DVDVR Message Board

I'm glad this is over. 4 great years and now it's onto the next one. Lebron wrote a beautiful letter and he's the most forgiving athlete in the history of sports. I'm glad that SI broke this and not guys on Twitter. Massive score for SI. I got no problems or complaints.

Now let the barrage of cute cuddly animal gifs begin.

Kermit Washington?

So, now, just for a moment, imagine that Chicago gets Melo, Cleveland pulls off a trade for Love, and Lance returns to Indy and the Pacers rediscover the team they had the first half of last season.

That is one loaded division potentially.

Needless to say, I'm quite happy. I think it's hard for people who aren't from NE Ohio to understand the provincial and cultural pull that it has over you your whole life. When you are successful, you are lauded, but you know at some point you have to leave and go to New York or Chicago or DC or another city that people will respect your accomplishments in. It's part of your blood when you are from Ohio. You know from a young age that people will think you less of a success if you stay your whole life. I was sad, as a fan of the Cavs when he left, but I understood and I empathized because I had done the exact same thing a year or two prior. That being said, no matter what I did in New York and Chicago and now Philadelphia, there will always be a part of me that wants to go back, and be comfortable, and have people understand my life in a way that I haven't ever felt elsewhere. Cleveland has its warts, but it's still a part of who you are.

I feel like Lebron has in one small way led a very similar life to me, and I think a lot of others could say the same thing. I think that's why he's going back.  

• Like 4

For as much shit as I have LeBron for "The Decision" television special, I have to give him that much admiration for the way he handled his business this time, and that letter. Bravo, big fella, bravo.

Now it's time to start talking shit about him being anti-Canadian since he didn't reference any of the players from the Great White North on Cleveland's roster in his letter. :lol:

I'm thinking Chicago has to get Melo. 

Definitely agree on that. It should take about 1 season for the Cavs to really get things going because not only are they adding new players, they're young and they have a new head coach in his first season in the NBA. Bulls get Melo they have a shot at the Finals. Pacers have to keep Lance, but they got their own set of issues.

Now if Cavs add Love that could change, but I really like a perimeter trio of Irving/Wiggins/Lebron. Either way Lebron makes them a top 3-4 team.

Wonder if Miami talks to Melo.

This is probably the best way he could have announced it too. I mean, it was a circus the past two days, but only because of the media. Last time, he inspired the circus, this time, it seems like he did his best to deflate it.

Only thing I'll say is that he can not leave Cleveland at this point. It would be horrible for him to leave AGAIN after all of this.

If this deal is for less then 4 contract years, meaning no opt outs till after year 4. then that needs to be addressed in the next CBA

As a guess, I assume it's the quickly becoming normal 4 year deal with a player option after year 3.

Just for the record - it took about 30 seconds from when I got the alert on my phone to the local sports station busting out Diddy's Coming Home song

If this deal is for less then 4 contract years, meaning no opt outs till after year 4. then that needs to be addressed in the next CBA

As a guess, I assume it's the quickly becoming normal 4 year deal with a player option after year 3.

Brian, you think Detroit will ask to be moved to the Atlantic Division?

Just for the record - it took about 30 seconds from when I got the alert on my phone to the local sports station busting out Diddy's Coming Home song

Once the announcement hit, anything productive in the computer lab came to a screeching halt. 

I think my boss is going to invoke the 59 minute rule for the office because he himself would like to be home watching ESPN for the rest of the afternoon.

Your American tax dollars at work.