interested in this show was for Charlotte, she is absolutely awesome. Charlotte/Natalya last time is one of my favorite matches of the year. She always comes off like a total star, is constantly improving in the ring and I liked her a lot on the mic in the post show. Hadn't realized they changed Charlotte's finisher name but figured they eventually would. Charlotte/Sasha should be real good.

Hideo Itami's segment was really well done. No problem with the name change and thought it was well worked into the promo. He came off like a total badass when he stepped back in after being thrown out then took down the Ascension. Really good stuff.

Main event exceeded my expectations. Glad Neville retained. Tyson Kidd was fantastic throughout. The near falls in this were excellent. Didn't care for the acting like Neville turned heel by breaking up a pin but liked his post-show promo. The post show in general was very well done as far as advancing angles. Pretty good overall.

Yeah, also curious about the name. He said "hero."

Watched everything up until the main, which has to wait until tomorrow. Tag match was fun, but the Lucha chant is so hacky. 

Baron Corbin looks like a beast and I still love Parker's theme music and entrance. 

Big Cass and Enzo with a little more work could be the next New Age Outlaws. Road Dog wasn't great shakes in the ring, but he could work a mic and Billy could do a great hot tag sequence. I think Enzo and Cass need a little more variety in their act. As noted, it's literally the same beats every time out. But they're really close, plus they have great chemistry together. If anything, they both talk really fast at times. They need to slow their shit down, but they definitely get over on the main roster with their act. At the very least, they fill that comedy Cryme Tyme-type roll. 

Bayler is just the best babyface in the world and I hate that she lost. Great stuff there. 

NXT Takeover was awesome from top to bottom, and I personally enjoyed seeing Bull Dempsey squashing Mojo Rawley's sorry ass.

Charlotte-Bayley was a great match- I really thought Charlotte was going to lose the title with how the match felt. 

And that fatal four way absolutely tore the house down. I don't watch a lot of PWG, but if the pace of the match tonight is anything close to how PWG's big matches are then it can't be anything but a good thing. And possible slow heel turn for Neville? 

B.....A......W......L......D......BAAAAAAAAAWLD!!! :D