DVDVR Message Board

DVDVRMM: ELITE EIGHT - CENA vs. REIGNS

JOHN CENA vs. ROMAN REIGNS  

136 members have voted

1. 1. THE FRANCHISE vs. THE FUTURE FRANCHISE

I like Reigns...a lot.  However, I have no idea how to weigh the fact he wrestles in tags 98% of the time. The one time I can recall him being left to his own devices was that match in Green Bay against Bray where they were both exposed as not being ready for prime time. He's not ready.

Cena is the benchmark of consistency. I'm convinced he can deliver an above-average match with anyone on the roster.  And for a top guy, he has no problem about making anyone look like a million bucks. In the past year alone, Bryan, Sandow, Rollins and Cesaro all had career benchmark matches against him.

I don't know how you compare the two.

• Like 3

Reigns' singles match against Punk has become weirdly overlooked. People cite the Wyatt match all the time but let's not pretend that he is incapable of having a great singles match. To be completely honest, I think Cena has had a year in which more often than not he has wrestled to the level if his competition. Sure he had great matches against Henry and Cesaro, but never did he have a match this year that I thought was better because of him or helped to make a more limited performer look great. Reigns probably can't claim the latter either, but all of the Shield tags are certainly better because of his timing and presence.

To me, Cena v. Rollins was the match that made me feel like Rollins wasn't just the third member of a great faction.

I will rewatch Punk v. Reigns.

I don't know how you can argue that Cena doesn't have matches which are better because of him. He gets in the ring with a fairly large variety of opponents and has above-average to excellent matches with practically all of them. That doesn't just happen.

Cenas act is tired. I get it. But I think he is held to a much higher standard than everyone else. That's how WWE's newest breakout singles star, who hasn't shown he can competently wrestler an extended singles match is walloping him.

If you're voting as a referendum on Cena's character, or on the Shield's general awesomeness, then I can see a vote for Reigns. If you're voting based on who was a better wrestler over the course of the last year, then that's Cena, and you should feel bad about yourself if you voted Reigns.

If you're voting as a referendum on Cena's character, or on the Shield's general awesomeness, then I can see a vote for Reigns. If you're voting based on who was a better wrestler over the course of the last year, then that's Cena, and you should feel bad about yourself if you voted Reigns.

I feel great about myself. My self-esteem is at an all time high.

I've tried to be fair in my voting. I've abstained from voting in matchups involving guys I'm not familiar with, since I don't have time to do the necessary research to make an informed opinion. So I feel as if I deserve to cast at least one vote out of spite. And man, did I hate that title match at the Rumble.

• Like 1

I've tried to be fair in my voting. I've abstained from voting in matchups involving guys I'm not familiar with, since I don't have time to do the necessary research to make an informed opinion. So I feel as if I deserve to cast at least one vote out of spite. And man, did I hate that title match at the Rumble.

Reigns sold a Big Show spear for roughly eight seconds once. Only Vic and I noticed.

I feel great about myself. My self-esteem is at an all time high.

4grudk.gif

Looking good, buddy.  Looking real good. 

Sorry, but I just spent five minutes searching for Al Bundy GIfs due to an unforeseen and unconscionable tragedy happening in another thread and I couldn't just not use this.

Guys, clearly we haven't been enough Peg to Jae's Al this March if he's still feeling okay about things. 

And that's a shame.  That's a real damn shame.  Now let's step it up...and crush his goddamn spirit.

Reigns sold a Big Show spear for roughly eight seconds once. Only Vic and I noticed.

How long did Cena sell Orton's Attitude Adjustment and STF at the Rumble?

How long did Cena sell Orton's Attitude Adjustment and STF at the Rumble?

Is Orton Big Show now?