DVDVR Message Board

Out of the talent released today, whom do you expect to be most successful?

Ryan

Who do you expect of this group to have the most future success in wrestling?   

109 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you expect of this group to have the most future success in wrestling?

Drew is the guy with the most potential, but Sydal is the safest bet.  He can slide right back into "indie superstar" and go wrestle that new crop of kids that have filled out the indie scene while he's been (not) working for Vince.

So if Sydal goes super-indy while Drew goes and joins Bullet Club, who wins?

What about Drew in ROH? If he goes there and gets to show what he can do he could erase the "WWE bust" stigma. As has been pointed out going to TNA would probably be the worst thing because they would push him to the moon when he is coming off a run as a comedy jobber.

I'd really love to see Yoshi in ROH. Ton of potentialy great matches there.

Same.  I was almost hoping Gabriel would get released as well so they could do their thing on the indy circuit.  I'm probably in the minority here but I'd love to see them against the Young Bucks.

• Like 1

Yeah, most likely is Sydal goes right back to RoH and superinding, Tatsu pops up in NJPW giving the guys in the NEVER title range something to work with, and Drew and Camacho end up in Bullet Club (because what they need is to get bigger, yeah.  But if they add them and drop the Bucks, I'll consider it a trade up).  

That's the magic of "Teddy's Place."  You sit down and he appears and orders for you:

"I see you eyballin' that chicken fried steak, playa.  But guess what?  TONIGHT you will be going ONE ON ONE with....

GRILLED CHICKEN FAJITA!!!"

"But Teddy, I wanted a shot at that..."

"Ah, now playa playa dolla bill.  You think you get a shot at chicken fajita?  Well you will have to TEAM UP with these GLUTEN FREE BABY BACK RIBS in at TAG TEAM MATCH against...

CHRISTIAN AND ALBERTO DEL RIO!!!"

This is our last chance to get these in, lads.  GET THEM ALL OUT OR THEY'LL BE TRAPPED IN YOU FOREVER!!

• Like 7

Watching a couple of old Drew matches here, and I am still amazed at how his career went down. I know the politics with his ex-wife and such, but Vince normally sees the money above everything else. He is only 29, so plenty of time for a strong comeback, but again he should be at the same level as Sheamus and Barrett today and in line to be in main events.

• Like 1

The thing is, dating outside THE BIZ~! isn't really an option either.

Why isn't there a "none of the above" on this poll? I guess they can't all wind up at the exact same level... If JTG could be this successful without having to do anything, I'm sure he'll be all right.

Drew McIntyre is the best cautionary tale for why dating within the business is generally a bad idea.

It's not Benoit?

I mean, McIntyre screwed up his career prospects by dating a coworker. Benoit's situation could've happened with a wife from anywhere. 

And Mick Foley managed to have a successful marriage with someone outside of the biz. So did Hulk Hogan until VH1 happened. Flair's marriage (the one that produced Charlotte and Reid) lasted for 23 years. Office romances just in general always seem to go badly for at least one of the parties. Drew just happened to be in one that screwed up BOTH of their careers.

Drew McIntyre is the best cautionary tale for why dating within the business is generally a bad idea.

Who is/was he dating?

He married Tiffany/Taryn Terrell. Tiffany left the WWE under dubious circumstances in the middle of 2010, and Drew went from future world champ to JTTS in a millisecond. They actually divorced in 2011, but by that point management had permanently soured on him (even though he had a great look, entrance, and was just 26 at the time). In hindsight, he should have asked for his release back in 2011-2012 and left before the 3MB gimmick was saddled on him. 

Drew McIntyre allegedly lost his push because he didn't beat his wife. Wrestling is fucked up sometimes.

I think he lost his push more because he got into a public altercation with his wife at the company's hotel during a major event.